Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

@ bright lights, big city

Started by theis, Apr 03, 2008, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

I believe North Bend is in up in Washington. And at least that's where I'd imagine they filmed a lot of Twin Peaks, X-Files, Fringe, etc.

Unless you mean South Bend which is nearby in... ugh, Indiana.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

it's either north bend or new orleans. we mainly want to drive so i can see shit.

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

Never heard of her, but after hearing this I checked out Grown Up and Pstereo. I'm hooked. God I love pop from Scandinavia. Keep it coming.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

I had really only heard pstereo until a little while ago when this album started showing up in album of the year discussions over here, so i thought i better check it out. And i really like it.

I think you'd like Susanne Sundfør aswell, if you're not already aware of her. She released a great album two years ago called The Silicone Veil. This is the first single from that one (also one of my favorite songs that year, for sure!):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCIaj-oLi28

bright lights, big city

I think I have heard that song, it's so familiar. Just don't know where. But it's legit. Gonna check out some more of her too. Apparently she's got a new one out in February.

Also, what a babe, haha.

EDIT:
Maybe it wasn't that song I'd heard. I know the voice from the Oblivion soundtrack with M83!

http://youtu.be/DP7oquUeV_0
DERP

Crazylegs

Oh yeah, that's right. Great tune.

theis

bright lights, big city

Dude that best of list you posted is full of just fully-bearded, filthy-riffed doom metal. That's awesome. I gotta get on my list - it's likely gonna be all over the place.

How you doing otherwise? How's the special lady?
DERP

theis

Haha, yeah, lots of good heavy releases this year! Though, one of the my most anticipated releases is the new Father John Misty album.

I'm doing good! And so is she. She's an intern in Ireland right now. The long distance has been tough, but luckily its not that expensive to travel to Ireland. She gets home at the end of January. Really looking forward to it. :) After that we're gonna find an apartment together, so things are looking good.

How's life treating you?

chick de la lynch

Quote from: theis on Nov 29, 2014, 05:43 PM
Though, one of the my most anticipated releases is the new Father John Misty album.

I'm looking forward to that album, too! Great musician but a total tool in every other aspect of life.

theis

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Nov 29, 2014, 09:14 PM
Quote from: theis on Nov 29, 2014, 05:43 PM
Though, one of the my most anticipated releases is the new Father John Misty album.

Great musician but a total tool in every other aspect of life.

Really? I mean, yeah he's weird, but I like him from what I've seen in interviews and stuff.

chick de la lynch

I heard him on Marc Maron's WTF and it was just grating to my ears how pretentious he is. The few parts where he was genuine were nice, but he reminds me of Bob Dylan personality wise, another great musician.

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

Shit, the new album's out! You know I dig that synthpop.
DERP

thewanderer

You like Huey Lewis And The News??? I fucking love that gif.....
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

bright lights, big city

They really came into their own when Sports came out in '83.
DERP

blixa

bright lights, big city

As in the University of Illinois town? Honestly? I've never been to it. Even with all the friends that went there for school, I somehow avoided it.

I assume it's decent enough - like most Illinois cities outside of Chicagoland it's like an oasis surrounded by 100 miles of cornfields.
DERP

blixa

i'm actually excited at the chance to see it. i know david foster wallace spent his childhood there.