Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Favourite moment/part in a Deftones song

Started by snw9, Apr 28, 2016, 02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snw9

Music wise, I think we can all find a good or great moment and it tends to change from time to time. Now I am following Frank on Rapture
Code: [Select]

hockball26

Tonight....You breathed....Then you stopped...I breathed....and dried you off........WAAAAAAAAHHHH.   Ive never had more blazed jam sessions in all my life than to this song and this part.  Best ever.  In my opinion.

Shadow46/2

The waves....
SUUUUUUUUUUUCK
You in, and you drowwwwwn

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

sing blue silver

The opening chords of Hexagram, outro of Bloody Cape, the 'walk into this world' part of Headup, when Kimdracula kicks in, Hearts/Wires chorus, opening chords of Knife Party, every second of AoaUE. There's many many more but those just spring to mind.

Rubicon

Poltergeist is the one that comes immediately to mind. I was going through a pretty savage breakup right around the time KNY came out; I would drive around and play the bridge over and over and over as loud as I could. "What can I say?  I think your head's fucked"... and then later  "I've fuckin' had enough. I think you're just playing to play knowing that I feel sick. Just say it, Say you like to play this game because it drives me wild." The raw aggression there, and the words, and the timing of the album made it all sync with my life so perfectly, so I love that bit for more reasons than just being really awesome music.

Knife Prty: I love the whole song, but the last minute or so always gives me chills. Those screams- jesus.

Outro of Bloody Cape. I feel like that part of the song could fucking crush me.

Kimdracula: "I really wish these snakes were your arms"

Hard to pick a specific part of Beware- what a song.

The scream in Royal.

The first 30 seconds or so of CMND/CTRL. I love the immediacy and the confidence of it. The song isn't exactly brilliant, but I love the drive of it.

Romantic Dreams: The chorus. I fuckin love it, especially how the guitars sound like they're being played backwards.

Rubicon. "Face the crowd."

This band is really special.

Shadow46/2

I actually kinda love the way his voice cracks in Rubicon, "you *cannot* face the crowd"

So damn... I guess honest is the word I would use. Just laying it all on the line

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Hinojos

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Apr 30, 2016, 12:39 AM
I actually kinda love the way his voice cracks in Rubicon, "you *cannot* face the crowd"

So damn... I guess honest is the word I would use. Just laying it all on the line
I feel the same. It kind of gives that vibe that he can't contain his emotions anymore and he's starting to break. Kind of like when you're extremely nervous or emotional and your voice trembles a little bit

ANattyRat

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Apr 30, 2016, 12:39 AM

That's how I feel about Hexagram, the screams sound so raw and like he's giving it everything, sometimes the screams kind of shake or sound like they're about to falter a bit, it's kind of like an 'imperfection' that adds to the song.

sooniletugo

Quote from: Rubicon on Apr 29, 2016, 11:48 PM
Poltergeist is the one that comes immediately to mind. I was going through a pretty savage breakup right around the time KNY came out; I would drive around and play the bridge over and over and over as loud as I could. "What can I say?  I think your head's fucked"... and then later  "I've fuckin' had enough. I think you're just playing to play knowing that I feel sick. Just say it, Say you like to play this game because it drives me wild." The raw aggression there, and the words, and the timing of the album made it all sync with my life so perfectly, so I love that bit for more reasons than just being really awesome music.

Knife Prty: I love the whole song, but the last minute or so always gives me chills. Those screams- jesus.

Outro of Bloody Cape. I feel like that part of the song could fucking crush me.

Kimdracula: "I really wish these snakes were your arms"

Hard to pick a specific part of Beware- what a song.

The scream in Royal.

The first 30 seconds or so of CMND/CTRL. I love the immediacy and the confidence of it. The song isn't exactly brilliant, but I love the drive of it.

Romantic Dreams: The chorus. I fuckin love it, especially how the guitars sound like they're being played backwards.

Rubicon. "Face the crowd."

This band is really special.

Love all those moments. This band has a way of syncing with shit we're going through in our own life. When Girls Telephone Boys also did it for me. When he screams "something's wrong with you and I hope we never do meet again" over and over. Feels like a sledgehammer in your ex's skull.  :)

pinkmaggit69

End of Royal
End of RATS!
Chi on Damone and Pins and Needles

oh and Greasey Filthy Handjobs, in truckstop restrooms, and the butt fucking residue....lol

Drinks won't stain this birth!

Inkblades

Literally a million different moments, but when Abe comes in on Riviere is what's coming to mind right now.

sooniletugo

Quote from: pinkmaggit69 on Apr 30, 2016, 01:42 PM
oh and Greasey Filthy Handjobs, in truckstop restrooms, and the butt fucking residue....lol
this

SomeOf

Too many moments ! We should have "moments per albums" or "moments per musicians" because it's almost impossible to pick.
I'm gonna try...

Minus Blindfold = final riff at 3.47min
Ricket = guitar at 1.58min
Around the Fur = Abe + Stef
Rx Queen = 3.35min to the end, amazing
Digital Bath = Frank + Chino
Bloody Cape = final part
Rats!Rats!Rats = the bridge
976-EVIL = final chorus
Gauze = chorus
Gore = final part at 3.32min

mono

Talking about covers: the ending of the chauffeur is epic, sad that in the live version is not very notorious

Lucas_Moreno

Hello everybody (first post after some time watching the forums as guest):

HOLE IN THE EARTH: The ending guitar riff (it's just so delightful and touching, I remember some weeks ago listening non-stop in HQ with headphones,  laid down in my bed, thinking about my current relationship that it was about to collapse - It collapsed) ..

RISK: The vocal melody of the verse

SEXTAPE: It has such great meaning for me, but I'll choose the Pre-chorus part (Take me one more tiiimeee....)

NEEDLES AND PINS: That guitar intro, with Chino singing like ironical

DIGITAL BATH: The high pitch scream (Feel liiiiike mooooreee...)

7 WORDS: (Suck, suck, suck, suck!!)

There are pleny more, of course .. these are some I remember by now . ;)