Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

countdown- new tones album

Started by Northcal, Jul 03, 2015, 09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warner sister

Quote from: Diplo on Aug 11, 2015, 10:59 PM
"One thing this record that's really cool sonically, our bass play is playing a 6 sting bass which is closer to a baritone guitar. So how his frequency works with my guitar frequency and Stef guitar frequency it molded a different sound, a different area of sonics that is new for us."

Sounds cool

Sergio is also using Funk Fingers with that bass - http://expandinghandsmusic.com

! No longer available

mrpelon94

Finger strumming?..better for the band

xbloodycape

Quote from: Warner sister on Oct 05, 2015, 12:54 AM
"One thing this record that's really cool sonically, our bass play is playing a 6 sting bass which is closer to a baritone guitar. So how his frequency works with my guitar frequency and Stef guitar frequency it molded a different sound, a different area of sonics that is new for us."

Sounds cool

Sergio is also using Funk Fingers with that bass - http://expandinghandsmusic.com

Do you have a source on that?
Sergio said he only uses picks in a rig rundown I believe.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Knucklestones

Quote from: xbloodycape on Oct 05, 2015, 01:45 AM

Sounds cool

They're not being serious. You should see some of their other posts.

xbloodycape

Quote from: Knucklestones on Oct 05, 2015, 01:51 AM
Quote from: xbloodycape on Oct 05, 2015, 01:45 AM

Sounds cool

They're not being serious. You should see some of their other posts.

My bad, my perception of sarcasm is terrible on the Internet.

N0S3BLEED976

I have a feeling since they won't be touring in support of their new material until next year anyway, they and their record label don't feel the need put out the album soon. Perhaps they'll release the album next year to coincide with their as of yet unannounced 2016 tour. Fuck.

sharinglungs

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Oct 06, 2015, 12:24 AM
I have a feeling since they won't be touring in support of their new material until next year anyway, they and their record label don't feel the need put out the album soon. Perhaps they'll release the album next year to coincide with their as of yet unannounced 2016 tour. Fuck.

They dont have to be touring to release an album.

Warner sister

Sounds cool

With an older instrument like that Sergio would benefit for the best sound by having the Plek process done to that bass.

! No longer available

Warner sister

Sounds cool

Sergio is a great bassist and I'm glad the 'tones have him. That said had Chi never got in an accident and remained it would've been cool to have heard him use a 7 string bass with his Studio One influenced style and how that would've worked with Steph's current 8 string Djent-y style.

N0S3BLEED976

Guys, I think it's happening really soon. Their record label (Warner Bros.) just posted an album announcement from another artist for a November 20th release date.

Shadow46/2

Ooh where

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Oct 08, 2015, 11:21 PM
Ooh where

Via instagram. https://instagram.com/p/8lm9dCBJhY/

Could mean the November 20th release date for the new record is still not out of the question

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

shine down unshy

How does that relate to the new album being released soon? ???

sharinglungs

Quote from: shine down unshy on Oct 08, 2015, 11:30 PM

he's saying that we could hear a new single soon and the release date could still be November 20th.

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: shine down unshy on Oct 08, 2015, 11:30 PM

Warner Bros. just announced a record by one of their artists for a November 20th release with album details and a first single. If the tentative release date for the new Deftones record (also November 20th) is still in debate, an announcement with album details and the first single might follow very soon as well, since it's the same label.

RavinVsFlud

Heres hopin you are right. I'd actually prefer if they drop all the info closer to the release date. The anticipation of waiting on something for 3-4 months out is dumb.   >:(

sharinglungs

Quote from: RavinVsFlud on Oct 09, 2015, 12:37 AM
Heres hopin you are right. I'd actually prefer if they drop all the info closer to the release date. The anticipation of waiting on something for 3-4 months out is dumb.   >:(

well it wouldn't be 3 to 4 months.. it would be 1 month. IF it comes out in november.

Penicks

stop the god damned speculating, jesus christ

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Penicks on Oct 09, 2015, 12:52 AM
stop the god damned speculating, jesus christ

speculating is love, speculating is life