Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Festivals/Gigs 2015

Started by Lucky_Me, Oct 24, 2014, 01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky_Me

Is anyone already planning to go to a festival/concert in 2015? Or do you already have tickets for something? Is anyone else anxiously awaiting the lineups and tours for next year? Or do you guys know some juicy rumors regarding them? I'll go first:

*For me, Pinkpop and Rock am Ring 2015 probably aren't going to be all that. Foo Fighters, Die Toten Hosen and The Boxer Rebellion... meh. Rock am Ring 2014 was awesome, but next year? Not so much, I guess...

*Download still has a chance of becoming the next big thing for me. No lineup yet, as far as I know, but Deftones are being rumored on the forums. It's notorious for its nu-metal lineups, so that'd be best for a nu-head like me.  ;)

*Deftones' new album. I'm stoked. I wish for a European club tour, but some festival gigs would also be good. I couldn't go see them this year, because of my health and because of financial reasons. :( In 2015, I'll surely be back! The same goes for any side project that'll do a show close enough to any of my home towns. (Read: in my or in a neighboring country. :P)

*Slipknot and KoRn in Amsterdam... still doubting. They're both pretty fine acts, but not my favorites. I'd like to go, but I shouldn't go there alone. It's fairly expensive, too, but I'd be cool, though. Maybe it's a funny question, but does anyone know how big/flashy their light shows are? That could make a huge difference to me.

*If Linkin Park is going to tour in Europe again next year, I'll be fucked. I don't deserve so much good luck. 8) I'll be seeing them the 7th in Amsterdam, so that's a huge experience for me. It's crazy, for that'll be my ninth gig of theirs. Wow. :o
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Lucky_Me on Oct 24, 2014, 01:45 PM
Is anyone already planning to go to a festival/concert in 2015? Or do you already have tickets for something? Is anyone else anxiously awaiting the lineups and tours for next year? Or do you guys know some juicy rumors regarding them? I'll go first:

*For me, Pinkpop and Rock am Ring 2015 probably aren't going to be all that. Foo Fighters, Die Toten Hosen and The Boxer Rebellion... meh. Rock am Ring 2014 was awesome, but next year? Not so much, I guess...

*Download still has a chance of becoming the next big thing for me. No lineup yet, as far as I know, but Deftones are being rumored on the forums. It's notorious for its nu-metal lineups, so that'd be best for a nu-head like me.  ;)

*Deftones' new album. I'm stoked. I wish for a European club tour, but some festival gigs would also be good. I couldn't go see them this year, because of my health and because of financial reasons. :( In 2015, I'll surely be back! The same goes for any side project that'll do a show close enough to any of my home towns. (Read: in my or in a neighboring country. :P)

*Slipknot and KoRn in Amsterdam... still doubting. They're both pretty fine acts, but not my favorites. I'd like to go, but I shouldn't go there alone. It's fairly expensive, too, but I'd be cool, though. Maybe it's a funny question, but does anyone know how big/flashy their light shows are? That could make a huge difference to me.

*If Linkin Park is going to tour in Europe again next year, I'll be fucked. I don't deserve so much good luck. 8) I'll be seeing them the 7th in Amsterdam, so that's a huge experience for me. It's crazy, for that'll be my ninth gig of theirs. Wow. :o

Slipknot and Korn were both pretty good when I saw them, and both within the past 2 years. Korn was pretty basic but Slipknot had tons of pyrotechnics going on. Flames blasting everywhere, huge devil head, lights going off all over the place.  It was nuts.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Lucky_Me

That show sounded like a lot of fun! I'm glad you liked it. Still, I was in a bad place back then, so I'm glad I didn't go. I'm now going to see Weird Al in Amsterdam, Linkin Park in Berlin and Deftones in Paris (3 times) and Cologne. I'm pretty stoked about following them.  :) I've been wanting to follow a band for over years, but I've never gotten the chance to, so I'm very grateful that I can now. I'm actually doing 200% better than when I left the forum and I'm happy to still be this crazy bitch for them, haha. Good times are coming.  ;)
Eccentricity is but a sophisticated form of insanity.

deftoneseba

I'm going to Argentina and Chile shows, can't wait!! Last time they were here (Argentina), the sky fell down... there was this huge storm that flooded the whole place and they weren't able to play. Last time I was at one of their shows was in 2011.. it's been awhile.
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

luisch

Quote from: deftoneseba on Jul 03, 2015, 09:06 PM
I'm going to Argentina and Chile shows, can't wait!! Last time they were here (Argentina), the sky fell down... there was this huge storm that flooded the whole place and they weren't able to play. Last time I was at one of their shows was in 2011.. it's been awhile.

Nos vemos en Septiembre, Seba.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know