..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

gwenudo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

Vesanic

Ashtiel

I listened to Gore for the first time in a week or so, and overall I think it's a solid album.

The first "half" (P/T - H/W) is great, but the "intermission" (Pittura/Xenon) drags the album down, I think. The tone change is a bit too drastic considering these songs come right after something like Hearts / Wires.

I can at least get into Pittura, but Xenon is mostly white noise for me. Definitely my least favorite on the album.

The second "half" though, damn. (L)MIRL is a great, progressive song that leads into Gore perfectly, and Phantom Bride helps to calm the nerves after Gore before Rubicon's explosive finish.

Capt Snow

Quote from: Ashtiel on May 06, 2016, 01:15 AM
I listened to Gore for the first time in a week or so, and overall I think it's a solid album.

The first "half" (P/T - H/W) is great, but the "intermission" (Pittura/Xenon) drags the album down, I think. The tone change is a bit too drastic considering these songs come right after something like Hearts / Wires.

I can at least get into Pittura, but Xenon is mostly white noise for me. Definitely my least favorite on the album.

The second "half" though, damn. (L)MIRL is a great, progressive song that leads into Gore perfectly, and Phantom Bride helps to calm the nerves after Gore before Rubicon's explosive finish.

I couldn't agree more man

Cullision

Lol that moment pittura starts up after H/W, god damn it.

rainnyx4

The only songs I have no gripes with on the album are the first three. The rest either could've been improved in some way or should have been a b-side.

cvthedrv

really hated they stopped doin covers.

krook

PB and H/W are the Gore versions of Rosemary and Tempest.
Gore song and Doomed User are very similar to Gauze/Poltergeist.

Also these "the slit in the sky is all I see" lyrics from H/W. This time there's a common thread with Entombed ("shapes and colors are all I see").
I hate White Pony.

from_musings

Quote from: krook on May 06, 2016, 08:12 AM

if that's true, Gore won by 2-0 in that ballad contest

Hidalgo

Quote from: from_musings on May 06, 2016, 12:33 PM

gotta agree, i think gore whipes the floor with kny

snw9

Quote from: gwenudo on May 05, 2016, 03:12 PM

Peeping Tom pose
Code: [Select]

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Hidalgo on May 06, 2016, 02:33 PM

gotta agree, i think gore whipes the floor with kny

Gore makes KNY look like absolute shite.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

only pieces remain

sooniletugo

shit, wrong thread

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: MrVesanique on May 05, 2016, 07:39 AM
"You smother me in shapes in a secret praxis", these instrumentals and vocals are straight up MBV
I definitely get that shoegaze vibe from this song as well. It's definitely both on equal parts of the instrumentals and the vocals. It has that wall of sound to the guitars that make the song feel like it's swaying back and forth (if the opening riff was Stef's doing, kudos to him). Chino also has that dreamy, low intensity vocal style on this that contributes to the overall mellowness, though it's crushing. I'd describe MBV the same way, mellow but crushing.

One thing I love about KNY (although the substance isn't always there) is that it gives me this feeling of romance like none of their albums quite do the same. Acid Hologram definitely gives me the same feeling, but with all the quality songwriting to back up that atmosphere. I've listened to Gore tons of times over, and I always gravitate to this song the most.

pinata89

Acid Hologram is probably the most interesting track on the album. I don't quite know how to describe it, but I'm like you...I gravitate towards it, and I'm not sure why. It's hard to dissect, and I like that quality about it. It's not my favorite track on Gore, but it's memorable for sure.