Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones new album

Started by tarkil, Feb 11, 2015, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvthedrv

this is totally new from deftones so im pretty excited.

deftoner664

That sounds fucking massive and I hate to use the cliche term "epic" to describe a song but that was the initial feeling it invoked upon first listen. Really excited to see where that track goes... this is exciting.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Freedomsoldier17

sounds alright...kinda iffy on solos but that riff at the last second or two totally made up for it

illthrowROCKS@U

I know its only a few seconds... but I cant stop replaying this! Seems Rosemary-ish, which is exciting, since I love that song. Needless to say, this clip has me PUMPED!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

tarkil

Damn, this got me excited !!!!!!!!!!!        :o

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

astynk

there are times when you just wonder "gosh wtf is going on everyone's gone crazy or what" and this is the case
what track are y'all talking about? i've been looking through the whole thread and found nothing interesting. if you're on about that shit on instagram, the stuff that's there bears but the slightest resemblance to what the Deftones sound like... you must be trollin or something. and who is Jerry?

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

astynk

that's just what i been expectin tho

Knucklestones

I'm really hoping this person is just trolling. Also, how many tracks do you guys think will be on the album? I'm thinking 11 or 12.

deftoner664

hahah, who's Jerry?

Quote from: Knucklestones on May 21, 2015, 11:35 PM
I'm really hoping this person is just trolling. Also, how many tracks do you guys think will be on the album? I'm thinking 11 or 12.
Thinking around the same number because there is a total of 16 tracks and Chino said in that recent magazine interview that they would be getting rid of 4 or 5 of the 16.

Hopefully they make them bonus tracks or they leak somehow... 4 or 5 could be similar to like Finger of Death or Lovers that slip thru the cracks because they don't fit with the rest of the album or the label says they don't agree with them, etc.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

astynk

well i've googled that shit, jerry (now with a small letter) is some fucker of alice and chains, he's fixin to fuck up some of deftones songs.
look at passenger, pink cellphone, or mein, when some bastards get into the vocal the song turns out totally fuckt up.
im still hopin that track on instagram isn't really deftones. KNY was a great disappointment to me, and if they keep going dat way they'll come down to a level of linkin park.

Inkblades

Quote from: astynk on May 22, 2015, 12:41 AM
well i've googled that shit, jerry (now with a small letter) is some fucker of alice and chains

You've solved the case, Columbo. Good job.

astynk

was that meant to be sarcastic or what

xbloodycape

Quote from: astynk on May 22, 2015, 01:00 AM

Yes, it was. and for the record, Jerry Cantrell is fucking awesome

Inkblades

Quote from: astynk on May 22, 2015, 01:00 AM

You solved another case. Looks like you're going to get promoted to detective!

ANattyRat

well i've googled that shit, jerry (now with a small letter) is some fucker of alice and chains, he's fixin to fuck up some of deftones songs.
look at passenger, pink cellphone, or mein, when some bastards get into the vocal the song turns out totally fuckt up.
im still hopin that track on instagram isn't really deftones. KNY was a great disappointment to me, and if they keep going dat way they'll come down to a level of linkin park.

Oh my god, you did not just say that MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN screwed up Passenger. Please, for the love of god, tell me that was a joke.

I'm not really a fan of Alice In Chains; I like a few of their songs, but it's generally just not my thing. But it doesn't really matter, because this isn't an Alice In Chains song, it's a Deftones song featuring a guitar solo from a guy from Alice In Chains. There's a massive difference. I think this will probably be one of their least Deftones-sounding songs, along with a few others. But that's the point. They've been around for over 20 years, they've changed their sound in some ways every album, while still generally keeping that aspect that makes them unrecognisably Deftones. But they also like to push their boundaries or do something very uncharacteristic once in a while. Guitar solo? Definitely uncharacteristic.

Gaz

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

astynk

well now I even like Deftones a bit less because I don't want to share my fav band with bastards like you guys.

cvthedrv

Quote from: astynk on May 22, 2015, 06:28 PM
well now I even like Deftones a bit less because I don't want to share my fav band with bastards like you guys.

man, i have feel like that in many times, the 85% of the deftones fanbase are dumbfucks and attention whores.