Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

age of Deftones fans

Started by One_Weak, Jun 18, 2011, 06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Hahaha Northcal for once you did a nice thread bump.

Martin

Hinojos

I'm 20, the first time I heard them was when I was about 8/9 years old when they played "Change" in the Dragonball Z movie Coolers Revenge lol.

I didn't ever bother looking them up until about this time last year when I rediscovered them, then I only started really listening to Change, Minerva, Lotion & Passenger.
Then I found out they were having a concert in Lubbock TX in May 2014, so I started skimming through all of their albums and ended up going to the concert.
When I got back that's when I started really listening to everything and looking up the lyrics to every song, looking on this website for rares, listening to Chino's side project bands and looking up any features anyone from the band has been on, etc.
I wish I had discovered them earlier but at least I'm really into them now haha.

cvthedrv

22 years old, fan since back to school came out, like 2001 or so, i had 8 or 9 years when deftones came to my country for the first time, and i was so young to go to their show, till the present day im sad of that, i hope to be able of dying like a deftones fan.

hockball26

33 years young.  Saw deftones first in 1996 when my cousin made me go to the Kiss reunion tour in Chicago and got me blazed for the first time as well.  Thought Chino was fucking crazy but blew me away...Kiss did not.  Saw them again later that year at the Rave in Milwaukee.  It was tough in 96 because most kids in Wisconsin thought they were gonna be part of fucking Death Row Records if they played Snoop, Dre and 2Pac enough times.  Once Around the Fur came out my friends started to understand what I was trying to tell them.

normsteez

30 years old. Been a fan since I seen them perform at the 2000 HFStival in Washington, DC by accident. Whats crazy is the show has become one of the most popular Deftones bootlegs.

Since then, I have seen them play some great shows, in particular the 930 club in 2003 when they debuted Self Titled material live for the 1st time.
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

buddyboy101

Quote from: normsteez on Oct 22, 2014, 01:52 AM
30 years old. Been a fan since I seen them perform at the 2000 HFStival in Washington, DC by accident. Whats crazy is the show has become one of the most popular Deftones bootlegs.

Since then, I have seen them play some great shows, in particular the 930 club in 2003 when they debuted Self Titled material live for the 1st time.

classic eras :)

gottsu

A little less than two months, I'm gonna turn 20. Been a fan since July 2011 (since then I grow my hair like Chi)

wheresmysnare

Last time I posted on this thread i was 27 - guess how old I am now, winner gets a signed B&W nude press shot of me.

I want it in a graphite/obsidian frame signed by honey boo boo's mammy's neck with a brown crayon dipped in nutella

and I'm 50

Jesus2Chino

Lol, even the poll results are flipping us off.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Shadow46/2

Quote from: 82 on Oct 30, 2014, 05:47 AM

I want it in a graphite/obsidian frame signed by honey boo boo's mammy's neck with a brown crayon dipped in nutella

and I'm 50

10/10

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

nicklav

and I'm 50

Hahahaha

wheresmysnare

and I'm 50

im actually 30 now but luckily i have one of those that's just collecting dust, it's the post today, hope the nutella finds you well

Bifrost

I'm 32... been listening to the tones since WP came out. I'm OG son...  8)

(well not that OG I guess.. some of yall go back to Adrenaline days... )

Bifrost

Quote from: glassjawed on Jun 20, 2011, 10:06 PM
Happy their Weinhouse phase is over. I remember the years where you weren't sure if you were going to get a coherent show or a drunk fest.

LOL thats the truth!

Chino should use those pedal/box effects on his throat when they go back on tour like he did during some of those 03 shows

those made a impact on old or new songs

justice keepers

Alectwin

N0S3BLEED976

black coffee

what do you mean, why shouldn't he/ she be 32?