Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

theis

theis

IT LEEEEAAAAKKEEDD...

Crazylegs

oh shit! Have you checked it out?

theis

It's been on repeat. Listened about 6 times now. I absolutely love it.

The short (40 min) runtime makes for a more focused album, while still maintaining the intensity of Neurosis' sound.

This is probably my favorite Neurosis album since Times of Grace.

Crazylegs

Holy fuck, don't get my hopes up too high.

theis

Haha! I hope you'll dig it.

I didn't LOVE the last couple Neurosis albums and they took quite a few spins for me to get into them.

With 'Fires within Fires', it was instant gratification (just as when I listened to Times of Grace for the first time.)

Report back when you have checked it out :)

Crazylegs

I've had the album on repeat through the weekend. They've done it again. It's solid as always. I don't think i would go so far as to say it's their best since times of grace, but it's  hard to determine where it would fit on a list. Everything they've done from Through Silver in Blood up until now is basically perfect in my opinion. Maybe Times of Grace, A Sun that Never Sets, and The Eye of Every Storm being the perfectest.

theis

Glad you dig it!

Through Silver In Blood will always be my favorite... and just one of my favorite albums ever in general.

BewareTheWater

Recently found out about these guys. Amazing stuff.

Crazylegs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP-ocZqX_FA

Fuck, is this one ever good? At 4:10, "Inside are pictures of the future war OUTSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!". That shit never fails to give me goosbumps.