Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

TV Series

Started by black coffee, Feb 22, 2011, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

I recommend "Unsere Mutter, unsere Vater" if you're into war themed movies or tv-shows. Check it out:

Krigets unga hjärtan - Trailer

Eros TBA

Season One 'Vikings'

lostpilot

Arrested Development.
It's.. good.

blixa

just finished watching orange is the new black. i found the main characters unbelievably bland and uninteresting and all the side characters pretty amazing.

black coffee

Quote from: Eros TBA on Jan 28, 2014, 05:11 AM
just bought season one of 'Vikings' (on History)

loved it!! Second season beging next week, definitely looking forward to that.

Other stuff that I've been enjoying and watching lately-

Black Sails
True Detective ( of course )
Arrow

gonna start with the second season of House of Cards soon, also haven't watched the last few episodes of American Horror Story

then at last theres the guilty pleasures- not great shows, but theyre fun to watch

Almost Human
The Following

bright lights, big city

Agreed on some of those. I'm reeeeeally looking forward to new seasons of Vikings, Hannibal, and The Americans.

Some in-season shows other than True Detective I've been digging are:
Justified
Enlisted
Rick and Morty
Workaholics
Brooklyn 99
Archer
Shameless (this is my favorite season)
Helix (been surprisingly good)
Parks and Rec
Community
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

Trailer park boys season 8 is out on netflix this very moment. Go watch!

chick de la lynch

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Feb 19, 2014, 02:04 PM
Some in-season shows other than True Detective I've been digging are:

Rick and Morty

"Meeseeks and Destroy" is my favorite episode. I even have the shirt!

black coffee

been watching most of Rectifiy lately,only 4 episodes remaining of season two and I'd like to forget everything  about it to watch it again and again. Easily the best show I have seen in a long time, and I know I probably said the same about Fargo, True Detective and Ray Donovan as well but here its the truth ;)
Pretty much every character is interesting and I want to know more about them.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: black coffee on Oct 25, 2014, 05:32 AM
been watching most of Rectifiy lately,only 4 episodes remaining of season two and I'd like to forget everything  about it to watch it again and again. Easily the best show I have seen in a long time, and I know I probably said the same about Fargo, True Detective and Ray Donovan as well but here its the truth ;)
Pretty much every character is interesting and I want to know more about them.
<3 Amantha

Here's what I been keeping up with lately that I still like:
Boardwalk Empire
The Knick (find a way to DL this outstanding series)
AHS: Freak Show (so cheesy, but I still like it)
Walking Dead (finally been getting better (coincidentally they've added dudes from The Wire))
Homeland
Gotham
Sleepy Hollow
Brooklyn Nine Nine
The League
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Vesanic

Fucking Homeland, dude. Last week's episode ending made me freak out. Gonna watch yesterday's.

[spoiler]Hope they bring the A-game for the rest of the season and prove that Brody's dead didn't mean the end of the show quality.[/spoiler]

Crazylegs

This season isn't quite as gripping. I've been following all the way, but i think maybe they should have killed it after the first season, and just went out with a bang in the last episode. See what i did there?

Lately i've been catching up on a more interesting series (in my eyes), Broen. A Danish/Swedish crime-drama. Definitely the best scandinavian tv-series i've watched, that might not be saying much, but it's good as all fuck.

Vesanic

Oh I totally hear you, there has to be way more interesting stuff going on, I'm still following it mostly out of fandom. I'll give you there's a bit of grip missing, which is why I hope the next episodes will have more boom to get the balance right. The plot is smart and is not too hard to follow, but yeah it easily looks tamed in comparison to the previous seasons. That being said, like I mentioned, last week's episode was really good.

