Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Singer-Songwriter/Folk

Started by Crazylegs, Feb 07, 2014, 02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Is there such a thread already? I couldn't find one. Talk about singer/songwriters or folk artists in here.

The new Sun Kil Moon album is pretty awesome! Truck Driver

bewareofrats

Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Crazylegs

Nice, i like the ben howard tune and the first one from civil wars.

Crazylegs

theis

Crazylegs

blixa

i love angel olsen. noticed her when she started playing with will oldham. the most gorgeous voice and the lyrics...good lord!

do you like damien jurado? i'm seeing him in september. his first time to australia.

Crazylegs

Quote from: blixa on Jul 14, 2014, 10:07 AM
i love angel olsen. noticed her when she started playing with will oldham. the most gorgeous voice and the lyrics...good lord!

do you like damien jurado? i'm seeing him in september. his first time to australia.

I've only heard a few songs of his, never really sat down with an album. Maybe i should.

blixa

you really should. every time someone asks me what song to check out i always say 'ohio'. i don't know why. i just think it's fucking beautiful. youtube a few songs and see what you think.

theis

I don't like Cohen's newer stuff, but his old stuff is great.

This song, in particular:

Famous Blue Raincoat - Leonard Cohen

The whole album "Songs of Love and Hate" is brilliant.

Crazylegs

That's a great tune. My favorite of his is "Seems so long ago, Nancy". He's one of these guys i've listened to from time to time, and i really enjoy it, but for some reason i've never been totally absorbed by his music, like i was with Neil Young or Nick Drake for example.

Crazylegs

godin

Just been rocking way too much Sun Kil Moon & Red House Painters lately. I have no idea how I have not heard of Mark's work all of these years!
Dingus.

Crazylegs

Crazylegs

On the beach is in my top 10 albums ever, man. Quite possibly top 5, hard to say.

Never heard Michael Hurley before, gonna find some more of his stuff for sure.

Crazylegs

Anyone familiar with (Sandy) Alex G? He popped up in my discover playlist on spotify the other day. Loving what i've heard so far!

! No longer available

! No longer available

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"