Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

Yeah probably rehearsing but I'd say they would defintely be playing around with some new things aswell, they most likely would have brought some ideas in to show each other, especially if Stef has been working on his rig like I think he said he was planning to, no doubt he would of come up with some riffs whilst playing around.

Diplo

Maybe yeah, finally ^^

Never seen Chino's guitar before... It's a new or what ?

DeftonesNZ

I was looking at that too, it's quite a weird looking guitar like a cross between les paul and tele body, the controls are weirdly placed aswell and I think it's got single coils. You never know what it could be with Chino he's used loads of different brands and models over the years.

Diplo

Interesting, but I would love to hear a song without Chino playing guitar.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Diplo

Thanks dude, so it's really a new one ?
I wonder if it can add something to their sound or it's just aesthetic.

Diplo

endstand

You can see a sticky note on the right down corner, yes? And are there songs written?

Battle - Battle-axe
HOL - Hole in the earth?
RX - RX Queen
Feit - Feiticeira
Mona - Moana?
hello memory lover, you are mine

elite54

I think that says NOL - No Ordinary Love. Good catch though man.

DeftonesNZ

I don't think that means they actually plan on playing them, I mean it would be cool if they did but it's pretty common pratice for musicians to have labels like that on their gear reminding them what presets are what, I'm pretty sure if you could see the rest he would have the other songs and their preset numbers especially because it looks like that unit doesn't allow for preset names like an Axe FX uses, also I like how Abe has a designated an easily accessible beer location.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah looks like what I said found this from a rig rundown Frank did a few years back you can see the whole thing is covered with notes like that
http://www.keyboardmag.com/uploadedImages/keyboardmag/articles/Yamaha_wide_1.jpg

Diplo

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Sep 03, 2014, 07:13 AM
also I like how Abe has a designated an easily accessible beer location.

endstand

Why are you trying to bury all the fun? ;)

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Sep 03, 2014, 07:21 AM
Yeah looks like what I said found this from a rig rundown Frank did a few years back you can see the whole thing is covered with notes like that
http://www.keyboardmag.com/uploadedImages/keyboardmag/articles/Yamaha_wide_1.jpg
hello memory lover, you are mine

Vesanic

I wouldn't see them playing Battle-axe, not after what Chino said about it and seeing how long they've been neglecting the S/T for, and like, Moana? No way. I'd love to be wrong though.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: musteatbrains9 on Aug 08, 2014, 05:38 PM
Quote from: General Pong Krell on Aug 07, 2014, 10:27 AM
Quote from: Logic on Aug 07, 2014, 01:24 AM
Yeah! First, songs with the Serj Tankian of System Of A Down (that's so cheesy ), then songs with the pseudo intellectual Maynard James Keenan of Tool, and now would be a collab between chino and that shitty wanna-be band. Haha, similarities are only superficial. Shameless gj rip off. (#sarcasm)

U fail

Don't get me wrong - I don't like letlive at all. But, u fail. I don't know what's more pathetic. Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the perception to realize the sarcasm, or your delusional and totally failed and desperate response attempt. No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude. "corporate slime like letlive",  "Wanna be band"... Get over yourself !
  If you want stop to think a little and be intellectual honest with yourself.  One pretentious douchebag,  pseudo-true fan of heavy metal or metal would say exactly the same thing about deftones.  And, you and the traditional moron cvthedrv, still posting in one forum probably of your favourite band. Which it's associated with one of the most hated genres in music of all time - the "nu metal" scene.  Metal it's a united community, and even the majority of the "metalheads" would told you  - They don't hate the "nu metal" itself. They hate the fans who refer to it as "true" metal when it clearly isn't, and when the fans act "hardcore".  Although they don't stick to the modest and traditional roots of metal.  No bad blood. 

That's the most confusing paragraph i've read in a long time

Logic

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Sep 09, 2014, 12:19 PM
Quote from: General Pong Krell on Aug 07, 2014, 10:27 AM
Quote from: Logic on Aug 07, 2014, 01:24 AM
Yeah! First, songs with the Serj Tankian of System Of A Down (that's so cheesy ), then songs with the pseudo intellectual Maynard James Keenan of Tool, and now would be a collab between chino and that shitty wanna-be band. Haha, similarities are only superficial. Shameless gj rip off. (#sarcasm)

U fail

Don't get me wrong - I don't like letlive at all. But, u fail. I don't know what's more pathetic. Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the perception to realize the sarcasm, or your delusional and totally failed and desperate response attempt. No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude. "corporate slime like letlive",  "Wanna be band"... Get over yourself !
  If you want stop to think a little and be intellectual honest with yourself.  One pretentious douchebag,  pseudo-true fan of heavy metal or metal would say exactly the same thing about deftones.  And, you and the traditional moron cvthedrv, still posting in one forum probably of your favourite band. Which it's associated with one of the most hated genres in music of all time - the "nu metal" scene.  Metal it's a united community, and even the majority of the "metalheads" would told you  - They don't hate the "nu metal" itself. They hate the fans who refer to it as "true" metal when it clearly isn't, and when the fans act "hardcore".  Although they don't stick to the modest and traditional roots of metal.  No bad blood. 

That's the most confusing paragraph i've read in a long time

I think he smokes weed...or you.

ANattyRat

Quote from: MrVesanique on Sep 03, 2014, 11:24 PM
I wouldn't see them playing Battle-axe, not after what Chino said about it and seeing how long they've been neglecting the S/T for, and like, Moana? No way. I'd love to be wrong though.

What did he say about Battle-axe?

DeftonesNZ

They  were thinking of playing it so he looked up the lyrics and he had forgotten how fucked up and dark it was, he said it's just so far away from who he is now it would feel weird singing it because it's just not him anymore and he'd rather not revisit that dark stage

chi_no

OH MY FREAKING GOD, Everybody!... Just what I found - http://defjef.tripod.com/1990pics.htm
If anybody has or can find the video,... just... would be fucking awesome!
Mabey one of the rarest Deftones videos ever?..
From what I can see there's an interview and a FREAKING LIVE PRO-SHOT PREFORMANCE - O N   TV!!!!

from_musings

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ-g0BdpbDM