Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan Elimination (Round 1)

Started by Dryalex12, Apr 30, 2016, 07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illthrowROCKS@U

WHTY is one of their best album closers to me, after Riviere and Pink Maggot. Not sure why it's hated...  Serve City, on the other hand, is probably their worst album opener. Booooring! Going with Swerve.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

krook

Quote from: Dryalex12 on May 01, 2016, 10:10 PM
It has been awhile, people have diffrent opinions now.

Im gonna keep it up.
No point in doing that.
Things are pretty much the same. WHTY goes away in the first round, then Swerve City and so on.
I hate White Pony.

LG95

People who don't like Swerve City or WHTY can go play in traffic.
I could float here forever

E-Money

Swerve city is my least favorite song from them. And what happened to you is one of my favorites...

Dryalex12

well i already started it, and since its going backwards.....just kidna......deal with it i dont know? i wasnt here in 2011, i dont know theses things :P

Hinojos

Damn I'm actually surprised to see "What Happened to You?" to be the most voted, I personally love that song.

It'll be interesting later on, but I had to vote Graphic Nature as the first one to go. It doesn't do much for me at least compared to the other songs on the album.

Inkblades

Does anyone else find Koi to be style over substance? It's a collection of slick, polished and admittedly catchy songs that, outside of a few tunes, does almost nothing for me on an emotional level.

Oh, and I voted for Tempest. Probably the most overrated Deftones song of all time.

only pieces remain

Quote from: krook on May 01, 2016, 05:53 PM
Quote from: only pieces remain on May 01, 2016, 09:41 AM
Quote from: krook on Apr 30, 2016, 11:43 PM
There have been KNY and DE elimination threads
I suggest that you start with SNW, then S/T and so on. From newer to older albums

this. someone start a snw elimination

I'll do this as soon as Gore Elimination is over.
Two ongoing eliminations would be too much I think.

nice. looking forward to snw elimination

only pieces remain

Quote from: Inkblades on May 02, 2016, 08:51 AM
Does anyone else find Koi to be style over substance? It's a collection of slick, polished and admittedly catchy songs that, outside of a few tunes, does almost nothing for me on an emotional level.

Oh, and I voted for Tempest. Probably the most overrated Deftones song of all time.

i agree with the first part that it feels style over substance for the most part. its not a bad record, but in their catalogue, to me its overall meh with a few standouts

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: only pieces remain on May 02, 2016, 09:23 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on May 02, 2016, 08:51 AM

i agree with the first part that it feels style over substance for the most part. its not a bad record, but in their catalogue, to me its overall meh with a few standouts

I love the sound of Koi honestly for whatever reason. I even like the way chino sings over the melodies. Its just for me some of the songs lyrics just don't hit home for me. Put some Goreish lyrics over Koi's sound and voila I would love it. Although I feel like I am not the usual Deftones fan.

from_musings

Im gonna keep it up.

blasphemy.these eliminations are sacred and only occure once after an album release. you're expressing great disrespect for sl and it's traditions by doing this. if you're gonna do it, please at least wait til the gore elimination is finished,and then choose a record that hasn't had one of these.

with that said, voted whty

Dryalex12

Quote from: from_musings on May 02, 2016, 03:30 PM

Im gonna keep it up.

blasphemy.these eliminations are sacred and only occure once after an album release. you're expressing great disrespect for sl and it's traditions by doing this. if you're gonna do it, please at least wait til the gore elimination is finished,and then choose a record that hasn't had one of these.

with that said, voted whty

Like i said, wasnt around

from_musings

when in rome, do as the romans do

E-Money

Ok guys what is with all the hate for what happened to you? It's seriously my favorite song on the record. I really love that track. And i have since the very first listen.. Just curious to hear why some don't like it. I know music is totally up to the individual. To me the harmonies are great and that guitar is so futuristic sounding. And Abe kills the track.!

rainnyx4

Just realized I accidentally voted for my favorite song on the album as opposed to the one I'd like eliminated (voted Entombed).

I was pleasantly surprised to see WHTY? get so many votes until I realized they were votes of hate not love.

That song is top 3 on the album and one of their best closers. The opinions on this board are so odd.

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: rainnyx4 on May 03, 2016, 12:36 AM
Just realized I accidentally voted for my favorite song on the album as opposed to the one I'd like eliminated (voted Entombed).

I was pleasantly surprised to see WHTY? get so many votes until I realized they were votes of hate not love.

That song is top 3 on the album and one of their best closers. The opinions on this board are so odd.

Na its just Deftone's sound is just so far, and reaching that people vibe with all different types of songs thats why I like them so much.

pelican fly

Quote from: E-Money on May 02, 2016, 10:45 PM
Ok guys what is with all the hate for what happened to you? It's seriously my favorite song on the record. I really love that track. And i have since the very first listen.. Just curious to hear why some don't like it. I know music is totally up to the individual. To me the harmonies are great and that guitar is so futuristic sounding. And Abe kills the track.!

Couldn't of said it better. For all those that miss Chi's playing style, this is the closest track Sergio has come to replacing it. The bass just builds up and explodes during the final minutes of this track and the guitars and effects to go with them are just beautiful.

pelican fly

and I wanna hear them play Gauze live

Inkblades

WHTY? is okay, but kinda "eh" to me. I actually like Chino's vocals, but the music on that one is pretty bland.

HooiserBowhunter

Quote from: Inkblades on May 03, 2016, 04:20 AM
WHTY? is okay, but kinda "eh" to me. I actually like Chino's vocals, but the music on that one is pretty bland.

I feel the same way.