Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Penicks

from_musings

when the mexican asked abe if he is a pizza guy.... why did abe start to act like a robot?

Vesanic

Now people won't say Abe is fat, they'll say he's cultural.

Knucklestones

Anybody got any idea why my vinyl of S/T is a lot quieter compared to my vinyl of SNW?

sharinglungs

Quote from: Knucklestones on May 28, 2015, 12:21 AM
Anybody got any idea why my vinyl of S/T is a lot quieter compared to my vinyl of SNW?

the loudness war.

Knucklestones

Quote from: sharinglungs on May 28, 2015, 01:41 AM

the loudness war.
Ah. They're both original pressings and not represses.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Knucklestones on May 28, 2015, 02:49 AM
Quote from: sharinglungs on May 28, 2015, 01:41 AM

the loudness war.
Ah. They're both original pressings and not represses.

but both recorded years apart and mastered years apart.

N0S3BLEED976

illthrowROCKS@U

9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: from_musings on May 27, 2015, 07:48 PM
when the mexican asked abe if he is a pizza guy.... why did abe start to act like a robot?

Haha... cuz he's kind of an awkward weird guy, which is one of the reasons why I love him so much.  This isn't exactly his wheelhouse, and you can kind of tell that the others recognize that too.  Notice the other 3 are talking a lot more, while Abe is just chowing down.  When Abe says something, you can almost feel a "wtf?" vibe from the rest of them, especially the guy directly next to Abe.  It's almost as if that guy, and the others to a lesser extent, don't even want Abe there, and they're acting a little pretentious in a way.  But Abe, in his usual style, is just being himself.  He's not a connoisseur, or a head Chef or anything, he was just a line cook before he became famous (something I did for 10 years, so I know what it's like), and is co-owner of a new restaurant opening up in Sactown.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Lucky_Me

Guys, what do you think of this? I'm going to send a letter to Le Bataclan, so I can ask them whether I can volunteer for them at the Deftones shows in Paris. Since I'll be going to all three, I thought it'd be worth a try to get a little closer to the fire. :) I'm a communication/music business student, so who knows, a change of strategy might as well turn out to be quite... interesting. ;) I've got nothing to lose anyway.
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

Vesanic

Lucky_Me

I'm Dutch, but wherever my bands go, I go. ;) Train tickets are fairly cheap in here, so I tend to visit cities that are quite close to mine. I used to be fluent in French, so I'll be taking a summer course to freshen it up a bit. I go to Germany far more often to see my bands, so that's why I speak German pretty fluently as well. I'd travel up to 12 hours just to be there. If my bands are on tour, I want to be on tour as well. 8)

Lucky_Me

Excuse me for the spam, but I just sent a volunteer application to Köln Palladium as well. ;D Tomorrow, I will post my letter to Le Bataclan. I'm excited already. I just felt like sharing.

Does anyone perhaps know these venues?

buddyboy101

Quote from: Lucky_Me on Jun 12, 2015, 12:47 PM
Excuse me for the spam, but I just sent a volunteer application to Köln Palladium as well. ;D Tomorrow, I will post my letter to Le Bataclan. I'm excited already. I just felt like sharing.

Does anyone perhaps know these venues?

This might work.  But sometimes you just gotta show up.

Lucky_Me

That is so true, so that's my usual strategy. 8) I am always early and the night before the concert, I always tend to go to the venue and explore the setting. I'll try to talk to some people and make myself noticed and then I hope for the best. But this time, I wanted to try something different than just be there and look pretty. That still works, though. I am not exactly a model, but a little enthusiasm goes a long way, like that time when Sonny from P.O.D. blew me a kiss. :-* I'm looking forward to what will be happening on this tour. Good times, I suppose.  ;)

Knucklestones

Quote from: Lucky_Me on Jun 12, 2015, 05:20 PM
That is so true, so that's my usual strategy. 8) I am always early and the night before the concert, I always tend to go to the venue and explore the setting. I'll try to talk to some people and make myself noticed and then I hope for the best. But this time, I wanted to try something different than just be there and look pretty. That still works, though. I am not exactly a model, but a little enthusiasm goes a long way, like that time when Sonny from P.O.D. blew me a kiss. :-* I'm looking forward to what will be happening on this tour. Good times, I suppose.  ;)
I've met Sonny from POD :)

Vesanic

Let's be honest, your odds are infinitely bigger if you're a reasonably cute girl with some cleavage.

Lucky_Me

Yep. I am cute like a Disney Princess and I've got boobs that look like Tweedledee and Tweedledum when tucked into something tight with a V-neck. I've got a stunning smile, a waist that would make a wasp envious and I can fit a fist in my mouth as well. 8) Such a shame that I am a 'good' groupie, haha.