[spoiler]Carrie's mental struggles were remarkably produced. But then again, it took Brody to give it its extra sparkle...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]On a sidenote, Brody was supposed to die in the first season. They kept him because the channel asked them to. Wonder how it would have all gone.[/spoiler]

Vesanic

Also, True Detective. Yeah, amazing stuff to say the least. I'm pretty confident they'll keep bringing quality but I was a bit sad to hear each season would have different protagonists, stories, etc. The duet in this first season really got me.

bright lights, big city

First off, let me say we Americans (The Americans is an incredible show too!) already remade Broen into a series that recently got canceled after its 2nd season. It was very well done about the governments and cartels and cops from El Paso, TX and Juarez, Mexico. Love me some Diane Kruger. Obivously, I've never seen the Euro original, though I assume it is awesome.

Pumped for True Detective to say the least. It's got my confidence, even if it's near impossible to top season 1. Heard that Vince Vaughn is a bad guy in S2, and it's got Rachel McAdams and Colin Farrell who are usually solid.

With Homeland, it really is a love-hate experience personally. It's full of good performances, but Carrie just pisses me off most of the time, and I hate whenever she needs to be "in loved". It could've been an even greater show if Carrie/Brody were never an item. Interesting about Brody actually supposed to be dead in S1, and it doesn't surprise that a network would beg an actor to stick around and the writers to keep him around.

But I still did enjoy season 3 and for the most part this season has been good. Just want more Saul, Quinn, Farrah, and Dar Adal! And what the hell ever happened to Virgil?!
DERP

Vesanic

I know, right?! He was fucking neat in the first season, I don't get how Max is there but not Virgil, did something happen to him previously? I don't remember so much, sadly.

Just watched the last episode, and I liked it. Saul is one hell of a fucking character, he's been on point every season. Changes Mandy Patinkin from the Criminal Minds bullshit. Not to mention he looks infinitely more badass with all that facial hair in Homeland. No offense to Criminal Minds fans, but to me it's just another of those cop shows that try to look smart in a trendy, commercial fashion. That nerd character is fucking unbearable.

Back on topic, Carrie pisses me off as well, but for the most part, it's part of the character, so all you can do is respect the performance, even if we grunt. One flaw though,

[spoiler]it's pretty far-fetched how she's back at looking good, being focused and even rational ("there's never a right thing to do", blah). We didn't see her take her usual medication again. And antidepressants withdrawal NEVER looks so perfect, it actually never looks good, not so fast at least. And even if she's back on her meds, it still doesn't explain why she's so clean all of a sudden. Ah well.[/spoiler]

Let's hope for more Quinn indeed. Fattie lover, hah. Nazanin Boniadi is one hell of a beautiful gal.

black coffee

Quote from: Crazylegs on Nov 17, 2014, 01:11 PM
Definitely the best scandinavian tv-series i've watched

what about Lilyhammer? I am enjoying that a lot, almost done with season one. Aside from that I don't know a lot of Scandinavian television. Some movies maybe, all of them with Mads Mikkelsen.
Valhalla Rising, The Hunt (Jagten), Flame & Citron, great movies

on topic, I finished season two of Rectify. Especially the last episode raped my mind. DID HE DO IT OR NOT GOD DAMN IT

Crazylegs

Quote from: black coffee on Nov 17, 2014, 04:38 PM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Nov 17, 2014, 01:11 PM
Definitely the best scandinavian tv-series i've watched

what about Lilyhammer? I am enjoying that a lot, almost done with season one.

I tried watching the first few episodes, didn't quite do it for me. I love a good comedy show, and i love a good mafia-drama. The combination though, at least in this case, wasn't good enough to keep me watching.

Maybe if i stuck to it, i'd be hooked.

bright lights, big city

Nazanin Boniadi. Just wowzers. Just watched the newest Homeland, and holy shit. That was one intense episode. Lockhart being a boss too is nice to see.

If anyone is a Mads Mikkelsen fan, check out the Hannibal tv series. One of my favorites. I really enjoy his movies and whatever other Scandinavian movies I see. Really want to check out the original Broen now, if that's a favorite.
DERP

Crazylegs

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 17, 2014, 07:28 PM
Really want to check out the original Broen now, if that's a favorite.

It's GOOD