Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Rap/Hip-Hop

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 05, 2008, 10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alxn

jbmp1390

Quote from: occipudding on Apr 14, 2013, 03:42 AM
Quote from: jbmp1390 on Apr 13, 2013, 10:48 PM
I've really been liking The Underachievers mixtape, Indigoism. They're really talented and even though they're related to the rest of the Beast Coast movement with Flatbush Zombies, ASAP Mob etc they have they're own sound.

http://youtu.be/MwleLyD43Hs

http://youtu.be/205K9Pim2oE

i really dig that mixtape as well.  it's a shame the production is so horrible.

Seriously? What's horrible about the production. Production wise I don't they're on the level of Flatbush Zombies, Pro Era, or ASAP Mob but they're production definitely isn't horrible by any means. Have you heard ''The Mahdi''? Great sample on that one. The beat for Herb Shuttles is tight. Maxing Out is another good one. They're are some songs that have weaker production than others but none are what I would call horrible. If you're comparing them to someone like Eric Arck Elliot from Flatbush Zombies, Chuck Strangers from Pro Era, or even Ty beats or hit boy from ASAP Mob then there is no comparison. Flatbush Zombies especially are just on another level with the beats.  Check out the video for MRAZ for a great example of that.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

DJR

Hank

lozz

Hey all,

Was hoping for some hip-hop recommendations. Apart from the early 90's classics (Cypress, HOP, Wu tang, Public Enemy, Beasties etc.)
I don't listen to much hip-hop. Deltron 3030 is probably my most listened to hip-hop record (out of a tiny collection).

I would prefer some with lyrics which are political or socially conscious, rather than other macho bullshit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I know I haven't given much info to go on!

Cheers, lozz.
There's a mass without roofs, there's a prison to fill
There's a country's soul that reads post no bills
There's a strike and a line of cops outside of the mill
There's a right to obey and there's a right to kill

people are people

Quote from: lozz on Jul 03, 2013, 08:19 PM
Hey all,

Was hoping for some hip-hop recommendations. Apart from the early 90's classics (Cypress, HOP, Wu tang, Public Enemy, Beasties etc.)
I don't listen to much hip-hop. Deltron 3030 is probably my most listened to hip-hop record (out of a tiny collection).

I would prefer some with lyrics which are political or socially conscious, rather than other macho bullshit.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I know I haven't given much info to go on!

Cheers, lozz.

The Best Album of 2013 by a mile is Prodigy & Alchemist - Albert Einstein , This album is a classic.
Prodigy & Alchemist-Albert Einstein Full Album 2013

bright lights, big city

coming from a bro who's been listening to nothing but Macklemore and Kanye lately, that sounds great. Gonna go find it online now, thanks man.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Hank

yea Einstein gives hope

Alchemist redeemed his position with this one..Prodigy rode it the best he could

that one with havoc and raekwon is sick

only pieces remain

Quote from: people are people on Jul 04, 2013, 03:58 AM
Hey all,

Cheers, lozz.

The Best Album of 2013 by a mile is Prodigy & Alchemist - Albert Einstein , This album is a classic.
Prodigy & Alchemist-Albert Einstein Full Album 2013

this is great. appreciate it!

deftones86

digital bath

Hey all,

Cheers, lozz.

Ill Bill (Ft. Max Cavalera & Immortal Technique) - War Is My Destiny [Prod. Ill Bill]

Immortal Technique The 4th Branch

Immortal Technique - Dominant Species

Non Phixion The C I A Is Still Trying to Kill Me Ft Steph of the Deftones & Christian & Raymond of Fear Factory

Arsonists-Brooklyn Academy feat Non Phixion.avi

Artists you should check out:

Immortal Technique
Jedi Mind Tricks / Vinnie Paz
Non Phixion / Ill Bill
Diabolic

...to name a few

Hank

You forgot Tech's  grand symphony
Dance With The Devil - Immortal Technique

heart strings

SwerveCityUSA

I was thinking about checking out Public Enemy's catalog. I'm all about protest music.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Hank

2pac Ghetto gospel (Originale Version)

greatest "hip hop/rap' song I've ever heard .Whoever got a hold of his catalog when he passed should be ashamed for not releasing it in it's truest form.They did Bob's music like that also...it's sad gems are being hidden from the masses.Glad this mixtape of originals was dropped . Bless his soul.

FlyingPiranha

Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

Northcal

West coast -brotha lynch hung-mac dre-berner-iam su-smoov -E-e40-dubee-x-raided-Yukmouth-mac mall-Dru Down -too short-Andre nickatina-phillty rich-messy marv 8)

Crazylegs