Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Song Identification

Started by isopure, Jun 07, 2010, 08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isopure

I was at a concert this weekend and found a CD near the bar "Deftones - Blue Tear".  We popped in the CD player when leaving and just had a few (5) 30 second clips.  Obviously a bootleg or something but I am trying to find the full CD or EU release CD if that is what it is. Tracks were not names.  Simply 1-5.  Link to one of the clips below.  Apologies if that is against the rules.  

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=684960433.wav

Or listen here:

http://www.goear.com/listen/de30f1f/?-?-?-Deftones

Inkblades

You either stumbled upon some rare artifact (Eros?) or someone trying to pass another band off as Deftones. I'm assuming the latter.

Variable

I'm using a community computer and can't check out that link.  But maybe they ripped it from when deftones put those Eros recording clips on their web site a while back?  But inkblades is probably right, it was probably another band using deftones name because no one will listen to them otherwise. 

Inkblades

Up the rest of the clips.

Inkblades

Quote from: Variable on Jun 07, 2010, 08:16 AM
I'm using a community computer and can't check out that link.  But maybe they ripped it from when deftones put those Eros recording clips on their web site a while back?  But inkblades is probably right, it was probably another band using deftones name because no one will listen to them otherwise. 

It's not something from the video clips.

isopure

Well they did a shitty job of that if its the case as they did not tag it with a proper band name .  Normally I would not even ask, but the drums were distinctive and I thought I had heard all of the DT albums.

I'll check back in a few days see if anyone else knows what it is.    If anyone wants I can put the rest of the clips up tomorrow, I just need to rip them.  If that is not against the rules.

Timmy666

Put the rest of the clips up. Not entirely sure if its Deftones or not but definately sounds like a bootleg of something they'd do.

Jacob

doesn't sound like Deftones to me. that's not Chino's voice, and the guitars don't sound like anything Stef would play.

I could be wrong though.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

deftoolsys07

that's not deftones... but does sound a lot lke god is an astronaut
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Oldnewtype

well if its not deftones they did a good job at tricking me. I don't hear Chino, that "singing" sounds like franks keys or something. Guitar and drums sounds like it could be stef and abe to me though.

Real interested in hearing the rest.

Vesanic

The " voice " sounds like some keys from Frank. And even, you never know what someone's falsetto sounds like, that could be Chino, but I would bet on Frank's keys or something.

As for the rest, it totally sounds like experimental Deftones, it has a SNW-taste, don't know if anyone agrees but that's my feeling.

I have a feeling that this guy just brought us something from Eros.

There Will Be Blood

Does sound like Abe's drums a little. Tell us again how you came upon this again, you just found it? What does the CD look like? (is it something maybe from a record company or a burnt copy, etc)

tarkil

Drums do sound like Abe to me...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

isopure

Quote from: gunsrazorsknives on Jun 07, 2010, 03:19 PM
Does sound like Abe's drums a little. Tell us again how you came upon this again, you just found it? What does the CD look like? (is it something maybe from a record company or a burnt copy, etc)
CD, handwritten, sitting on a chair.  I'll post the other clips tonight sometime when I get home.  I can take a picture of the CD . Nothing fancy, just a blue memorex found in Sacramento, CA.

Inkblades

Out of curiosity, what was the concert for?

Vesanic

isopure

Inkblades

The singer in that's band high note is kind of close to the vocals in the clip. Who knows really, though.

isopure

Quote from: Inkblades on Jun 07, 2010, 05:23 PM
The singer in that's band high note is kind of close to the vocals in the clip. Who knows really, though.
There is no way, these guys were so bad, instruments sounded like crap.  Not the same, no way.  While I am not sure of anything else about these clips, I am sure its not these clowns.  On top of that their sound was a hillbilly rock, nothing like DT.

Inkblades