Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Would deftones listen to the fans???

Started by Northcal, Aug 27, 2015, 07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northcal

I been saying this shit for a few yrs now,can we get all the real fans to protest their setlist. In big numbers they will listen to us!!oh BTW in advance fukk you to whoever talks shit on this tread,lol if you like it ,don't post then ya bitttch

nicklav

No one cares that you hate the setlists. Earlier this year they played Around the Fur in full, and they've been switching it up just fine for a while. I've seen them 13 times and the setlists have never felt stale.

Inkblades

Here's the thing. There are many, many Deftones fans in this world who don't follow the set lists they play each night like we on the board do. They have no problem hearing set staples like Diamond Eyes, Rocket Skates, My Own Summer, Be Quiet and Drive, Change, etc. In fact, they would probably be pissed if they didn't play those songs (I don't care about DE and RS, but I'd be like WTF? if they skipped those others one night). Yes, it is cool as fuck when they play deep cuts, but you have to keep in mind that they are also playing for the people actually going to the show on that particular night. And besides, at least they took 7 Words out of the rotation for the time being.

therealdaebat

Quote from: nicklav on Aug 27, 2015, 06:37 PM
No one cares that you hate the setlists. Earlier this year they played Around the Fur in full, and they've been switching it up just fine for a while. I've seen them 13 times and the setlists have never felt stale.

Preach. STFU and be happy they're still a band.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

luisch

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 27, 2015, 09:49 PM
Here's the thing. There are many, many Deftones fans in this world who don't follow the set lists they play each night like we on the board do. They have no problem hearing set staples like Diamond Eyes, Rocket Skates, My Own Summer, Be Quiet and Drive, Change, etc. In fact, they would probably be pissed if they didn't play those songs (I don't care about DE and RS, but I'd be like WTF? if they skipped those others one night). Yes, it is cool as fuck when they play deep cuts, but you have to keep in mind that they are also playing for the people actually going to the show on that particular night. And besides, at least they took 7 Words out of the rotation for the time being.

This.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

E-Money

I think this tour is about making a quick buck before the new record comes out and gaining some new fans. I'm sure they will change it up even more on their upcoming headlining tours. Shit in May when I saw them they opened with cherry ways and two nights later they opened with bloody cape. It would be cool to see some more old stuff every once in a while tho.. Like Fist, damone,MX.. And they played teenager at the Greek last year which was rad !!!

RavinVsFlud

Quote from: Northcal on Aug 27, 2015, 07:14 AM
I been saying this shit for a few yrs now,can we get all the real fans to protest their setlist. In big numbers they will listen to us!!oh BTW in advance fukk you to whoever talks shit on this tread,lol if you like it ,don't post then ya bitttch

If someone who you didn't know showed up to your job, criticized your performance, and then told you that you should do things better "their way" .... would you listen or would you think they were an arrogant asshole?

They have been doing a good job reinventing themselves without completely alienating their audience or sound for decades now. I think they got this.

therealdaebat

Quote from: E-Money on Aug 28, 2015, 02:01 AM
I think this tour is about making a quick buck before the new record comes out and gaining some new fans.

They've said in interviews that this tour is to warm them up for the upcoming album release tour. I'm sure the money isn't a bad thing either :)
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

kurtone

This tours set is catering more toward the radio rock crowd. It seemed during the Diamond Eyes tours they were more willing to mix the set up, but that may have been due to the fact they were getting back into the swing of things. During the KNY tour they kind of slipped back into the same old. I've been critical of the sets here lately as well, but eh, can't please everybody.

I do find it kind of amusing that during the SNW tour Chino said he doesn't like doing Passenger, but now its become a main staple of the set.

cvthedrv

nope, deftones doesn't listen to their fans, because their fans are assholes, including me.

therealdaebat

Quote from: kurtone on Aug 28, 2015, 06:33 PM
This tours set is catering more toward the radio rock crowd. It seemed during the Diamond Eyes tours they were more willing to mix the set up, but that may have been due to the fact they were getting back into the swing of things. During the KNY tour they kind of slipped back into the same old. I've been critical of the sets here lately as well, but eh, can't please everybody.

I do find it kind of amusing that during the SNW tour Chino said he doesn't like doing Passenger, but now its become a main staple of the set.

He also said his least favorite song to perform is 7 words but they finished every show last tour with it. It's a business. I don't like doing some shit at work but it has to be done.
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

deftones47

Quote from: therealdaebat on Aug 27, 2015, 11:02 PM

nicklav

I think this tour is about making a quick buck before the new record comes out and gaining some new fans. I'm sure they will change it up even more on their upcoming headlining tours. Shit in May when I saw them they opened with cherry ways and two nights later they opened with bloody cape. It would be cool to see some more old stuff every once in a while tho.. Like Fist, damone,MX.. And they played teenager at the Greek last year which was rad !!!

Were you at the Observatory show?

E-Money

Quote from: nicklav on Aug 29, 2015, 12:34 AM

Yes. And I went down to San Diego 2 days after. Good times! Those shows were killer! Were u at the observTory show too?

Martin

Quote from: therealdaebat on Aug 27, 2015, 11:02 PM

Totally agree.

slyartwork

They don't care... They just play and hang out and if they hear: 'we wanna hear THAT song, they might think about it but in the end won't do it.

I dont want the songs they can't play anymore but at least play Minus Blindfold some time instead of Engine No.9.... stuff like that...
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

Northcal

I would kill to see the tones play 3 songs of each album especially S/t & SNW!!!FUKK

illthrowROCKS@U

I've been pleased with their setlists of late, so I don't know what you're talking about.  They've brought S/T back into the fold a lot this year and dropped 7 words.  Are you expecting them NOT to play their staples, like Change, MOS, BQAD, etc?  That's not going to happen.  And if they played 3 songs from each album you'd end up with an even worse setlist.  With that kind of structure, you'll only end up with the top known songs from each.  At least with some flexibility you get a shot for some deeper cuts (like WGTB this tour).
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

nicklav

Quote from: E-Money on Aug 29, 2015, 02:10 AM

Yes. And I went down to San Diego 2 days after. Good times! Those shows were killer! Were u at the observTory show too?

Sure was. I completely agree, they were on top of their game. Gonna see them in Ventura on Halloween too!

E-Money

Quote from: nicklav on Sep 01, 2015, 07:05 PM
Quote from: E-Money on Aug 29, 2015, 02:10 AM

Sure was. I completely agree, they were on top of their game. Gonna see them in Ventura on Halloween too!

Yea bro same here! I'll be at Ventura and that show they added yesterday on the 28th in Pomona at the fox theater! Never been to that venue before. Should be dope.