Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cullision

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 27, 2016, 04:56 AM
Can we all just take a moment and remember this fine performance .. This is how a show should end http://youtu.be/c_N7WaOe9hQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's so interesting to hear Chino sing in a deep voice, I also like how he runs off before it gets crazy. Is this after KNY?

gwenudo

Quote from: Cullision on Apr 27, 2016, 06:44 AM
Can we all just take a moment and remember this fine performance .. This is how a show should end http://youtu.be/c_N7WaOe9hQ

It's so interesting to hear Chino sing in a deep voice, I also like how he runs off before it gets crazy. Is this after KNY?
I think so, this was in 2013 i think, album came out in 2012
Was it like it seemed?...

from_musings

It's so interesting to hear Chino sing in a deep voice

yeah the only time like this on an album must be "ghosts" on d.e covers

krook

Does Chino read sharinglungs? It's the largest Deftones community on the internet, I think he might even be a member here.
I hate White Pony.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: krook on Apr 29, 2016, 06:39 PM
Does Chino read sharinglungs? It's the largest Deftones community on the internet, I think he might even be a member here.

i doubt it...he's expressed how he doesn't like reading stuff online about the band. as for other DT members though...its possible

gwenudo

I keep having dreams of meeting up with deftones and calling out Frank for being Tokyodriftor and he fully admits to it... Is this a sign? Should i see the doctor? Or should i go to Franks house and call him out for being Tokyodriftor?

Was it like it seemed?...

Ashman

Deftones are like a fine wine.. they just keep getting better!
Here's an upcoming band from Aus that have some Deftones qualities to them.
Dream Architecture
https://youtu.be/O3ze6TPZiEI

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: Ashman on May 05, 2016, 04:31 AM
Deftones are like a fine wine.. they just keep getting better!
Here's an upcoming band from Aus that have some Deftones qualities to them.
Dream Architecture
https://youtu.be/O3ze6TPZiEI

It seems like rock is alive and well in Aus. I wish I could say the same thing over here in the states.

krook

Anybody know what those voices in Combat intro say?
I hate White Pony.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 27, 2016, 02:46 PM

I think so, this was in 2013 i think, album came out in 2012

I saw them when they toured with DEP in Sunrise, FL. It was in 2011, so before KNY. Unless they toured again later...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

shine down unshy

Speaking of DEP, I can't stop watching this shit and laughing.  The way he runs off stage at the end has me in tears.

Vesanic

Quote from: SMLiberator on Apr 26, 2016, 10:32 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 26, 2016, 08:13 PM
Someone with some photoshop skills needs to put those lips on his eyes..

you're welcome  :)

I think you just broke my soul

Martin

Might as well put it here; what's up with all the complaining? Not judging or anything, but geez...from my point of view, it's a bit too much.

pony_01

geraavl08

77years

Quote from: Martin on May 12, 2016, 09:31 PM
Might as well put it here; what's up with all the complaining? Not judging or anything, but geez...from my point of view, it's a bit too much.

I feel the same way. I used to lurk here, enjoyed reading stuff, love the band and it's music, but every single day it's whining and complaining about something, this song, that song, engineering and production things they don't know about, the artwork, his hair, their hair, my God it's ridiculous. Such a bummer to come on this website and read this stuff anymore.

I guess I'm complaining too, maybe that's about as good as it gets?  All I can say is there are seriously negative vibes around some people and they feel an urge to protect their own pet memories of something, whatever ...  Knock yourselves out but I've always been a fan since a very long time ago, will continue to be so, love Gore, think it's some of their best music. Guess I'm in the minority that I enjoy Deftones without nitpicking the shit out of everything.

kurtone

It happens every album release. "Long time lurker. Loved the band but this album sucks blah blah blah." I can't say too much though because I complain about the set list.

jaypayton

Quote from: 77years on May 24, 2016, 03:26 PM

I feel the same way. I used to lurk here, enjoyed reading stuff, love the band and it's music, but every single day it's whining and complaining about something, this song, that song, engineering and production things they don't know about, the artwork, his hair, their hair, my God it's ridiculous. Such a bummer to come on this website and read this stuff anymore.

I guess I'm complaining too, maybe that's about as good as it gets?  All I can say is there are seriously negative vibes around some people and they feel an urge to protect their own pet memories of something, whatever ...  Knock yourselves out but I've always been a fan since a very long time ago, will continue to be so, love Gore, think it's some of their best music. Guess I'm in the minority that I enjoy Deftones without nitpicking the shit out of everything.

you're dealing with a band on its last legs...probably what metallica fans went through in the late 90s. the new album is getting shit reception from most circles (outside the obsessives) the setlists are as boring and redundant as ever. the band is clearly bored and most people can pick up on that vibe

LG95

Quote from: jaypayton on May 24, 2016, 09:41 PM
Quote from: 77years on May 24, 2016, 03:26 PM

you're dealing with a band on its last legs...probably what metallica fans went through in the late 90s. the new album is getting shit reception from most circles (outside the obsessives) the setlists are as boring and redundant as ever. the band is clearly bored and most people can pick up on that vibe
It isn't, it just isn't.
I could float here forever

SMLiberator

Quote from: jaypayton on May 24, 2016, 09:41 PM[...] the new album is getting shit reception from most circles (outside the obsessives) [...]

Nope. Out of six close people I know that have listened to the record, I was probably the one that liked it the least (even though I really liked it). I was actually surprised by all the praise it got from my friends, most of which had either never really been into Deftones or never listened to them at all before.
i'm confused??