Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lahemi

My god, I'm pretty embarrassed, but I always pronounced the song Mein like the english word "mine" (I'm german, and it's the german word for it), but I just realised, after almost 9 years, that it isn't Mein, it is "me in". *facepalm*

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: lahemi on Jan 28, 2015, 05:44 AM
My god, I'm pretty embarrassed, but I always pronounced the song Mein like the english word "mine" (I'm german, and it's the german word for it), but I just realised, after almost 9 years, that it isn't Mein, it is "me in". *facepalm*

you are a duck smoking a cigarette, there are worse things to face palm about

tarkil

Me in ? Where did you see that ? I've been pronouncing it as "mine" forever as well..........

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

N0S3BLEED976

I'm not so sure about that. I think I read somewhere that the song title actually comes from the german word "mein", but I can't recall exactly where I stumbled upon that information

PS: Hi there fellow german Deftones fan  :)

Jesus2Chino

Lol, I've always pronounced it like, "main," as in chow mein.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

N0S3BLEED976

cvthedrv

Martin

N0S3BLEED976

better then chongo, lel. pls dont hate me

DeftonesNZ

haha so bad, still don't get why people feel the need to share this stuff publicly, sure have fun singing along at home but set yourself a certain level of quality for the stuff you put out to the public.

N0S3BLEED976

even better. the last bit where he screams is a highlight. pure gold

http://youtu.be/yrBnljac7kc

DeftonesNZ

Wow it fucks with my head to know there was a point where he sat and watched what he had just done and went "yup that's good", I play guitar and when I record stuff I don't just throw it on YouTube you kind of have to be honest with yourself and go that sounds like shit and keep working on your craft until you get to a point where you have something to proud of.

N0S3BLEED976

What bugs me is that some of his other stuff is actually fairly decent. There's a cover of Down In A Hole by Alice In Chains on his channel which is considerably less cringeworthy

Penicks

really creepy, the way he stares at the camera

rapist and/or serial killer right there

cvthedrv

yep he looks truly miserable, i feel identified with him.

no more deftones news apart of this?

nineteen

When he screams he reminds me of the guy in Total Recall (original).

beansandcornbread

Quote from: nineteen on Feb 07, 2015, 10:26 PM
When he screams he reminds me of the guy in Total Recall (original).

nineteen

haha right on, well the bad guy what was his name? Cohaagen when he's outside freaking out.

sing blue silver

ATF front to back this summer.

Vesanic