Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones new album

Started by tarkil, Feb 11, 2015, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicklav

Quote from: cvthedrv on May 22, 2015, 06:32 PM
Quote from: astynk on May 22, 2015, 06:28 PM
well now I even like Deftones a bit less because I don't want to share my fav band with bastards like you guys.

man, i have feel like that in many times, the 85% of the deftones fanbase are dumbfucks and attention whores.

That's too bad. I tend to think they have one of the best fan bases, with the occasional outliers that come here and insult the band for working with other artists and call us all bastards.

rainnyx4

It's true.  Deftones fans are dumb as shit.  It's why I generally don't like to talk about music with people.  Either they don't like the kind of music I like and so we have nothing in common.  Or, they do like the music I like and are just painful to talk to.

N0S3BLEED976

Why can't we all get along and be nice to eachother, you stupid motherfuckers?

Vesanic

That's the problem though, most of us Deftones fans are bipolar, so we hug each other while holding spears.

pony_01

well now I even like Deftones a bit less because I don't want to share my fav band with bastards like you guys.

man, i have feel like that in many times, the 85% of the deftones fanbase are dumbfucks and attention whores.

well. it's kinda love-hate relationship. you will get used to it

illthrowROCKS@U

I find this post very interesting.  I wonder, what is it that makes you think anyone here is a "dumbfuck?"  From an outside perspective, from someone completely objective who wasn't involved in the matter at all, what I saw is a new fellow come in and voice his opinion.  Then I saw others disagree with that opinion.  Somehow, by doing the same thing as the original person, those others are "bastards." 

I found it interesting how another then mentioned that

Quote from: rainnyx4 on May 22, 2015, 08:05 PM
...Deftones fans are dumb as shit... Either they don't like the kind of music I like and so we have nothing in common.

Interesting how one can have an opinion, yet when others have one as well, which may be equally as valid in their own minds, it makes that other person "dumb as shit."

I must say though, that by not knowing who Jerry Cantrell is, you're not making yourself look good.  Of course not "stupid," but more rather ignorant.  Which is fine, it's okay to be ignorant, and I don't mean that in an insulting fashion as many people use it these days.  Alice in Chains is a wildly popular band and has been so for a very long time.  You can't blame people for finding it hard to believe that a self proclaimed Deftones fan wouldn't know who Jerry Cantrell is, even if you don't like his style.  And from what I understand, he is not contributing vocally, only with a guitar solo in one single song.

In the end, my opinion differs quite wildly from yours.  I liked Koi No Yokan, a lot actually.  I also very much like Passenger, even though it is not nearly my favorite off of White Pony.  I even, in stark contrast to the majority of Deftones fans, don't mind Mein all that much.

It seems quite horrifically ironic that the only people here that I would objectively consider "dumb as shit," "bastards," "crazy," "dumbfucks," or "attention whores" are the ones who used those words to begin with.

I'll end with this quote, because I think it hits the nail on the head pretty well. 

Quote from: nicklav on May 22, 2015, 07:13 PM
That's too bad. I tend to think they have one of the best fan bases, with the occasional outliers that come here and insult the band for working with other artists and call us all bastards.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

ShadowScars

Here's my take on Deftones fans.. the ratio of pics of hot chicks in band shirts/with band tattoos is much higher when searching #Deftones on instagram than any other band I follow.  8)

rainnyx4

Opinions can make you dumb as shit if your opinions are dumb as shit.

People need to stop acting like all opinions are made equal.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: ShadowScars on May 22, 2015, 09:42 PM
Here's my take on Deftones fans.. the ratio of pics of hot chicks in band shirts/with band tattoos is much higher when searching #Deftones on instagram than any other band I follow.  8)

True, haha

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Inkblades

Hahaha, this guy is my new favorite poster.

Freedomsoldier17

Quote from: ShadowScars on May 22, 2015, 09:42 PM

can confirm

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: rainnyx4 on May 22, 2015, 10:32 PM
Opinions can make you dumb as shit if your opinions are dumb as shit.

People need to stop acting like all opinions are made equal.

Yes, when it's something like thinking the government is spraying toxic chemicals through chemtrails, not what song or band sounds good.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

thewanderer

It all makes sense now.....

Yeah this new album is gonna suck Chino can't sing and they have to put Jerry on the album so there is at least one good guitar player but he fucked that up too because he used pinch harmonics. I'm gonna listen to it on repeat forever just to show everyone how much I hate it.

Take that society.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

Inkblades

https://instagram.com/p/3AVm2IvWMC/?taken-by=tholyghost

Another snippet? And if so, why are they letting Chuck post all these clips?

sharinglungs

Quote from: Inkblades on May 23, 2015, 04:15 AM

Maybe it's not deftones stuff and just another project he's working on?

deftoner664

whoa, I didnt expect that already. I'm surprised they allowed him to.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

N0S3BLEED976

Not too sure if it's Deftones this time. Doesn't sound too much like Stef's guitar sound

DeftonesNZ

Yeah that one sounds far off, Chuck is doing his own thing aswell as Crosses and Team Sleep so it's possible one or both of these are from his solo stuff, the Deftones like guitar on the first track might even be a guest appearance or something

Diplo

This snippet is better than the first one with the solo. Maybe Stephen has changed his guitar sound like he was doing before (DE and KNY wasn't too different compare to the transitions we have seen before: ATF->WP).
Anyway, if it's from Crosses, I freaking love it.