Previous topic - Next topic

deftones47

people are people

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 08, 2015, 03:51 PM
Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Mar 08, 2015, 03:08 PM
chester bennington

grady avenell

nick hexum

Would be pretty awful, imo. Chester Bennington and Nick Hexum don't fit Deftones at all.

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Mar 08, 2015, 05:13 PM
Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Mar 08, 2015, 04:54 PM
hexum would fit into a really chilled out song imo(since he's a reggae vocalist), bennington maybe something more experimental and spacey.

Though I think they should stay away from artists they put so much effort into to setting themselves apart from.

Dude -_- shut your shit...I mean it's not like I expect too much from you. It wasn't just a business decision ... I think you get to a point in your life where your BS meter starts running down. Whatever it is you're seeking won't come in the form you're expecting, btw Deftones performs " Head Up" live with Chester... Chino collaborates with Mike Shinoda(Linkin Park/Fort Minor) "Razors Out", and Stephen Carpenter it's in the album Reanimation (the first remix album by Linkin Park as a follow-up to their first studio album, Hybrid Theory and was released on 2002. Recorded during the Hybrid Theory tour in 2001. Song: Linkin Park - "By_Myslf"

Vesanic

Quote from: people are people on Apr 04, 2015, 07:42 PM
chester bennington

grady avenell

nick hexum

Would be pretty awful, imo. Chester Bennington and Nick Hexum don't fit Deftones at all.

hexum would fit into a really chilled out song imo(since he's a reggae vocalist), bennington maybe something more experimental and spacey.

Though I think they should stay away from artists they put so much effort into to setting themselves apart from.

Dude -_- shut your shit...I mean it's not like I expect too much from you. It wasn't just a business decision ... I think you get to a point in your life where your BS meter starts running down. Whatever it is you're seeking won't come in the form you're expecting, btw Deftones performs " Head Up" live with Chester... Chino collaborates with Mike Shinoda(Linkin Park/Fort Minor) "Razors Out", and Stephen Carpenter it's in the album Reanimation (the first remix album by Linkin Park as a follow-up to their first studio album, Hybrid Theory and was released on 2002. Recorded during the Hybrid Theory tour in 2001. Song: Linkin Park - "By_Myslf"

Yeah, but Deftones wanted to stay away from these bands in their own music. That doesn't mean they can't be occasional buddies or work on something else together. There's a huge difference between working with members or whole bands you don't want your BAND to sound like, and actually including elements from these acts in your own band's music.

people are people

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 04, 2015, 09:36 PM
Quote from: people are people on Apr 04, 2015, 07:42 PM
chester bennington

grady avenell

nick hexum

Yeah, but Deftones wanted to stay away from these bands in their own music. That doesn't mean they can't be occasional buddies or work on something else together. There's a huge difference between working with members or whole bands you don't want your BAND to sound like, and actually including elements from these acts in your own band's music.

Yeah, that's what I meant too. Chester is best known as the lead vocalist of rock bands Linkin Park and Dead by Sunrise. But he's world-class singer and performer also the current lead vocalist for Stone Temple Pilots and rock cover band Bucket of Weenies, etc. And a collaboration between Deftones and Chester doesn't mean too, Deftones sounding as Linkin Park. For example, Chester Bennington sings the dark themed song "System", which is produced by Jonathan Davis of Korn for the Queen of the Damned soundtrack... Chino and Chester they're both very creative and creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way. Now as (I) already mentioned.  Whatever it is you're seeking won't come in the form you're expecting.

Inkblades

No, that isn't really what you meant, because Vesanic and N0S3BLEED976 basically made the same point. You agree with one poster, but you're telling the other guy to "shut his shit" for saying the same thing? It's fine if you like Chester Bennington, but that doesn't mean other people have to like him too. And I don't even mind Chino working with people from LP, because Razors Out is my favorite Chino song that isn't from one of his bands. I just don't like Chester's voice and don't want to hear him on a Deftones song.

Vesanic

Hahaha yeah dude, that answer didn't make sense.

My point is that while a member of the band (let's say Stef) can go out and work ON HIS OWN with a band he doesn't want Deftones to sound like (let's say Linkin Park), that doesn't mean he would be willing to welcome a member of Linkin Park on a Deftones song. Because that's an entirely different situation, the odds of having Deftones sounding even a bit like Linkin Park get higher.

I wouldn't expect miracles from Bennington, in the unconceivable case where Deftones and he collab'd. His voice on that "System" song you mentioned is worlds away from the voice he has now. He might be more self-caring and enduring than someone like Chino, but he's still getting older and losing skills, or at least, power. I don't think Chester is as creative as you make him out to be, or at least, he's DEFINITELY not as creative as Chino, not in a billion parallel universes.

