Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones - Smile (Eros)

Started by Inkblades, Apr 13, 2014, 10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northcal

Once again,Terry Date please report to deftones you're chair is waiting for you!!! :'(

defburn

Very emotional song , i love it !!!!!

ashesofnothing

Hey guys, long time lurker. I remastered "Smile" cause I think the original mix sounds too... umm, flat? Probably just a rough mix, anyway.

https://mega.co.nz/#!SU0jTbaR!-8k_Pw29gJbFsFTo4qM6bitHSdcbdBLA_pzX6jsKzd8

pony_01

this song definitely a fast grower (lol) i cannot stop listening to this. maybe in next three months

Romain

Quote from: Heisenberg on Apr 18, 2014, 04:35 AM
Wonder what Vesanic would think

I'm still around.  8)

I posted my opinion a few pages back.

mono

Quote from: ashesofnothing on Apr 19, 2014, 11:09 AM
Hey guys, long time lurker. I remastered "Smile" cause I think the original mix sounds too... umm, flat? Probably just a rough mix, anyway.

Downloading, thanks a lot!

Sunbath

Loving this here!

In general I don't think it's THAT much of a Terry vs. Nick -thing. There's a completely different person in a band and particulalry in bass which is as crucial element as guitar is to rock music. What I mean is that the vibe that yall (and sometimes me too) miss is more about Chi than Terry or Nick.

nicklav

Quote from: Sunbath on Apr 19, 2014, 10:51 PM
Loving this here!

In general I don't think it's THAT much of a Terry vs. Nick -thing. There's a completely different person in a band and particulalry in bass which is as crucial element as guitar is to rock music. What I mean is that the vibe that yall (and sometimes me too) miss is more about Chi than Terry or Nick.

That's a good point.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Sunbath on Apr 19, 2014, 10:51 PM
Loving this here!

The vibe is most certainly a Chi vs. Sergio thing but the way all the elements are recorded and mixed is a Terry vs. Nick issue. To me the guitars and drums sound vastly different in the way they're recorded between Terry and Nick. Terry made the band sound huge and Nick makes them sound more etherial. That said, I absolutely hate the way Nick records drums.

buddyboy101

Nice, sounds better!  Also, dig the artwork.  But why not share via dropbox instead of ad-ridden mega?

Slacker

Quote from: illmono on Apr 19, 2014, 07:02 PM

Downloading, thanks a lot!

good work buddy. appreciated!.

shoop

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Apr 20, 2014, 12:38 AM

Nice, sounds better!  Also, dig the artwork.  But why not share via dropbox instead of ad-ridden mega?
Just use ad-block..

bewareofrats

I like the song quite a bit.  It makes me really miss pre-Diamond Eyes Deftones even though parts sound a bit like the newer vocals.  Some of the lyrics are really strange if they are from the time they wrote Eros, but I am leaning towards the vocals not being recent. 

Whatever the case, and maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it makes me hopeful for a possibly near future Eros release.  I know it's supposedly a tribute to Chi and very well it is in part, but Chino and co. also know how hyped this album is and I'm sure how much of a tease just one song would be.  Plus more recent interviews making its release sound promising.  I just think it's very possible that this random song is an indication/hint of a near future Eros release.  Or maybe they just want to keep building the hype/mystery.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have this one song from Eros, but obviously anyone wants the whole thing, and Deftones know it.  Maybe like someone said, they will just keep occasionally releasing a song at a time.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

wheresmysnare

I think it's a good song, it's still far more accessible and I suppose generic than white pony but I think it's an improvement on SNW and a bit darker than DE/ KNY.

I would rate this a smooth 8 out of 10

Northcal

Can y'all imagine how tight I would be if b sides and rarities 2 was Eros with a DVD of  all  their videos from 2006-2013!!

Slacker

Quote from: Northcal on Apr 20, 2014, 04:46 PM
Can y'all imagine how tight I would be if b sides and rarities 2 was Eros with a DVD of  all  their videos from 2006-2013!!

well it wouldnt be "bsides" you know...

as it is a full lenght...

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: Slacker on Apr 20, 2014, 08:47 PM
Quote from: Northcal on Apr 20, 2014, 04:46 PM

well it wouldnt be "bsides" you know...

as it is a full lenght...

Well, maybe there's some extra material from Eros that they won't plan to put on the final product, thus b-sides(such as the beauty-school like intro)

superdeftoneslove

x

Penicks

Quote from: superdeftoneslove on Apr 21, 2014, 01:21 AM
Obsessed with the song! Check out my covers Love everything Deftones soundcloud.com/soundslikeohyes

absolutely horrible

i clicked on the swerve city one and it made me sick to my fucking stomach, this is nightmare fuel

curse you

superdeftoneslove

x