Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

song played live/ online videos/ youtube

Started by vadimo, Nov 06, 2006, 06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoop

Quote from: jaypayton on Jan 14, 2015, 09:19 AM
Chinos vocals are shit again because he's become a fat slob again...obv when he gets fat he cant sing for shit (SNW)
At least he used all the vocal effects back in that era to create an instrument almost.. I honestly miss it. Made his vocals sound thicker. I might be in the minority, but i'd take the SNW era vocals any day over the new (for live performances that is).

Vesanic

pony_01

i love deftones. lol. but for real i love em

deftfan

shoop

Martin

Don't know if this has been posted before, please ignore if this is a re-post...but I hadn't seen this before;

http://youtu.be/mIlOPme2vcI

nicklav

I've never seen it and it's incredible. Thank you!

deftfan

Martin

Jesus2Chino

Um...give me dat DVD please, lol.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

deftfan

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Mar 02, 2015, 05:29 AM
Um...give me dat DVD please, lol.

Much respect,
-Matt

soon will be available for all ;)

endstand

Looking forward to that Poland DVD!
hello memory lover, you are mine

pony_01

Robotsatemygrandma

Wow there's some straight up hate going on heers hahaha.

I'm no pro but I can tell you, singing and screaming is a very difficult thing to do. Especially consistently for days or weeks on end with no break. What you eat, drink, smoke all effect how your vocal cords are going to act when it comes time to take the stage, especially for over an hour. Then throw in sprinting around the stage like a headless chicken. Yea... your voice is basically under a lot of stress. And yes, physical shape does account for performance too.

Plus didn't the dude damage his pipes? So he had to relearn how to sing/scream and keep up the stage antics.

I think he's a great musician and vocalist none the less. Give the guy a break... at least he's not lip syncing like a lot of the industry.

Shadow46/2

Quote from: Robotsatemygrandma on Apr 14, 2015, 09:14 AM
Wow there's some straight up hate going on heers hahaha.

I'm no pro but I can tell you, singing and screaming is a very difficult thing to do. Especially consistently for days or weeks on end with no break. What you eat, drink, smoke all effect how your vocal cords are going to act when it comes time to take the stage, especially for over an hour. Then throw in sprinting around the stage like a headless chicken. Yea... your voice is basically under a lot of stress. And yes, physical shape does account for performance too.

Plus didn't the dude damage his pipes? So he had to relearn how to sing/scream and keep up the stage antics.

I think he's a great musician and vocalist none the less. Give the guy a break... at least he's not lip syncing like a lot of the industry.

+1

Hell, my voice gets raspy after like half an hour of car singing. And I'm not even jumping around or trying to project to a crowd of thousands.

He's kept it up for decades and the output is still generally strong. Hell, think of the comeback from SNW to DE. He could have kept trailing off but instead he put out one of the best recorded vocal performances of his career, and so late into it.

He's still got it in my book. Even if he can't hit all the notes he used to, his voice is so singular and unique that he'll always have a place among the best.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.