Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

gottsu

sooniletugo

Knucklestones

Noticed some differences in some of the songs in this. Early versions of songs from WP. Deftones "MTV's 1515"

kurtone

Chino says "you know what I mean?" a lot. Wish they'd re-use "Flint" as a song title.

xToxin

Hinojos

Anyone see the new Fast 7 movie? There is a part in it where the instrumental of "Tempest" played. I was like yessssss.
Sadly I looked up the soundtrack and it isn't on there. it seems like the Internet doesn't have a mention of the feature anywhere at the moment.

sooniletugo

Cool. Dunno if it was mentioned at the time, but the instrumental of Hole In The Earth is played briefly in This Is The End, that apocalypse comedy with James Franco, Jonah Hill, etc.

Inkblades

Penicks

pony_01

N0S3BLEED976

I actually like that ukulele cover. He has a nice voice and nailed the percussions on his ukelele

ANattyRat

I was just listening to Passenger, and wanted to ask (as someone who knows nothing about singing), what is it about the chorus of Passenger that makes it so difficult for Chino to sing? I mean, even when he's been good, he's always struggled with the chorus. Is there something particularly difficult about it?

Vesanic

Chino started singing the chorus of Passenger in 06, when a lot of his skills were already gone. The chorus of Passenger is hard to pull off even for Maynard, as you go down, then up, then down, etc. The highest notes are hard to reach especially with the rhythm of the chorus.

I always thought that chorus was one of the hardest things Maynard's even sung, and some Tool fans even agree. Remaining on key and hitting the high notes without cracking is definitely a challenge. You need stamina, diaphragm control and a good air capacity. Chino has none, he was never so much of a technical singer.

The only times Chino's ever performed that song pretty "decently" were on the 2009s tour I think, when he actually had a lot of stamina. It's far from perfect, but there's less dirt and struggle, a bit less at least.

Deftones - Passenger @ Portland, OR

DEFTONES - PASSENGER [Live from London Forum August 27th 2009]

"I'm your passengeeeer", he's crystal clear on that part and that rarely happened.

Raswid

astynk

is it true that Beware was actually recorded by team sleep but then was moved on to deftones for unknown reasons?

cvthedrv

Quote from: astynk on May 21, 2015, 09:58 PM
is it true that Beware was actually recorded by team sleep but then was moved on to deftones for unknown reasons?

thats not true, the only song that meant to be for ts was teenager.

but maybe im wrong.

Vesanic

One of the samples in the song was used in shows intros (I think) around the White Pony days, and I THINK it was part of a Team Sleep project, but don't take my word on it.

Knucklestones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUciagpS3io The outro was used as an intro here.