Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZND84

E-Money

Quote from: ZND84 on Oct 25, 2015, 01:11 AM
am I incorrect thinking I saw a video where the girls speaking in the beginning of when girls telephone boys was originally the beginning for needles and pins, I feel like I remember seeing a video of Abe listening to it in the car or something like that

Yea u are correct. I believe it's chino in the car tho..

ZND84

I was pretty bored so I typed out if I could pick two songs from each album of theirs to see them play live at one show, what would they be.

Like Linus- Plastic-Venison
Adrenaline- Bored-Lifter
ATF- Dai the Flu- MX
WP- Feiticeira-Korea
ST- Needles and Pins- When Girls Telephone Boys
SNW- Rapture-Beware
Diamond Eyes- Royal-Prince
KNY- Leathers-Gauze
B-Sides- Can't Even Breathe-Crenshaw Punch
Covers- The Chauffeur- Milk

Inkblades

90% sure I saw Steph leaving the Griffith Park Observatory in LA today as I was entering it. Didn't bother him though because I wasn't 100% and he was also with a lady friend.

illthrowROCKS@U

My 17 year old Nephew did this for Halloween...

He did this freehand.  He was going to do the roses too, but gave up since they were too difficult to do and he was tired after doing this.  Awesome nonetheless!

9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

therealdaebat

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Nov 06, 2015, 08:04 PM
My 17 year old Nephew did this for Halloween...

He did this freehand.  He was going to do the roses too, but gave up since they were too difficult to do and he was tired after doing this.  Awesome nonetheless!

That is fucking awesome.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Vesanic

I had to fb this. I credited your son and yourself.

DeftonesNZ

That's pumpkins pretty cool, plus that Deftones skull looks more accurate than most of the tattoo's I've seen lol

illthrowROCKS@U

He's a real artist, that guy. I could seem him being a tattoo artist one day. But anyway, he's my Nephew actually, not my son. My son is only 2 :P Although I do live with my Nephew and see him almost like a son.

Either way, glad to see you've all enjoyed it!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

E-Money

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 07, 2015, 10:38 AM
That's pumpkins pretty cool, plus that Deftones skull looks more accurate than most of the tattoo's I've seen lol

So true haha. I've seen some bad S/t tattoos lately on these deftones Facebook groups... Yikes.!

And that pumpkin is fantastic!

DeftonesNZ

Haha yeah that's where I've seen them too, some of them are honestly horrible like asymmetrical or weirdly proportioned, I haven't got any tattoo's yet but I know you shouldn't try save money when getting one.

Knucklestones

So I just received an S/T cassette in the mail today. I'm listening to it and realized that the endings of the songs have extended periods of silence. Does anybody else have the S/T cassette?

Knucklestones

Just noticed this and wanted to point it out on here, but there's a Deftones s/t thing in the background of this Smosh video. https://youtu.be/gaMVLFHM2E0?t=9m21s

Penicks

thank you internet celebrities for upping the value of my favorite album

defburn

Do you Watch "The following" , Change in season 1 , Tempest in season 2 and Rosemary in final season 3.
They used Deftones - I think someone in the music department is a fan because I'm pretty sure no other band had their song featured more than once, and Deftones had 3 songs during the shows run.

Hinojos

Quote from: defburn on Nov 21, 2015, 11:02 PM
Do you Watch "The following" , Change in season 1 , Tempest in season 2 and Rosemary in final season 3.
They used Deftones - I think someone in the music department is a fan because I'm pretty sure no other band had their song featured more than once, and Deftones had 3 songs during the shows run.

Yeah back when I tried the show out I was like "Wait..is this Change?!" Made that scene so much more intense for me haha. I reacted the same when the Tempest instrumental played in Fast 7, but it sucks that the song wasn't featured on the soundtrack.

Knucklestones

Speaking of s/t, this guy included Deftones as a style in this. Sounds like it's s/t based. https://youtu.be/ZgMAAzzQz7s?t=2m10s

Vesanic

That's straight up Hexagram, you mean.

Freedomsoldier17

i am thankful for the deftones...their music will always be timeless

kurtone

Winter merch is up in the merch store