Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep

Started by luisch, Feb 13, 2014, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pony_01

aaight thank you so much appreciate the effort bro

Sunspots

Thx for upload some live shows.
Does anybody have live at the glasshouse in pomona?

Sash73

Thanks for sharing everyone. Besides the Pomona show...could someone upload a copy of the 10-song CD of the old songs...
It would be great to have an official copy of "No" and the other songs. Better quality that web rips from long ago...  :)

Vesanic

Only Natalie Portman and Solid Gold from the Pomona show are out there. If a full version exists, it's never surfaced.

gottsu

OK, here is my remastered a bit version of recording that Ink taped.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/3l7xt8

https://www.mediafire.com/?j36q6bcbxsnqdv1

The tracks are arranged in following order:

Formant (Instrumental),
Oak Park (Instrumental),
Blvd Nights,
Princeton Review,
New Guitar,
Staring at the Queen,
Spanish (Instrumental),
Death By Plane,
Bossa (Instrumental),
Natalie Portman,
Untitled,
Dreamland (jam),
No,
Ever

Don't know if this order is correct, if isn't - feel free to post me, and enjoy!

Sash73

Big thanks for this...Appreciate the time & effort that went into it !  ;D

Freedomsoldier17

I hope they release a studio version of New Guitar

Quote from: gottsu on Oct 25, 2014, 03:49 PM
OK, here is my remastered a bit version of recording that Ink taped.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/3l7xt8

https://www.mediafire.com/?j36q6bcbxsnqdv1

The tracks are arranged in following order:

Formant (Instrumental),
Oak Park (Instrumental),
Blvd Nights,
Princeton Review,
New Guitar,
Staring at the Queen,
Spanish (Instrumental),
Death By Plane,
Bossa (Instrumental),
Natalie Portman,
Untitled,
Dreamland (jam),
No,
Ever

Don't know if this order is correct, if isn't - feel free to post me, and enjoy!

thank you!

age has done this band righteous

gottsu

Glad you are enjoying my remaster  8) 8)

Is the song order correct?  ;)

I have also .wav version of my remaster, If somebody would want this, just post me :)

fortysixand2

Thanks to everyone for the pics and audio. "No" sounds like it's going to be amazing!

What's the status on the CD that was given out? I'm curious to hear this.

About the setlist, I was under the impression it went like this:
Dreamland
No
Ever (Foreign Flag)
Your Skull Is Red
Formant
Oak Park
Blvd. Nights
Princeton Review
New Guitar
Staring at the Queen
Spanish
Death by Plane
Bossa
Natalie Portman

Not sure about the "Unknown" song.
And was "Your Skull is Red" even played? Or just not recorded? I didn't hear it. Maybe I missed it?

Cullision

They played skull twice actually, they redid the first 3 songs at the end.

E-Money

gottsu thanks so much!  really appreciate it! 

Deadradio

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Sep 24, 2014, 03:19 PM

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Sep 23, 2014, 02:51 PM
New Improv by Todd, man he has a beautiful playing style  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vo2LevFk2Q&list=UUIeEG2BEa_3X9s_FKdZQK5g

Wow, loved how he incorporated the sliding along the strings into the tune. Very moody. Can't wait to see what Todd's been working on. His unique style has been missed.

I would love to know his gear set up.

elite54

Team Sleep via Facebook:

We've been on a bit of an Internet hiatus since the Woodstock Sessions event, but it's time to give some shout outs.
First of all, to everyone who came to see us perform. We know that many of you came from great distances and we're honored to have had the chance to hang with you and play for you. Thank you so much!
Also, Mike Boom, Chris Bittner, Kevin Salem and team, you guys have put together a great studio and series of events. The Woodstock Sessions are a really unique idea. Everything was expertly managed, from the food, to the thing with the ambulance, and of course the bad ass recording. We're glad to work with you and have you as friends.
Emma Van Duyts rules all. Forever.
Lastly, the fuckin man, Gil Sharone. Last minute assassin, and all around . . . assassin. If you were there, you know that Gil stole the show. We're excited to move forward with you killing it!
We've got a little work to do on the live stuff, but it'll be out in a few months. The studio record is coming along nicely.
Thanks again to everyone involved.

