Started by GreenMaggit, Apr 24, 2016, 01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pelican fly

great track live

loved Chi's backing vocals

GreenMaggit

Quote from: Caín on Apr 26, 2016, 01:50 AM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 24, 2016, 07:16 PM
im very corious about the original titles of the white pony songs, any idea of the other songs titles? rx queen, street carp, teenager or korea ( wasn't this just white pony?)

1. New Murderer
2. Nightrider
3. Elite
4. Iceskates
5. (DON'T REMEMBER)
6. Teenager
7. Knife Party at the Niko
8. White Pony
9. Timbaland
10. Flint Eastwood
11. Pink Maggot
12. Mini Maggot

This is one of the bootlegs, there had been multiple ones. But it was not the WP leak I downloaded back in the day. Maybe when The Cyndicate finds the time to upload his old files or take a screenshot of them, we will be smarter. I don't even remember whether BTS was called that already or Mini Maggit, but I do remember it coming on after Pink Maggit. This bootleg pic looks a little sketchy, because it has both Digital Bath and Nightrider on, and Nightrider was Digital Bath's original name. And, just like I mentioned, the opening song being called New Murderer (which was Feiticeira) but then a different song titled Feiticeira on it.

Quote from: loeir on Apr 26, 2016, 03:12 AM
edit:

I found an article which names another working title (CYUA)

http://www.mtv.com/news/620051/deftones-softening-on-next-lp/
QuoteCYUA I think is wrong.
I think it was CIYF.

You are right. We are talking about Elite here. Chino himself has said in an interview that the song was titled CIYF until recording it, just to give it a name. I read the CYUA acronym on two websites already. I think it's simply a mistake.

Vesanic

Quote from: The Cyndicate on Apr 26, 2016, 10:01 PM
The fact that you have to guess at all, means he has lied to an extent.

Wow

The Cyndicate

Quote from: GreenMaggit on Apr 28, 2016, 01:48 AM
Quote from: Caín on Apr 26, 2016, 01:50 AM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Apr 24, 2016, 07:16 PM
im very corious about the original titles of the white pony songs, any idea of the other songs titles? rx queen, street carp, teenager or korea ( wasn't this just white pony?)

1. New Murderer
2. Nightrider
3. Elite
4. Iceskates
5. (DON'T REMEMBER)
6. Teenager
7. Knife Party at the Niko
8. White Pony
9. Timbaland
10. Flint Eastwood
11. Pink Maggot
12. Mini Maggot

This is one of the bootlegs, there had been multiple ones. But it was not the WP leak I downloaded back in the day. Maybe when The Cyndicate finds the time to upload his old files or take a screenshot of them, we will be smarter. I don't even remember whether BTS was called that already or Mini Maggit, but I do remember it coming on after Pink Maggit. This bootleg pic looks a little sketchy, because it has both Digital Bath and Nightrider on, and Nightrider was Digital Bath's original name. And, just like I mentioned, the opening song being called New Murderer (which was Feiticeira) but then a different song titled Feiticeira on it.

Quote from: loeir on Apr 26, 2016, 03:12 AM
edit:

I found an article which names another working title (CYUA)

http://www.mtv.com/news/620051/deftones-softening-on-next-lp/
QuoteCYUA I think is wrong.
I think it was CIYF.

You are right. We are talking about Elite here. Chino himself has said in an interview that the song was titled CIYF until recording it, just to give it a name. I read the CYUA acronym on two websites already. I think it's simply a mistake.
Feiticeira was on one of the leaks I had, but it was a name attached to the wrong song.

I am interested on pulling all of this back out, I just figured everyone still had it and that it was all over the net.

It's not really a big deal that he lied about it, it's just odd.

therealdaebat

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 25, 2016, 10:17 PM
Quote from: deftones86 on Apr 25, 2016, 02:13 PM
ok so never mind all this back to school BS

well to be fair, this IS the back to school thread..

but that working title for Rx Queen "ice-skates". that song is about his meth addiction.

sounds like your interpretation? according to chino,he didn't do meth - he did cocaine during wp.he told kerrang in 2006 he spent 2 years doing speed, around 2004-2005. (speed,not meth,meth is much stronger than speed) according to him wp was the cocaine record, hence the title.

