Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

The 2016 section on DeftonesLive is up to date

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrVesanique/playlists?shelf_id=19&view=50&sort=dd

The whole Pompano Beach show is available.

Vesanic

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 14, 2016, 01:16 PM
Quote from: LG95 on May 14, 2016, 11:39 AM
I keep convincing myself that one of these days they'll play Pink Maggit.

Don't know why I do it to myself.

They might. They played Riviere, they played WHTY, why not Pink Maggit? One day. Basically, they'll play any song that isn't from their latest album. Thanks Deftones!

Good point. They never played This Place Is Death again after the Dallas gig though. But at this point I'm convinced there's a reason as to why Pink Maggit never came back (it was actually played on the very first two shows of the White Pony tour, two nights in a row (May 24 & 25) at the Phoenix Theater in Petaluma - as an encore too!). Sound wise, it is absolutely huge, and regardless of their personal taste, Stef and Chino both know this. I'm wondering if it's not one of these dark songs they don't want to play?

Frankz0r

So here's another of my videos from last night, Chino doing verses of Meek Mill's "Believe It":

https://youtu.be/VKW26mKl1aY

Really short but it's worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sooniletugo

I believe in Pink Maggit being played someday.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Vesanic on May 14, 2016, 11:12 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on May 14, 2016, 01:16 PM
Quote from: LG95 on May 14, 2016, 11:39 AM
I keep convincing myself that one of these days they'll play Pink Maggit.

Don't know why I do it to myself.

They might. They played Riviere, they played WHTY, why not Pink Maggit? One day. Basically, they'll play any song that isn't from their latest album. Thanks Deftones!

Good point. They never played This Place Is Death again after the Dallas gig though. But at this point I'm convinced there's a reason as to why Pink Maggit never came back (it was actually played on the very first two shows of the White Pony tour, two nights in a row (May 24 & 25) at the Phoenix Theater in Petaluma - as an encore too!). Sound wise, it is absolutely huge, and regardless of their personal taste, Stef and Chino both know this. I'm wondering if it's not one of these dark songs they don't want to play?

Might be, but that doesn't rule it out. When I saw them last time, they played actually quite a few songs from SNW. Might have been two shows though, not just one, but they played Riviere, Cherry Waves, Kimdracula and Hole in the Earth. Songs from an album Chino/the rest of the band hate revisiting. If they can do that, they can play Pink Maggit, I'm sure.

I feel like the reason has more to do with them having a large number of songs, and sadly mostly sticking to the 'hits' and classics. I'm surprised they're playing WHTY considering the vocals in the chorus, but I'm quite sure they will never play This Place Is Death or 976-EVIL live again. Too hard to pull off.

I can't talk about this without being sad that they're only playing two songs from Gore and still playing songs they've been playing in every single show since Diamond Eyes was released. If anyone meets them before a show, please politely explain to them how silly that is.

deftfan

Deftones live at House of Blues - Lake Buena Vista, FL (May 14, 2016)

Setlist:
1. Rocket Skates
2. My Own Summer (Shove It)
3. Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
4. MX
5. Swerve City
6. Rosemary
7. Diamond Eyes
8. You've Seen the Butcher
9. Prince
10. Prayers/Triangles
11. Digital Bath
12. Knife Prty
13. Change (In the House of Flies)
14. What Happened to You?
15. Around the Fur
16. Rickets
17. Rubicon
Encore
18. Root
19. Engine No. 9

arsenalfc

I have to say Rickets sounds pretty awesome

sooniletugo

Happy with Rubicon being the set closer, hope they keep it for every show including festivals so I can experience it next month :D

ANattyRat

I just want there to be more Gore songs so that every other album (minus self-titled and SNW) doesn't have more songs on the setlist than Gore. But hey, MX and WHTY, I'll be happy with that.

jt

Video from the May 17th show @ St. Augustine Amphitheatre. The band is sounding great despite the mostly predictable setlist. (As others have said: MX, Prince, What Happened to You? are welcome additions, but I'm really hoping for a few more changes come the summer tour.)

! No longer available

Loving those lower screams in Prince (~28:25 and 29:50) and the bit of Black Sabbath in Around the Fur (53:18).

Postscript: Long time lurker, blah blah, blah.

HooiserBowhunter

sooniletugo

That's the first time I've heard Chino play live the Rosemary intro that's on the album.

Awesome upload, thanks a bunch.

jt

Can only take credit for finding it and posting it here, upload credit goes to Cameron Nunez, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7nCTavKLWUbUVBbZ4zX2g.

LG95

Quote from: jt on May 25, 2016, 11:19 PM
Can only take credit for finding it and posting it here, upload credit goes to Cameron Nunez, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7nCTavKLWUbUVBbZ4zX2g.
That honestly sounds fucking amazing.
I could float here forever

Inkblades

It's amazing how pristine Chino's voice can still sound this deep into his career. Love the notes he's hitting on MX. I need this quality of singing on the new Team Sleep album in my life like yesterday.

LG95

It also puts paid to the claim people make after a mediocre vocal performance that "he's blown his voice out" or anything along those lines. It's such a daft excuse when you then hear him sound great like he does there. He doesn't have the same vocal energy/stamina to 'cover up' laziness/lack of concentration like he did when he was younger but when he's on form he's still sounds outrageously good.
I could float here forever

N0S3BLEED976

Prince is such a banger live.

Here comes the fun, here comes the end!

sooniletugo

At first I'm like "what the fuck, bringing back another Diamond Eyes song instead of a Gore song?" but then I remember it's still a pretty badass song.

Vesanic

sooniletugo

Chino put a little kid on his shoulders during Rickets. Really cool.

http://youtu.be/FWBJ-BpjALY