Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

age of Deftones fans

Started by One_Weak, Jun 18, 2011, 03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: black coffee on Nov 17, 2014, 04:44 PM
what do you mean, why shouldn't he/ she be 32?

I know, I know. I used the meme wrong. Nevermind, I was drunk anyqay. I don't doubt his or her age. I was rather pointing out how everyone else usually gave some kind of background on how they became a fan and which song or album convinced them , while he/she simply gave us his/her age. Boring.

black coffee

Sometimes you got to look out for the funny bits. Like when people write stuff like"I'm 20 years old and a fan since 2003" . I find that very funny.

BS3

I read the board once in a while, but have never felt compelled to register until I saw this thread. Holy christ does this make me feel old. Im glad the music has translated to a new generation of fans.

Im 38.. Adrenaline came out my senior year of high school. I bought it on tape so i could play it in my car. The first time I saw them was in '96 in a club that doesnt even exist anymore, and cant wait to see them again this summer. Wont be the first time I had to suffer through an Incubus set to see them play.

Anyway.. all you youngsters have fun this summer and catch as many shows as possible. It never gets old.

lxix

I'm 34.

Been a fan since WP era.

I was heavily into rap before, until I stumbled across Chino's singing style during the chorus of Back to School, on TV.

It amazed me at first; I hadn't heard anyone sing in that way before. After that, I searched through their catalogue of songs, and was hooked.

Knucklestones

Quote from: black coffee on Nov 18, 2014, 01:00 PM
Sometimes you got to look out for the funny bits. Like when people write stuff like"I'm 20 years old and a fan since 2003" . I find that very funny.
I'm only 19 and first heard them about then. I was a kid and heard Minerva and started listening to them after that.

defTHE1s

I'm 28 and the first song I heard was My Own Summer circa 99-00 in the Matrix OST. Got really hoocked by the music though I didn't understand the lyrics at all, but went through their catalogue by 2000-2001 when WP singles were aired on TV (mostly BTS), then, I started to get songs, bootlegs, or rarities little by little and when S/T was about to be released I was now waiting as a fan to the new material, Minerva was the song that made worth the wait, that's why S/T is my fave album, the first one I expected now as a fan.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

hi man

25 joined the board right before the release of self titled. Been a fan since white pony in 5th grade hah

iceeslunk

so i, like one of the previous posters, saw this thread and decided to make an account as well...
im 33, been a fan since adrenaline..god those first two albums take me back to a special time and place...
i remember seeing them for the first time after adrenaline but pre-around the fur if i remember correctly...
chino had already cut his dreads and i believe limp bizkit opened for them (boo) but it was a HELL of a show...

oh and also, it was at the alrosa villa (sadly the same venue where dimebag darrell & others were murdered years later) annnd there was an argument after the show, someone(s) in the deftones were trying to buy yayo from a dealer i knew and the tour manager was arguing with him because supposedly cocaine + deftones made the tour managers life a living hell, lolol...figured some of you might find that funny/ interesting :)

def-arg2

Such a long time posted since my original post here that I had to vote again. I think I was 21 or so, and now I'm 27.

Freedomsoldier17

first heard them 10 years ago, really dove into all of their music 3 years ago. they are probably my favorite band of my high school days

2MoreHours

I'm 37.  I've been a Deftones fan since Around The Fur.  I will probably always be a fan but the last album that I thought was really good was Saturday Night Wrist.  The albums after that are all ok but don't hold a special place in my heart.  I'm hoping the the next album will create a new spark.

Capt Snow

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Sep 16, 2015, 06:28 PM
I'm 37.  I've been a Deftones fan since Around The Fur.  I will probably always be a fan but the last album that I thought was really good was Saturday Night Wrist.  The albums after that are all ok but don't hold a special place in my heart.  I'm hoping the the next album will create a new spark.

For someone with Jon Davis as his avatar, you speak a lot of truth..

xbloodycape

I'm 16.

Pales in comparison to some of you, but I've been a fan since Diamond Eyes. Yes, I listen to their whole discog now and own every album.

And I can play Stephen's guitar parts on every album, even the 7 and 8 string shit on DE and KNY.

Gaz

I'm 31, been a fan since ATF, and still love the band to this day

Northcal

Penicks

you sound like you're twelve

Northcal