Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones facebook/twitter/myspace/website updates.

Started by beLIEve, May 06, 2009, 02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

therealdaebat

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Nov 25, 2014, 01:08 PM
Quote from: therealdaebat on Nov 21, 2014, 08:29 PM
The butthurt on this thread over the merch is hilariously meta. I think almost all of it is quite good.

Photo of you in the varsity jacket and snap back or it didnt happen

HAHA, that'll never happen. I'm a sucker for the self titled merch. Such great design from those days.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Lucky_Me

Oh my God, Ves, excuse me so much!  :o I feel absolutely mortified. My sincere apologies.
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

Lucky_Me

I'm sorry for the double post, but again: I'm so sorry for being rude to the wrong person... it's such a touchy subject for me and so I must've misread it. Honestly, I'm not always this bitchy, but it seems that a lot in my brain has been changing a lot lately. (I'm seeing a neurologist for this.) However, this is not an excuse. I feel like an insensitive idiot myself, but I never meant to hurt the wrong person. I'm so very sorry, I'm all over the place since I'm going to get the results of my EEG and MRI this Thursday...  :'( I'm scared and I bet you guys can understand why. Jesus, I feel like such a bitch now.  :-X Are we good again?

Penicks

Vesanic

Lucky_Me

Oh, really? My neurologist might just have been looking for a tumor in my head. Seriously. Hence the MRI and EEG. So maybe this topic may just be a little touchy for me. Cancer has killed half of my family already. This may also explain why I'm so short-tempered and why I misread things, you know, due to the stress and fear it causes. I apologized, but if that's not good enough for you, you're an insensitive jerk anyway. At least I was a bitch by accident. Get well soon, asshole. 

Vesanic

Learn to laugh about it, it'll ease the pain. Pierre Desproges, a French humorist, who was and still is looked up as one of the most brilliant men of this century, was the first guy to joke about his illness. His most famous punchlines were about it.

I do sympathize and didn't mean to add more weight to your struggle. But relax. If you're going to be touchy with anyone who ironizes cancer, it'll be even shittier than it already is. Being able to kick it with humor, helps with the tumor. True story. Very sorry for you still, good luck.

Lucky_Me

Let's make things up, alright? I accept your apologies and I hope you accept mine, too. I knew not everyone around here is an asshole, it's just difficult to interpret a written comment when it comes to sarcasm, irony and dark humor. You never get to hear the tone of voice and the internet doesn't really allow you to truly get to know someone's sense of humor. It's sad, but true: I'm studying to be a communication expert and so I think that social media are, in fact, quite antisocial. That makes it very difficult to time humor and to make sure the receiving party doesn't interpret it as offensive. You can't see whether someone's laughing or tearing up through a screen. I'm so sorry, I am usually much more fun to be around, but I'm having a very bad day. That's not anyone's fault on SL, but I'd rather blame that on the way my body and mind have been bitching all day long. Shit happens.

You know, I'm usually the one to pull dark jokes about my physical impairment and 'new' neurological symptoms, because it does make things a lot easier indeed. You are very right about that. Thanks for the support, too. Chances are huge that the newer symptoms are just a result of some old brain damage. A lot has gone on in my head before I saw my current neurologist, so who knows. I'm hoping for something detectable, finally, so I can get suiting therapy and meds. I bet I'll be a lot less of a pain in the ass, as soon as I've been diagnosed. I'm sorry for the misery and confusion I've caused and thanks for being so nice to me.

Penicks

can you please post you medical issues here, here or here thx xxx

N0S3BLEED976

You know, not everyone here is interested in your entire medical history. Especially when you feel the need to constantly remind us about it in each and every one of your pain in the ass long posts. Let's keep things about Deftones in this thread. Please.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Penicks on Nov 25, 2014, 10:06 PM
can you please post you medical issues here, here or here thx xxx

You brought it to the point, ha ha

Lucky_Me

Sure, guys. It's a good thing I can again laugh about people like you. I'd also prefer talking about Deftones, but an argument just got in the way. No big deal, shit happens. Let's move on now.

