Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Acapellas

Started by iWally, Dec 10, 2014, 02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iWally

does anyone have some deftones acapellas to share?

specially sextape. i've been looking for months so i could put on a instrumental remix/redux/flip i did some time ago.

thanks.

DeftonesNZ

As far as I know only Hole in the Earth and Minerva are out there as they were in the Rockband game, also you can get Ever by Team Sleep but I think that's it.

Shadow46/2

By that logic, My Own Summer and Cherry Waves should also have acapellas floating around since they were also in the game. Sadly I've never seen em anywhere. :/

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Shadow46/2

el perro

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Dec 11, 2014, 05:49 AM
This sorta counts..

http://youtu.be/9lIkKdVWMU0

Do any tech heads out there know what effects are used here on Chino's vocals? I could always hear he double tracked the vocals but damn, they sound messy without everything else. Maybe a cocaine'd fueled night recording sesh.   

DeftonesNZ

that's because it's not a proper vocal track that's someone attempt at stripping away the instruments from the full mixed version, but that methods really messy because it's like trying to take the flour out of a baked cake, you're not going to get it all so you can still hear some of the instrumentals and also when you take them away you can't help but take away some of the vocal track. so basically that's a real crude vocal track where the vocals have most likely been distorted and aren't representative of an actual vocal track.

therealdaebat

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 15, 2014, 07:49 PM
that's because it's not a proper vocal track that's someone attempt at stripping away the instruments from the full mixed version, but that methods really messy because it's like trying to take the flour out of a baked cake, you're not going to get it all so you can still hear some of the instrumentals and also when you take them away you can't help but take away some of the vocal track. so basically that's a real crude vocal track where the vocals have most likely been distorted and aren't representative of an actual vocal track.

Yup, that said, it really isn't surprising that Chinos vox wouldn't sound amazing isolated. Most of their stuff on SNW and up are overdubbed at least once.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Shadow46/2

Man, I can only imagine how vocal tracks from the s/t would sound, when his voice was at its most cracked/raw. Before they started overlaying all those effects (at least the more obvious ones).
I'd like to hear it, that stuff really fascinates me.

iWally

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 15, 2014, 07:49 PM

i tried to do it with the diamond eyes instrumentals, but it didnt even affected the track that much. can someone try isolate the vocals that way? any results near as that change acapella would be very helpful for me.

p.s.: sorry for the bad english

DeftonesNZ

I wouldn't bother I've tried a bunch of methods and you either end up with lots of residual instruments or badly damaged isolated vocals, it has to do with where the vocals are in the mix some songs you can get a result but I noticed most of the deftones songs aren't mixed in a way where you can really isolate properly, I think the vocals need to be centre panned but for it to work but even then there's usually drums or something in the same area as the vocals.

Teknoman

Quote from: el perro on Dec 15, 2014, 04:25 PM
Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Dec 11, 2014, 05:49 AM
This sorta counts..

http://youtu.be/9lIkKdVWMU0

Do any tech heads out there know what effects are used here on Chino's vocals? I could always hear he double tracked the vocals but damn, they sound messy without everything else. Maybe a cocaine'd fueled night recording sesh.

I can hear reverb, some delay here and there, EQ for that walkie-talkie/lo-fi effect and compression to enhance that whispered breathy vocal style that Chino used here. Also double tracked vocals with lots flanger effect on the chorus.

I make music too