really excited for this era

Bifrost

Quote from: Deadradio on Oct 28, 2014, 08:45 PM

New Improv by Todd, man he has a beautiful playing style  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vo2LevFk2Q&list=UUIeEG2BEa_3X9s_FKdZQK5g

Wow, loved how he incorporated the sliding along the strings into the tune. Very moody. Can't wait to see what Todd's been working on. His unique style has been missed.

It seems pretty simple, he is playing a Fender Jaguar (which seems to be the trendy guitar these days, gotta admit I like them myself) and a Vox AC 30 it looks like... on some of his youtube vids I think I saw a Fender Twin reverb too , and probably a couple of stompboxes... the simpler the set up the better for those nice clean tones.

Deadradio

Quote from: Bifrost on Oct 31, 2014, 06:30 PM
Quote from: Deadradio on Oct 28, 2014, 08:45 PM

It seems pretty simple, he is playing a Fender Jaguar (which seems to be the trendy guitar these days, gotta admit I like them myself) and a Vox AC 30 it looks like... on some of his youtube vids I think I saw a Fender Twin reverb too , and probably a couple of stompboxes... the simpler the set up the better for those nice clean tones.

Yeah, I have a Twin Reverb and a TeleDeluxe, but that tone is so nice and clean.

DeftonesNZ

he has a line6 pod in his setup aswell

Cullision

I hung out outside with people long after the event ended, and they had a fire set up we all circled around. Todd was the first to come out and we all talked with him for a good while and eventually Chino came out.

They told a lot of old stories and just chatted music with us for a solid hour or so. On top of this I actually befriended the owner of the studio and he brought me into the studio after everyone had left because I came from such a long distance.

I got a picture with everyone in the studio and I got to just sit there and hang out. They were going over the live performance and pointing out the little mistakes that were made. It sounded amazing overall though. Chino and the guys were just having fun, doing Jamaican accents and Michael macdonald impressions. I've got a great video of one.

Out of nowhere Chino decides he wants to lay down vocals for one of the new team sleep songs. Everyone thought he was joking because it was like 1 am at this point and he had been drinking a bit. He went in and did it and sounded pretty much perfect. I took a couple small videos of this.

After they played back what he did a few times he said he wanted more voices on the chorus so he literally got everyone who was in the studio to come in, including myself, to sing the chorus with him. There were six or seven of us and he wanted us to harmonize. We did it a few times and he said he wanted to get each person individually. Gil actually laughed and said that was like asking us to pull our pants down, and a few people were to nervous to do it. I knew that I had to, my knees were actually shaking but I think I did decently because Chino said "that was dope".

I took video and a picture of another person going just to show the situation. I couldn't believe it actually was happening. I'm certain Chino was just having fun with us and the actual song won't keep all the voices, but it was amazing nonetheless.

So around 2:30 am Chino was saying he had to catch his plane in a couple hours and after listening to some more of the live performance we all left the studio. Gil gave me the drumsticks he used in the performance that night before he left. I can't even describe how surreal it all was.

Anyway a few pieces of info that should interest sharing lungs.

Chino said the new Deftones album is not going to be produced by Nick and unfortunately it isn't Terry Date either. He said the name but I can't remember it. He also explained the whole record store day live recordings releases thing. He said they want to do around the fur, but that they are having a hard time getting material from that era. He said it had to do with it being the time when people were switching from vhs to dvd, tape to cd, etc. All of the places he's contacted just don't have the material he wants. He also said that soon he is going to do a cover of the Madonna song "crazy for you", because the show "stalker" asked him to.

deftjess

Wow cool story.So no Terry Date hmmm, i wonder who producing the next album then