Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

deftones merch you regret not buying?

Started by Northcal, Nov 18, 2014, 11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northcal

I've seen so much shit back in the day that I wish I had now like cassettes,windbreakers,cd imports, and the worst one is not seeing them live in 2000 I had my chances :'(lol

digital bath

I regret to never buying this T-Shirt, when I remember it right it was only available on the official deftones online shop, which only accepted credit cards for international buyers at this time. I waited and hoped that it would be for sale on another (European) online store, but I never saw it outside of the official store.
I still want it so bad :(

another shirt I regret not buying is this one:

This was about the White Pony era, and also the first time I bought some deftones shirts.
At this time I most wore only black and dark colors, but never ever a yellow one!
But today I think it looks awesome, especially during the summertime.

But there is also merch I regret that I bought it, like the Koi No Yokan Hoddie/Zipper with this print on the back:

Don't get me wrong, the print looks awesome (at least you're not a KNY hater) but I have to tell why I regret it:

First I bought it on an European online shop, I was happy with it, but after a few times wearing and washing it I thought it's a bit to big in size for me.
So I decided to sell it in an online auction and buy a new one a size smaller, this time at the official store.
The price was cheaper, but with the shipping cost and the customs fees I paid the same like before.
After weeks of waiting it finally arrived, but I was disappointed when I had it in my hands, it was very cheap quality.
The material was very thin, so thin you can look trough it when you keep your eye at it, and the inside was full with lint.
The worst thing was the print, it was full with cracks all over it, it looked like somebody folded it all the time.
Even the cord on the hood was shit.
For sure it was from another brand than the one from the European shop which was Fruit of the Loom, which always have a good quality.
It was from "Independent trading company" or something like that, total bullshit of quality, I've seen fake hoodies on some random markets which had better (but still cheap) quality than this, but this one was sold on the official store!!!

I have no complaint filed to the shop because of that.
One day before the package with the hoodie arrived, I've sent a mail to the custom service, because it was over 5 weeks ago when the package was send but still not here. I've chosen the cheapest shipping method without tracking number, and without that it's nearby impossible to find a lost package.
So I would not have any guarantee by losing the package. Nevertheless, the guy from the customer service offered me, without hesitation, to send me another one or to give me the money back.
I was very impressed about that, I had experiences with other shops which wouldn't offering me that at all or at least without any problems, even when I had the tracking number and could prove that the package was lost.

Another one I regret is a Team Sleep windbreaker.
Like all my new clothes before wearing it the first time, I washed it cold.
The print got broken and the material of the print was all over the other clothes, as if a hankie was in the washer.
I looked at the tag of the WB again, it says hand-wash only, the program on the washer was also hand-wash, and I never had any problems with other "hand-wash only" clothes before.... :-\

nicklav

Quote from: digital bath on Nov 18, 2014, 06:31 PM
I regret to never buying this T-Shirt, when I remember it right it was only available on the official deftones online shop, which only accepted credit cards for international buyers at this time. I waited and hoped that it would be for sale on another (European) online store, but I never saw it outside of the official store.

I had this shirt, and then I lost it when I was moving. So pissed.

digital bath

Quote from: nicklav on Nov 18, 2014, 08:23 PM

That's sad.
Does it look in real the same as in the picture?

Penicks

nicklav

Quote from: digital bath on Nov 18, 2014, 09:07 PM

That's sad.
Does it look in real the same as in the picture?

Yes, it looked just like that.

Freedomsoldier17

I wish this shirt had more than just one size...

Numina

I have this t-shirt (too small for me though :( ) and a lot of the top half where the sky is was speckled with the ink used for the sea. It completely ruined it. There was a disclaimer there would be differences between the image on the site and what you got, meaning that they knew they were fucked and sold them anyway. Don't be sad that you missed out.