Author Topic: Gore  (Read 736033 times)

Offline Martin

• Global Moderator
  • Organ Donator
Re: Gore
« Reply #12100 on: Jul 11, 2017, 08:13 PM »
Just finished listening to it on vinyl again. Still keeps on giving. Enjoyed the record when I first got it, I'm still getting deeper into it and I'm loving every moment of it. Wonder how I'll feel about it in a few years time.

Offline defTHE1s

• Elite
  • Mindset of a Killer
    • Defthe1s Bootlegs
« Reply #12101 on: Jul 19, 2017, 04:02 PM »
What you all prefer, 2 LPs or 1 EP format?

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Offline The Cyndicate

• Teenager
« Reply #12102 on: Aug 23, 2017, 06:01 AM »
I've given it plenty of time.

Awful album.

A few good songs, but the overall feeling of the album is awful.

Offline boogabear123

• Pink Maggit
  • Honestly, even though its left a hole, it shines<3
« Reply #12103 on: Aug 23, 2017, 08:33 PM »

Awful album.

I feel this way about Diamond Eyes. I really want to like it all the way through but it just loses something halfway through the album that makes me lose the feel for it. And as for Gore, I do enjoy all the songs, but I can definitely say that it gets weaker in the middle then sort of brings its self back. I hated every song at first before when it dropped.  :P

Offline illthrowROCKS@U

• Elite
  • Deftones: My drug of choice
« Reply #12104 on: Aug 23, 2017, 09:48 PM »

Awful album.

I feel this way about Diamond Eyes. I really want to like it all the way through but it just loses something halfway through the album that makes me lose the feel for it. And as for Gore, I do enjoy all the songs, but I can definitely say that it gets weaker in the middle then sort of brings its self back. I hated every song at first before when it dropped.  :P

I'm with you. The way some people seem to feel about Gore is exactly how I feel about Diamond Eyes. It's just not very interesting to me, particularly the later half of the album.

Gore, on the other hand, I do feel has much growing potential. I enjoy it very much. I liked it from the start, but it seems to have grown on me more as time goes on.

I felt the same way with the Self Titled. White Pony was initially my favorite, which I loved (and still do love, don't get me wrong), yet has over time lost a bit of its luster. Whereas the Self Titled didn't hit me as hard at first, and slowly grew to become my favorite Deftones album by far. Gore is much the same in this respect, albeit to less effect than the Self Titled.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor

Offline B0RNtoR0CK

• Get Bored
« Reply #12105 on: Sep 20, 2017, 09:39 PM »
Dude, you guys serious? Diamond Eyes is a 5/5 album for me. Loved it from beginning to end. Just about everyone I know loved the heck out of it. Gore on the other hand ughh....I just shake my head when I put it on (I mainly have a problem with the production).

Offline defTHE1s

• Elite
  • Mindset of a Killer
    • Defthe1s Bootlegs
« Reply #12106 on: Sep 20, 2017, 10:40 PM »
Dude, you guys serious? Diamond Eyes is a 5/5 album for me. Loved it from beginning to end. Just about everyone I know loved the heck out of it. Gore on the other hand ughh....I just shake my head when I put it on (I mainly have a problem with the production).
If you can, listen to the vinyl version. It makes you forget at least for a while about the horrible production...
this or is just my imagination.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Offline E-Money

• Elite
« Reply #12107 on: Sep 21, 2017, 03:06 AM »
The Vocals to Phantom Bride and Rubicon are my favorite from the Sergio Era. Really wish Abe's drum volume was louder and just more intense on Gore. I feel like Abe brings a great performance to the record but is so low in the mix.. or maybe it's the guitars being too loud.. idk.

Offline LG95

• Passenger
« Reply #12108 on: Sep 21, 2017, 07:37 AM »
It's both.
I could float here forever

Offline illthrowROCKS@U

• Elite
  • Deftones: My drug of choice
« Reply #12109 on: Sep 22, 2017, 05:11 PM »

The production on Gore is awful, yes, but I try to look past that to the songs themselves. Diamond Eyes, to me, was the worst Deftones album to date. It's the only one I rarely ever listen to, unless my 3 year old asks me to put it on. And he really just likes the owl.

It just doesn't grab me. The songs are kind of boring, especially YSTB. It's good, I don't hate it or anything, but just doesn't stack up with the rest for me. KNY was a BIG step up, and I think Gore was even better than that.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor