Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinata89

Surprise will be playing Gore in it's entirety and I'll be pissed I wasn't there :-\

Na, prob not...but that would be fucking tight for a festival set.

B_S_79

Any new songs other than what's been played will be a welcome addition to the setlist.

I'm thinking they might play an album beginning to end - they did that in Canada last year, right? Didn't they do ATF beginning to end?

My guess is they play ATF or Adrenaline front to back, no new songs from Gore. :-)

Penicks

inb4 DEFTONES INSTAGRAM TAKEOVER for some shitty rock magazine

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: HooiserBowhunter on Jul 25, 2016, 03:37 AM
Quote from: tokyodrifter on Jul 25, 2016, 12:21 AM
crest 8)
Just throw Crest on a quick cd with the finished tracks from Eros. Also maybe throw Lovers, and a few other B sides from other albums so  we can make a party out of it. We will call it B-Sides & Rarities Vol. 2 hahaha.

Yeah man. Crest, Lovers, Can't Even Breathe, and Teething, along with the finished tracks from Eros. Make it happen!  ;D ;D ;D
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

sing blue silver

Quote from: ANattyRat on Jul 26, 2016, 03:13 PM
I don't know, that seems weird, to play a song we haven't heard live without it being released. I guess not, but hopefully we'll get to hear Crest.

Just like how they debuted Rocket Skates, Poltergeist, Rosemary, Melanie, Finger of Death and countless others? I wouldn't say it's much of a stretch.

ANattyRat

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 28, 2016, 01:26 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Jul 26, 2016, 03:13 PM
I don't know, that seems weird, to play a song we haven't heard live without it being released. I guess not, but hopefully we'll get to hear Crest.

Just like how they debuted Rocket Skates, Poltergeist, Rosemary, Melanie, Finger of Death and countless others? I wouldn't say it's much of a stretch.

It's a stretch considering they didn't even want to play any songs from Gore until they'd been released properly. Except Doomed User, but that was released very quickly after they first played it. But hey, hopefully they'll release Crest.

pelican fly

one of their best albums

B0RNtoR0CK

Quote from: pelican fly on Aug 03, 2016, 01:57 AM
one of their best albums
Not even close. Not even in my top 5.

ANattyRat

Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Aug 05, 2016, 09:29 AM
one of their best albums

In my top three, behind White Pony and self-titled.

rainnyx4

one of their best albums

Yep, might be their least memorable.

Penicks

great discussion guys

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 05, 2016, 10:08 AM
one of their best albums

In my top three, behind White Pony and self-titled.

I have it as fourth for me at the moment.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Cullision

I think it's clearly the worst.

B0RNtoR0CK

Quote from: Cullision on Aug 06, 2016, 01:39 AM
Yeah....sadly....its between Gore and SNW for me and I think SNW might be better. Gore is just really hard to listen to with the terrible production.

On a side note, have you guys listened to Korn- Rotting in vain? It was produced my none other than Nick Raskulinecz (Diamond Eyes, Koi No Yokan) and it sounds so fuking good. Its a shame Deftones didn't use Raskulinecz on Gore.

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Aug 06, 2016, 02:06 AM
Quote from: Cullision on Aug 06, 2016, 01:39 AM
Yeah....sadly....its between Gore and SNW for me and I think SNW might be better. Gore is just really hard to listen to with the terrible production.

On a side note, have you guys listened to Korn- Rotting in vain? It was produced my none other than Nick Raskulinecz (Diamond Eyes, Koi No Yokan) and it sounds so fuking good. Its a shame Deftones didn't use Raskulinecz on Gore.

Yeah I think Nick would have made Gore sound a lot better honestly, and I don't shit about producing cds. I still think Gore is a good cd even if it isn't your favorite Deftones album. Also it sounds like if they ever do make another album they will not use him again from the interviews.

LG95

Gore's about fourth or fifth for me. I love it.

Quote from: B0RNtoR0CK on Aug 06, 2016, 02:06 AM
On a side note, have you guys listened to Korn- Rotting in vain? It was produced my none other than Nick Raskulinecz (Diamond Eyes, Koi No Yokan) and it sounds so fuking good. Its a shame Deftones didn't use Raskulinecz Terry Date on Gore.
I could float here forever

Cullision

I'm gay for Terry Date.

pinata89

Quote from: Cullision on Aug 06, 2016, 04:16 AM
I'm gay for Terry Date.
Me too. I miss him lots. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cvthedrv

Nick Raskulinecz became deftones into a radio friendly band.

fuck him.

rainnyx4

Quote from: cvthedrv on Aug 06, 2016, 06:15 AM
Nick Raskulinecz became deftones into a radio friendly band.

fuck him.

Oh yeah, KNY was so radio friendly. I totally remember hearing Deftones on the radio constantly back then. And all those 14 year old girls raving about Rosemary, man that was so annoying.

The idea that Deftones ever have been or will be "radio friendly" (whatever that means, since I don't think anyone really "listens to the radio" anymore in the classic sense of the phrase) is retarded.