Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones festival?

Started by Northcal, Aug 20, 2014, 05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northcal

With so many bands having their own festival's how would y'all feel about the tones having one?Also what bands would you wanna see? 8)

Penicks

korn, limp bizkit, papa roach and linkin park

Lucky_Me

I'd like to see them, though I don't like seeing them at regular festivals. I'm not sure with which bands they'd combine, but how about a festival with them and their other bands/side projects? Could be exhausting for them, but it sure would be fun for us.  :)

@Penicks: GOD, YES! That would be sweet. Some of my favorites are among those.
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

Penicks

Lucky_Me

What, need to tone it down a little? In that case, let me rewrite my response: that would be extremely sweet. Better?
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Penicks on Aug 20, 2014, 06:25 AM
Haha that sadly would most likely be what would happen if warner organised it, I would love to seem them with Mogwai,Tool,The Cure,Depeche Mode, The Smiths,Team Sleep, Meshuggah and a bunch others, I think it would be a cool idea to have a festival that started with super heavy stuff like Meshuggah and transitioned with each set to less aggresive music until it wrapped up with an epic mogwai set, so you'd start out moshing all day and then when you got tired there'd by a heap of atmospheric stuff you'd be able to just soak in.

sooniletugo

^lol The Smiths have been defunct since 1987.

Teknoman

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Aug 20, 2014, 08:22 AM
Quote from: Penicks on Aug 20, 2014, 06:25 AM
Haha that sadly would most likely be what would happen if warner organised it, I would love to seem them with Mogwai,Tool,The Cure,Depeche Mode, The Smiths,Team Sleep, Meshuggah and a bunch others, I think it would be a cool idea to have a festival that started with super heavy stuff like Meshuggah and transitioned with each set to less aggresive music until it wrapped up with an epic mogwai set, so you'd start out moshing all day and then when you got tired there'd by a heap of atmospheric stuff you'd be able to just soak in.

I'd add Mastodon, Dillinger Escape Plan and maybe Baptists to that list.

I make music too

Vesanic

GlassJAw, HUM, Weezer, Animals As Leaders, Team Sleep, Sol Invicto, Dillinger Escape Plan, Mastodon, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Limp Bizkit*, System of a Down, and so many more I guess.

*Yes, Limp Bizkit can still be a great live act when their setlists include some of their less popular, good songs (because yes, Limp Bizkit has good songs) and not the usual greatest hits Rollin Mission Impossible My Generation kind of shit.

mono

Glassjaw, TDEP, Tool, Weezer, Cypress Hill, Mogwai

N0S3BLEED976

Besides the bands already mentioned, Alice in Chains, Quicksand, Every Time I Die, Chelsea Wolfe, METZ, KEN Mode, and Faith No More would be pretty sweet, too

N0S3BLEED976

... Doomriders, Helmet, Battles, Converge, Future Islands, M83, etc.

That would be one hell of a festival

nicklav

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: sooniletugo on Aug 20, 2014, 11:42 AM
Haha i'm aware of that but i'm not too worried about the logistical aspects of my imaginary festival

Northcal

Deftones,tool,Chevelle,weezer,311 8)

Logic

Haha...

I dunno...Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, and maybe Nirvana.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Logic on Aug 21, 2014, 01:25 AM

Haha...

The only band there in a comparable situation to The Smiths (crucial band members alive) is Led Zeppelin who have actually had numerous reunions

Logic

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Aug 21, 2014, 02:03 AM
Quote from: Logic on Aug 21, 2014, 01:25 AM

Haha...

The only band there in a comparable situation to The Smiths (crucial band members alive) is Led Zeppelin who have actually had numerous reunions

haha...

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Aug 20, 2014, 11:34 PM
Quote from:  link=topic=20433.msg816419#msg816419 date=1408534926

Haha i'm aware of that but i'm not too worried about the logistical aspects of my imaginary festival

;)

DeftonesNZ

I think i could arrange it, imagine if i got everyone in the crowd to wear a mask of morriseys face i'm pretty sure his narcissism would compel him to do it lol either that or chase him on stage with a steak

III

Does anybody here know The Dear Hunter???? They would be an epic band along with A Perfect Circle to play there.