Besides, in the same perspective, Linkin Park brought Daron Malakian in one of their recent songs, and it sounds exactly like you expect it to : Linkin Park + a shade of System Of A Down. That being said, they also made a song with Tom Morello and I'll admit it didn't sound like a LP/RATM mash-up... It just sounded like shit so I'd say that's not a better option.

cvthedrv

in the past i was a linkin park fan, but today if deftones worked with some lp member i would burn the discography.

Vesanic

cvthedrv

people are people

@MrVesanique
Dude yes Deftones wanted to stay away from these bands in their own music..
What I meant is: Everyone knows that Chino had big problems for opening for Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, etc. I am a Deftones Fan. I get Chino, and one thing leads to another, and that's why I posted: "It wasn't just a business decision"... "I think you get to a point in your life where your BS meter starts running down." It's not like is going to happen. But now if you see the first page with worst options to fit deftones, and you make a big deal of the option Chester...Or if you share the same opinion and if you truly believe that Chester and Chino would sound awful... and that Chester don't  fit deftones at all...You are just plain stupid...

It's OK, if you don't like Chester voice. Another is if you don't recognize Chester or Mike Shinoda are multi-talented singers...and NO!! "and it sounds exactly like you expect it to : Linkin Park + a shade of System Of A Down." as I said
Quote from: people are people on Apr 05, 2015, 01:26 PM

Chester is best known as the lead vocalist of rock bands Linkin Park and Dead by Sunrise. But he's world-class singer and performer also the current lead vocalist for Stone Temple Pilots and rock cover band Bucket of Weenies, etc. And a collaboration between Deftones and Chester doesn't mean too, Deftones sounding as Linkin Park. For example, Chester Bennington sings the dark themed song "System", which is produced by Jonathan Davis of Korn for the Queen of the Damned soundtrack... Chino and Chester they're both very creative and creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way. Now as (I) already mentioned.  Whatever it is you're seeking won't come in the form you're expecting.
[/quote]

Vesanic

Inkblades

Quote from: people are people on Apr 05, 2015, 09:40 PM
@MrVesanique
Dude yes Deftones wanted to stay away from these bands in their own music..
What I meant is: Everyone knows that Chino had big problems for opening for Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, etc. I am a Deftones Fan. I get Chino, and one thing leads to another, and that's why I posted: "It wasn't just a business decision"... "I think you get to a point in your life where your BS meter starts running down." It's not like is going to happen. But now if you see the first page with worst options to fit deftones, and you make a big deal of the option Chester...Or if you share the same opinion and if you truly believe that Chester and Chino would sound awful... and that Chester don't  fit deftones at all...You are just plain stupid...

It's OK, if you don't like Chester voice. Another is if you don't recognize Chester or Mike Shinoda are multi-talented singers...and NO!! "and it sounds exactly like you expect it to : Linkin Park + a shade of System Of A Down." as I said
Quote from: people are people on Apr 05, 2015, 01:26 PM

Chester is best known as the lead vocalist of rock bands Linkin Park and Dead by Sunrise. But he's world-class singer and performer also the current lead vocalist for Stone Temple Pilots and rock cover band Bucket of Weenies, etc. And a collaboration between Deftones and Chester doesn't mean too, Deftones sounding as Linkin Park. For example, Chester Bennington sings the dark themed song "System", which is produced by Jonathan Davis of Korn for the Queen of the Damned soundtrack... Chino and Chester they're both very creative and creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way. Now as (I) already mentioned.  Whatever it is you're seeking won't come in the form you're expecting.

snw9

Code: [Select]

astynk

Thom Yorke of Radiohead
Or Frankie Palmeri of Emmure.

Just listen to "Permanent Daylight" by the former and "Dry Ice" by the latter. They so much resemble Deftones, if I was told these two tracks were made by Deftones I would believe.

defTHE1s

Grady would be epic, also something heavy/experimental with Greg from DEP would be dope... as for female touch, maybe it's anything related but Björk or Beth Gibbons would do a notable contribution. Also, I was hoping for a duet with Teri Bender since they were the opening act in some shows last year, and I remember she did the parts for Knife Prty in some shows. New music with her would be interesting to hear.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

White Wrist

cvthedrv

Quote from: cvthedrv on Mar 09, 2015, 03:54 PM
MORRISSEY

chino words made my day, eventhough a collaboration between these two could never happen, moz as a vocal influence will be always a good point to get focus on.

mark my fucking words this will be epic.

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...