Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

Weird that Gore is his least favourite, but then again, it's all about preference. He didn't say it was a bad song, after all. Acid Hologram must sound quite different then, I'm interested to hear it, but I imagine there's quite a few songs on there that are like that. Exciting stuff, I'm definitely ready to hear the album. Prayers/Triangles just being an in-the-middle, typical Deftones song, more or less, is good news, too. This isn't them experimenting or pushing boundaries, that's for the other songs.

Capt Snow

Chino also described the color of the record as pink, purple and red.

The latter (red) might be a reference to the Chuck snippets.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Capt Snow on Feb 13, 2016, 02:16 AM

how would you even come to that conclusion?

Capt Snow

Quote from: sharinglungs on Feb 13, 2016, 11:57 AM

The Chuck snippets had a reddish painting of Buddha if I recall corectly.

King Leer

Quote from: Capt Snow on Feb 13, 2016, 01:41 PM

cvthedrv

Vesanic

Quote from: King Leer on Feb 13, 2016, 07:34 PM
Quote from: Capt Snow on Feb 13, 2016, 01:41 PM

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

all3n_y

Well now I'm super excited. According to that interviewer, he talks about how the album is very dark lyrically, and expresses how some songs are pretty heavy if he's comparing the sounds to Meshuggah and other Metal bands.

Freedomsoldier17

awesome interview man...has me practically drooling for the album release

snw9

I am trying to search for the interview mentioning how Jerry Cantrell appeared as a guest on Phantom bride. Can anyone link it, please?
Code: [Select]

pony_01

Quote from: snw9 on Feb 19, 2016, 01:49 PM
I am trying to search for the interview mentioning how Jerry Cantrell appeared as a guest on Phantom bride. Can anyone link it, please?

on daniel p carter's new podcast

N0S3BLEED976

Seems like Stephen isn't particularly fond of the new record, or at least the direction they were going in. Let's hope there are still some cool ideas from him on the new album. The editor's note at the end of the article sounds promising, though

Sicario

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 20, 2016, 04:54 PM
Seems like Stephen isn't particularly fond of the new record, or at least the direction they were going in. Let's hope there are still some cool ideas from him on the new album. The editor's note at the end of the article sounds promising, though

I agree. The note at the end was the silver lining. Still it kind of sucked to read that Stephen feels like the band is leaving him and his ideas behind and going off in a different direction.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

N0S3BLEED976

cvthedrv

hope the band could be less chino and more stef, it would be very fucked up if stef decide to quit the band, but seriously that's a big possibility.

ANattyRat

Crap, that interview is worrying, especially when he said about the band leaving him. Why can't they just let him use his own ideas more? I mean, we're only getting his side, of course, and I'm assuming (and hoping) that he had at least some input into the album (hence the heavy and aggressive parts). But it seems like the rest of the band wants to focus more on the beauty, polished aspect of things, where Steph wants to get heavier or something. But it seems uncool if they're basically outnumbering him and forcing him to not be passionate and happy about the music being made.  Although he did say 'at first', so it seems like he at least has come around to it.

Man, I hope he doesn't leave the band or anything, but it sounds like it's possible, if not probable :\

LG95

Well, I mean he does say he'll never leave the band so I wouldn't be overly concerned about that.

There have been creative differences for a long time and the albums have never been anything other than great so I don't see why that won't be the case for Gore. It is jarring to read him admit their differences the way he has done there though.
I could float here forever