Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones facebook/twitter/myspace/website updates.

Started by beLIEve, May 05, 2009, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

Quote from: deftoner664 on Aug 06, 2015, 04:26 AM
Wonder if he's doing photos for the new record?

I'm assuming he would be, last time the posted about hanging with him he was shooting the photos for diamond eyes.. And it's not like you accidentally hang out with a pro photographer before a concert and with him taking pictures. I mean, it could happen, but I'm gonna go with album shoot.

gwenudo

Well i mean, Futuradosmil did the art for koi, and now we're back to his son doing the album.. pretty sweet if you ask me. they both take some great abstract shots. also 13teenthwitnesses snapchat story was pretty good yesterday, a whole day with deftones.. it was great really, you really get to see what deftones do before shows. which apparently Frank watches tv super up close and chino dances like a hipster to some loud techno while abe takes off his pants infront of everyone to change lol
Was it like it seemed?...

Shadow46/2

I love 13th Witness and thought the art direction for their promo shoots and EPK for Diamond Eyes (and also the Beauty School vid) were gorgeous.
Futuradosmil is also pretty sweet too. Both art styles are unique but very "deftones-y." 13th's shots tend to be more hyper-real, I liken his photography to a night terror, that unsettling feeling when you're awake but not quite all there, you're mind still has one foot in unconsciousness and everything looks almost too vivid.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

nineteen

Koi No Yokan's artwork was great but the back cover was shite (more constructively; not in the theme of the record).

cvthedrv

Quote from: nineteen on Aug 06, 2015, 05:53 PM
Koi No Yokan's artwork was great but the back cover was shite (more constructively; not in the theme of the record).

dude, that fucking picture is so cool, dat chino face is gold.

Vesanic

cvthedrv

im just wondering if anyone could post that picture of deftones rehearsing at the studio before the 2015 northamerican tour, in which chino is wearing a cammo windbreaker?

thanks btw!

Shadow46/2

Quote from: nineteen on Aug 06, 2015, 05:53 PM
I thought it was brilliant, all the dreamy lights and star looking shit, and then just chilling outside a strip joint on the back. It's like.... You know that feeling when you have a wild and fun drunken night out full of possibilities... But then you just end up going home to jerk it in the end?

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Inkblades

I also love the KNY back cover. It's hilarious that they are all sitting in front of a massage parlor. The style of that picture also reminds me of the Around the Fur packaging.

defsteve

Quote from: cvthedrv on Aug 09, 2015, 05:53 PM
im just wondering if anyone could post that picture of deftones rehearsing at the studio before the 2015 northamerican tour, in which chino is wearing a cammo windbreaker?

thanks btw!

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

E-Money

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 04, 2015, 07:10 PM
I also love the KNY back cover. It's hilarious that they are all sitting in front of a massage parlor. The style of that picture also reminds me of the Around the Fur packaging.

Yea definitely. Reminded me of ATF era for sure. Miss those days, but excited for this record. Hope Frank really steps up again and really adds to the music!

cvthedrv

Quote from: defsteve on Sep 05, 2015, 12:03 AM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Aug 09, 2015, 05:53 PM

thanks btw!

thanks buddy!!

Gee

"...but to look back and try to recapture who we were just for nostalgia's sake ? That'd just be awkward".

Hey Korn.  ;)

Officially getting excited. I really wish like I said a few years ago on this board that this coming album would be the WP of the "Vega era".

In terms of creativity/consistency/quality, that is.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

thewanderer

Quote from: Gee on Sep 11, 2015, 11:06 PM

Officially getting excited. I really wish like I said a few years ago on this board that this coming album would be the WP of the "Vega era".

In terms of creativity/consistency/quality, that is.

I agree. It will be the trifecta.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

luisch

Tweet a 10-song Spotify playlist inspired by Deftones with the hashtag ‪#‎DeftonesUK‬. The winning playlist will be played at Wembley, SSE Arena before our performance on 21/11.

Photo Credit: Clemente Ruiz

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Hinojos

Quote from: luisch on Nov 10, 2015, 03:24 PM
Tweet a 10-song Spotify playlist inspired by Deftones with the hashtag ‪#‎DeftonesUK‬. The winning playlist will be played at Wembley, SSE Arena before our performance on 21/11.

Photo Credit: Clemente Ruiz

I wonder if this means older bands, newer bands, or if it doesn't matter as long as they're similar to Deftones? I'm assuming it isn't songs from Deftones themselves, but from other bands to cover. Then again it could just be 10 Deftones songs and I'm just overlooking it lmao.

E-Money

Would be cooler if it were just deftones songs and if they would actually play them. I hope everyone would pick pink maggit. Still can't believe they haven't played it live. That's a crime . Literally.

defsteve

Quote from: Hinojos on Nov 10, 2015, 06:34 PM
I wonder if this means older bands, newer bands, or if it doesn't matter as long as they're similar to Deftones? I'm assuming it isn't songs from Deftones themselves, but from other bands to cover. Then again it could just be 10 Deftones songs and I'm just overlooking it lmao.

It will mean a 10-song playlist to play over the sound system at Wembley after Architects go off and before Deftones come on.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

ANattyRat

I misread that and thought it was people picking the setlist for Deftones to play. I almost peed myself with excitement, haha, what a disappointment.

therealdaebat

I did the same thing. There's no way they'd be able to play a fan voted set list. Ween did that once and it was spectacular. They also live streamed it to the internet in SBD quality.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones