Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rufas

They are fucking killing Kimdracula. Hope it's still on the setlist when they hit Japan

people are people

Yup, I am satisfied with Kimdracula on the setlist and worked very well as the first sign that things were about to get interesting. Kimdracula 4ever A+
It's already settled. Top notch.

patrick

I really like what they are doing with the set list.  Changing just a few songs a night is refreshing.  Hopefully they never go back to  the monotony of the last tour.  My faith has been restored.  I will be at Riot Fest Chicago.

vool421

Was at the San Diego show last night. Awesome show. I've seen them 13 times now and Chino talked to the San Diego crowd a lot. Never seen that of him before. The only thing that i didn't liked about the show was that they didn't played Rickets after Around The Fur.

Kimdracula was definitely my favorite part of the show.

deftfan

Deftones full performance at SDSU Open Air Theater in San Diego, CA (August 29, 2016)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCgSFPRFs_k

vool421

ANattyRat

I think if they're going to play Phantom Bride, it'll be at their next show. They've got a bit of a break now, time enough to rehearse it. I mean, they might never play it, but Chino said he was looking forward to playing it and figuring out how to make it work for them, so yeah. Hopefully they will, but hey, maybe they'll surprise us with Pittura Infamante and/or Xenon too, since they've been taking their turns playing different Gore songs. But most likely it'll just be these ones.

I wonder what Gore songs will become the staples in the setlist once the album is older and it's no longer about touring the new album. I remember Stef saying the reason they weren't playing a lot of Gore songs (back before they switched it up) was because they didn't have time to rehearse them, whereas the older songs they already know. Maybe because they've practiced most of the album, they'll be able to switch it up with those songs more often so the setlists don't get as stale as they have been.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 07, 2016, 10:12 PM
I think if they're going to play Phantom Bride, it'll be at their next show. They've got a bit of a break now, time enough to rehearse it. I mean, they might never play it, but Chino said he was looking forward to playing it and figuring out how to make it work for them, so yeah. Hopefully they will, but hey, maybe they'll surprise us with Pittura Infamante and/or Xenon too, since they've been taking their turns playing different Gore songs. But most likely it'll just be these ones.

I wonder what Gore songs will become the staples in the setlist once the album is older and it's no longer about touring the new album. I remember Stef saying the reason they weren't playing a lot of Gore songs (back before they switched it up) was because they didn't have time to rehearse them, whereas the older songs they already know. Maybe because they've practiced most of the album, they'll be able to switch it up with those songs more often so the setlists don't get as stale as they have been.

As long as Acid Hologram stays I'm good.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

deftfan

ZND84

i really want to hear Rapture played live again, i love that song.i think it's been a while for that one, but the new setlists are awesome.

Lucas_Moreno

Someone, please, where are all the live footage of S/T album (like Battle Axe, Bloody Cape, Needles and Pins)? Somewhere into 2003 they've played but in Youtube the quality is poor.
Also, looks like Chino and/or Deftones don't want to spread more videos of them (Besides, they don't play it anymore).

Thanks

ANattyRat

Just search on YouTube, the quality is what it is. They've played some ST songs more recently, but not a lot.

Anyway, the reason they don't play a lot of ST/SNW songs is because they were the dark days of the band and they don't really like revisiting it. Or like Chino said in a recent interview, he doesn't connect as well to the songs and isn't as excited about playing them as he is about other songs.

Vesanic

Quote from: Lucas_Moreno on Sep 13, 2016, 03:54 PM
Someone, please, where are all the live footage of S/T album (like Battle Axe, Bloody Cape, Needles and Pins)? Somewhere into 2003 they've played but in Youtube the quality is poor.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrVesanique/search?query=2003

Quality is what it is, you most likely won't find better sources though. If you're looking for Moana, search "2004".

Quote from: Lucas_Moreno on Sep 13, 2016, 03:54 PMAlso, looks like Chino and/or Deftones don't want to spread more videos of them

What do you mean?

Penicks

yo vesanic why did you stop updating, so many gems on that channel

Lucas_Moreno

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 13, 2016, 10:45 PM
Quote from: Lucas_Moreno on Sep 13, 2016, 03:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrVesanique/search?query=2003

Quality is what it is, you most likely won't find better sources though. If you're looking for Moana, search "2004".

Quote from: Lucas_Moreno on Sep 13, 2016, 03:54 PMAlso, looks like Chino and/or Deftones don't want to spread more videos of them

What do you mean?

I mean something like this ("Battle-Axe" live video):

Vesanic

That was me man, and Nuno's the webmaster of sharinglungs. Deftoneslive isn't managed by the band.

@penicks: long story short, I got bored. Also probably grilled some brains doing that shit over and over.

Lucas_Moreno

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 15, 2016, 02:39 AM
That was me man, and Nuno's the webmaster of sharinglungs. Deftoneslive isn't managed by the band.

@penicks: long story short, I got bored. Also probably grilled some brains doing that shit over and over.

I knew Deftoneslive wasn't managed by the band.
I'm just wondering why Nuno didn't want the video to spread.
Well...

Penicks

because there's a very annoying trading community going on with people hoarding rare stuff in order to trade it with other rare hoarded stuff

Vesanic

That's true, but I guess it's the sentimental value of the recording. Some tapers are like that, but I wouldn't blame Nuno. He made fucking Deftonesworld. Besides, it's been a while, he probably doesn't care so much anymore.

LG95

If Deftones don't want more videos spread of them they're doing a pretty bad job of it.
I could float here forever