Vesanic

They don't mean it in a malicious way. It's just the motto on sharinglungs and most messages boards, we like to remain on topic. We can go off for a bit, just not for too long. Besides as I understand you've already posted heavily about your medical issues in the chit chat thread, so there's that. Doesn't mean anyone here is insensitive. Anyway, again, good luck.

Back on point, who would you guys like to see Deftones work with? I'll say, I'm happy it's not Nick. It doesn't mean the output will be any darker or have more grit, but hopefully it won't be as polished. You can love DE and KNY all you want but there's just something too light about the production.

deftones86

I agree its like they found a comfort zone and stayed in it the last two albums they just don't have that unexpected element like, you didnt know where they were going to take a song. DE and KNY are pretty formulaic.  They sound like Deftones but the soul just isn't there.  and stefs guitar tone is just bad hes got 8 strings but it doesnt sound deep or wide and doesn't have any character to it. and Sergio is a great bass player but hes not chi and im not saying that some fan boy like  "oh sergio sucks chi is the greatest rabble rabble" but he was a big part of their sound the bottom end has been out of wack. i let them sit for awhile and didnt listen to them for a good 6 or 7 months and a couple days ago I listened to all of it from Like Linus to KNY and its drastically different form SNW to KNY. 

And who would i like them to work with? i think Deftones circa 2000 would be an awesome collab.

Inkblades

wheresmysnare

Quote from: MrVesanique on Nov 25, 2014, 11:42 PM
They don't mean it in a malicious way. It's just the motto on sharinglungs and most messages boards, we like to remain on topic. We can go off for a bit, just not for too long. Besides as I understand you've already posted heavily about your medical issues in the chit chat thread, so there's that. Doesn't mean anyone here is insensitive. Anyway, again, good luck.

Back on point, who would you guys like to see Deftones work with? I'll say, I'm happy it's not Nick. It doesn't mean the output will be any darker or have more grit, but hopefully it won't be as polished. You can love DE and KNY all you want but there's just something too light about the production.

KNY and DE are polished to such a point that the music looses some of it's punch - although I gotta say he did a great job of getting frank into the mix more. As uninspired as it is, I would like to see terry again, just because of what he did with the sound on White Pony

elite54

They are taking some serious shit on their recent Facebook/Instagram post.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: elite54 on Dec 07, 2014, 08:07 AM
They are taking some serious shit on their recent Facebook/Instagram post.

i don't think they're even saying their opinion on the whole Ferguson case, they want to promote peace yet people are twisting the fuck out of it. literally seeing comments of "throwing your memorabilia in the trash" and "you just lost a fan." like, just because a band /might/ not agree with you on something means that you hate them and they suck now? It makes me really sad that they can't express themselves without losing a probably small, but vocal part of their fan base. 

sooniletugo

Holy shit. Never seen so much backlash against this band from so-called fans. Have these guys ever heard of 7 Words? It's hardly surprising how Deftones feel about it. Interesting how it's all white people who are so angry about it from what I see on Facebook. I'm white too by the way. Whether his hands were up or down, the police officer's actions weren't warranted. Yeah the kid was a "criminal", but everyone deserves a chance to change, he didn't deserve to have his life ended just like that when the officer could've easily just wounded him. There's self-defense then unnecessary brutality. Shit like this only creates more angry kids. Didn't the cop put like 6 bullets in the kid's chest? No excuse for that.

I think Frank runs the social media pages, but I saw Sergio post about it recently too on Twitter. They're better off without these weak ass fans, whoever posted it. I don't agree with James Hetfield making a TV show about killing bears but I'm still a Metallica fan. God forbid our favourite musicians have an opinion!

Inkblades

I have absolutely no problem with Deftones losing some of the more idiotic members of their fanbase. In fact, I fully support it.

And well said to the couple posts before me.