Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptureWS

It's been about six months and I still listen to Gore all the time. Likely my third favorite album of theirs behind ATF and S/T. At the very least it is tied with WP for 3. My fav tracks are Geo, Rubi, Xenon, Pittura. Geo and Rubi in particular....when I listen to these tracks even 6 months later I think to myself "I can't believe they actually wrote these songs. I feel like I have been waiting for these tracks for 10 years." It's wonderful.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

defTHE1s

Imagine hearing those haunting sounds on Acid Hologram's chorus if we had the GORE instrumentals...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

guarnoplo

"i get bored..."

sooniletugo

Doomed is ok, love the verses, but nowhere near the best on the album.

Geometric and Gore fucking own... so badass all the way through.

O

Quote from: sooniletugo on Sep 30, 2016, 10:11 PM

geometric and gore are shite music compared to doomed user

LG95

I want Crest.
I could float here forever

ANattyRat

Doomed User is probably my least favourite song on the album. And yet I preferred it to Prayers/Triangles when those two songs were all we had. I don't know, it's not that I dislike Doomed User, it's just that there are so many brilliant songs on the album. Geometric Headdress has remained at the top for me.

LG95

It's all about Rubicon.

snw9

Quote from: sooniletugo on Sep 30, 2016, 10:11 PM

I would pick Doomed User and Gore
Code: [Select]

illthrowROCKS@U

Gore is the weakest song on the album to me. It's all about Acid Hologram, LMIRL, and Pittura Infamante for me.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

BewareTheWater

I love Geometric Headdress . The all-over-the-place riffs, the mindblowing chorus in-between, etc. all perfect.

E-Money

Quote from: LG95 on Oct 01, 2016, 01:31 PM
It's all about Rubicon.

Yea definitely my favorite track on the record. Also my favorite song of the Sergio era. To me Rubicon = Deftones. It's got all of the elements that make them so special. Really hope they bring it back in the set lists coming up..

Inkblades

I love Rubicon too, but does anyone wish Chino screamed at the end of the song? Right at about 4:40 would have been sweet.

And this will probably be a controversial opinion, but I think the heavy parts on Geo is the best heavy moment on the entire album. Way better than the heavy parts on Gore, IMO.

E-Money

Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 05, 2016, 06:48 AM
I love Rubicon too, but does anyone wish Chino screamed at the end of the song? Right at about 4:40 would have been sweet.

And this will probably be a controversial opinion, but I think the heavy parts on Geo is the best heavy moment on the entire album. Way better than the heavy parts on Gore, IMO.

Yes absolutely. And I wish you would also scream at the end of prayers triangles

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: E-Money on Oct 05, 2016, 05:18 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 05, 2016, 06:48 AM

Yes absolutely. And I wish you would also scream at the end of prayers triangles

I'm okay with him not screaming as much now as he used to... but a LITTLE more would be nice! These moments you two mentioned are perfect examples of songs that don't rely heavily on screaming, but would benefit from a couple at the right moments.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

LG95

Put this on for the first time in a few weeks and yeah, I still love it. I just wish that bloody production/mixing was better.

It's so brilliantly put together.

snw9

Quote from: E-Money on Oct 05, 2016, 03:33 AM
It's all about Rubicon.

Yea definitely my favorite track on the record. Also my favorite song of the Sergio era. To me Rubicon = Deftones. It's got all of the elements that make them so special. Really hope they bring it back in the set lists coming up..

How about that chorus?
Code: [Select]

sing blue silver

Incoming shitpost!!

How I'm ranking Gore now after these months with it.

Hearts/Wires
Rubicon
Phantom Bride
(L)mirl
Pittura Infamante
Xenon
Geometric Headdress
Gore
Prayers/Triangles
Acid Hologram
Doomed User

E-Money

Quote from: snw9 on Oct 10, 2016, 02:04 PM
Quote from: E-Money on Oct 05, 2016, 03:33 AM
It's all about Rubicon.

How about that chorus?

Yup best chorus on the record for me! I also love the lyrics in both verse's. It's just a good all around track. Abe and Steph really come together nicely on it.. Sounds like an older deftones track to me.. Guitar and drum wise.

It's such a shame how poorly mixed this record is.. It's terrible. Worst drum sound out of their whole catalog.. I'm really surprised they went with this mix. It's bad.

Freedomsoldier17

they actually mixed the record more than once i think, wonder what the others sounded like