Chino: "I'd been through the coke thing making 'White Pony'. That was really the drug of choice and at that time it still seemed like fun. I got over that, but then i got introduced to speed."

But again, who knows

Meth = speed. Google it.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

loeir

Quote from: therealdaebat on Apr 28, 2016, 04:36 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Apr 25, 2016, 10:17 PM
ok so never mind all this back to school BS

well to be fair, this IS the back to school thread..

but that working title for Rx Queen "ice-skates". that song is about his meth addiction.

sounds like your interpretation? according to chino,he didn't do meth - he did cocaine during wp.he told kerrang in 2006 he spent 2 years doing speed, around 2004-2005. (speed,not meth,meth is much stronger than speed) according to him wp was the cocaine record, hence the title.

Chino: "I'd been through the coke thing making 'White Pony'. That was really the drug of choice and at that time it still seemed like fun. I got over that, but then i got introduced to speed."

But again, who knows

Meth = speed. Google it.

No it's not. Speed = amphetamine which is not the same thing as methamphetamine.

therealdaebat

http://www.drugs.com/illicit/speed.html

To clarify: methamphetamine synthesizes down to amphetamine in your body.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

Dryalex12

I still remember some of them

New Murder was Feit
Digital Bath could of been Nightrider, but some say it was something different
Cum In Your Face was Elite...
People say that Ice Skates was Rx
Teenager was always called it
Flint Eastwood turned into Flint, and then it became Change
Timbaland was Passenger
Knife Party at Niko's was.........well Knife Prty
Pink Maggot.......all they did was change the O
Im assuming White Pony was Korea
The Boys Republic was called Webster too 

GreenMaggit

Not meaning to be rude, but I don't see how you thought it would be needed to exactly copy what everybody has been saying multiple times on two pages.

Dryalex12

well i dont recall anyone saying webster, or what timbland and flint was

GreenMaggit

First page. Third post. Read the thread before you copypaste.

We could do with a little less drug and a little more music talk, too ;)

Dryalex12

Quote from: GreenMaggit on Apr 30, 2016, 02:27 AM
First page. Third post. Read the thread before you copypaste.

We could do with a little less drug and a little more music talk, too ;)

I did read, i just didnt notiec it or i already forgot. i have shit memory.

okay well in any case, thatsd for people who dont want to read all of it :p

The Cyndicate

Alright, fight week is over, so this week I will go thru all of my boxes and try to find the original copy of the leaked version, with Webster on it.

GreenMaggit

The Cyndicate

Quote from: GreenMaggit on May 04, 2016, 02:48 AM
That would be cool, Cyndicate!

Yup.
Haven't found it yet, but I have several copies, plus a pulled hard drive. I'll find it somewhere.

The Cyndicate

Just an update, I have been searching every disc I have in my spare time, and have yet to find the 3 copies I know I have. I will keep looking until I find them.

GreenMaggit

I'm sure we all appreciate it. Thank you for looking for it.

The Cyndicate

Quote from: GreenMaggit on May 13, 2016, 12:08 PM
I'm sure we all appreciate it. Thank you for looking for it.

No problem, I will find them. They are all in the same case, it's just that I have moved from the east coast to Las Vegas since then. So they are in a box somewhere, in a white and clear case, with a silver and black cover. I remember it exactly, it's just finding it that's the problem.

It's sort of scaring me, because I just figured everyone had it. Sort of nerve racking that it comes down to me finding them, in order to save them for posterity.

GreenMaggit

I too had hoped more people had the leak, am really surprised.

I lost mine while moving 8 years ago, along with Kurt Cobain and Chris Cornell demos and some PS1 games and books that I think have been stolen from me.

from_musings

the leak sounded like the final thing, just worse quality. the only exception was mini maggit and the song titles. don't see any reason to post the mp3's again when we have all the titles and first version mini maggit on youtube