Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Various Projects of Mike Patton

Started by theis, Mar 30, 2010, 09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: Jacob on Oct 29, 2012, 01:21 AM
Tomahawk played a few new songs on their first gig. there only seems to be video of one of them, though - the title track, Oddfellows:

http://youtu.be/Hlcx7kQh3qw

sounds pretty good to me. all the naysayers who thought this album would be pure pop can please shut it now.

I was a huge FNM and Mr. Bungle fan growing up.  Never listened to this band though.  I dig that song.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

I saw them in Nashville and Memphis. Met Mike Patton getting off a shuttle bus for the Graceland Mansion tour. Got a few pictures with him and he was totally cool about it. Been kicking myself for the past few days because I've been thinking up all the great questions I could have asked him but didn't.

bewareofrats

Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Recent Tomahawk tour in the South.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/alternative/oddfellows-vinyl/676868

1. Oddfellows
2. Stone Letter
3. I.O.U.
4. White Hats / Black Hats
5. A Thousand Eyes
6. Rise Up Dirty Waters
7. The Quiet Few
8. -
9. South Paw
10. Choke Neck
11. Waratorium
12. Baby Let's Play
13. Typhoon

Jacob

I want this damn album now, not next year. why the hell does it take so long before release?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 27, 2012, 06:07 PM
I want this damn album now, not next year. why the hell does it take so long before release?

I want this album this past Summer when we were supposed to get it.  I know the feeling, man. I'm all over this thing checking sites prerorders everyday. I'm pretty sure its because of Mike's schedule that it was delayed.

Jacob

it doesn't make sense though, they're playing live now. why not have the album released if you're gonna go on the road? they're too small and niche to do some sort of promo tour before a new album.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Supposedly this leaked but I can't find a trustworthy enough site to get it from.

Jacob

can't find a leak, but found previews of the entire album: Tomahawk - Oddfellows (2013) - Preview

Jacob

so the album leaked. only on the 4th song so far, so that's the second song I hadn't already heard. sounding awesome so far.

theis

It's an awesome album.

I'm just stoked to hear Patton's voice in something again.

'Rise Up Dirty Waters' sounds straight up like Mr. Bungle.

Jacob

Quote from: theis on Jan 19, 2013, 01:07 PM
It's an awesome album.

I'm just stoked to hear Patton's voice in something again.

'Rise Up Dirty Waters' sounds straight up like Mr. Bungle.

yeah, I found myself thinking "man, this is huge - new material with Mike actually singing".

and it's hella good. I get vibes from both earlier Tomahawk, Bungle and FNM.

bright lights, big city

Agreed, I love this album. I definitely get serious Bungle vibes with a lot of this album.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Hesperian Death-Horse!

I got my CD and LP on Wednesday. LP packaging is a bit disappointing. The LP label matches the "Stone Letter" 7" label. The CD label would have been way awesome as the LP label.

Jacob

Faith No More played two new songs in London and Poland. That's a total of three new songs since the reunion. I'm willing to bet there will be more.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 10, 2014, 04:42 PM
Faith No More played two new songs in London and Poland. That's a total of three new songs since the reunion. I'm willing to bet there will be more.

You and some others fans get ready for a big girlie screeching after reading this

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-faith-no-more-begins-recording-first-studio-album-since-1997s-album-of-the-year/

In my opinion very cool :D

theis