Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

2016 setlist

Started by mrpelon94, May 04, 2016, 01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpelon94

any guesses what they will add to the set besides the usuals?...i hope more SNW and newer DE/KNY/GORE stuff

pelican fly

Probably all the new songs they played so far plus Gore and Acid Hologram sometimes. I'd like them to play different stuff from DE and KNY but that probably won't happen (I think DE , Rocket Skates and Sextape will be on their setlist forever and I would like them to play some of the songs off KNY they didn't ). I'd also love if they played some of the stuff they usually don't play off of ATF (Damone, Mx ,Mascara) WP ( Street Carp, Boys Republic)and especially S/T (Good Morning Beautiful , Battleaxe, Moana would be awesome to hear ). I doubt it. You never know though .

defsteve

This would do me!  ;D

Engine No. 9

Geometric Headdress

Prince

Royal

Headup

Elite

Street Carp

Pittura Infamante

Needles and Pins

Deathblow

Xerces

Combat

Kimdracula

When Girls Telephone Boys

Battle-Axe

Doomed User

Romantic Dreams

Graphic Nature

Gauze

Rickets

Dai The Flu

Encore:

Goon Squad

Pink Maggit
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

mrpelon94

Quote from: defsteve on May 04, 2016, 03:52 AM
This would do me!  ;D

Engine No. 9

Geometric Headdress

Prince

Royal

Headup

Elite

Street Carp

Pittura Infamante

Needles and Pins

Deathblow

Xerces

Combat

Kimdracula

When Girls Telephone Boys

Battle-Axe

Doomed User

Romantic Dreams

Graphic Nature

Gauze

Rickets

Dai The Flu

Encore:

Goon Squad

Pink Maggit
That would be sick:)

Moana91

01 - Teenager (Chino and Frank only)
02 - Korea
03 - Knife Prty
04 - My Own Summer (Shove It)
05 - Geometric Headdress
06 - Rubicon (with Chino on the crowd)
07 - Gore (preceded by "Moana" intro)
08 - Rickets (without outro)
09 - Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away) (with outro of "Rickets" played afterwards)
10 - Hearts/Wires
11 - Digital Bath
12 - Rosemary
13 - MX
14 - Rocket Skates
15 - Pittura Infamante
16 - Change (In the House of Flies)
17 - Prayers/Triangles
18 - 7 Words (with "Say It Ain't So" by Weezer, Chino on the crowd)
Good evening... and welcome to the white pony

B_S_79

Anything from the new album I would love to hear. If I heard GH and AH in addition to what they've already played (P/T, Doomed User, Rubicon, H/W) I'd be pretty satisfied.

I've given up hope that they can play their entire catalog of songs live - they just can't anymore. I'm pretty sure none of us will hear Pittura, Xenon or Phantom Bride, EVER.

I still can't understand why they've NEVER played Graphic Nature live. They either hate it, or they can't pull it off..

sooniletugo

Be Quiet And Drive
Knife Prty
Tempest
Diamond Eyes
*entirety of Gore*

WPHexa82

Really hope to hear LMIRL and Gore live
Hearts/Wires sounds awesome

77years

If they play Pittura infamante live I will completely lose all physical and mental control

mrpelon94

after seeing last nights performance...it seams there never going to change the set except for two or three songs:(

sooniletugo

Wish they'd push the new stuff live more. They did it with DE. Rubicon should be a staple. Even without the chorus lead guitar it's strong as hell with Chino commanding the stage. Also, H/W should replace Rosemary now.

playing more shit from Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan than Gore... doesn't seem right to me.

mrpelon94

Quote from: mrpelon94 on May 09, 2016, 11:40 PM
after seeing last nights performance...it seams there never going to change the set except for two or three songs:(
Update..same set steph still doesn't move..no SNW...I think Sergio has been in the band long enough to start playing older rarer songs...I don't get why bands make kick ass songs and never play them live..smh

B_S_79

It's inexcusable in my opinion. Sitting on the album for over a year. Summer tour with NOTHING new played live. Now we get TWO songs?

jaypayton

they cater their set towards casual fans...its pretty obvious by now..their most interesting sets were 03/04...which was also the high point of the band anyway

ANattyRat

Quote from: sooniletugo on May 10, 2016, 12:23 AM
Wish they'd push the new stuff live more. They did it with DE. Rubicon should be a staple. Even without the chorus lead guitar it's strong as hell with Chino commanding the stage. Also, H/W should replace Rosemary now.

playing more shit from Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan than Gore... doesn't seem right to me.

It's ridiculous. There are easily five or six songs they could remove from the setlist for a year or two and it won't have taken anything away. Like yeah, maybe some fan will get to miss out on hearing Rocket Skates, their favourite song, but hey, they'll hear it next time, because they play it all the damn time. They played Rickets, they played MX, they played Prince which they haven't played in a while, so that's cool. They definitely need to do more of that, this is awesome. But not by stopping Gore songs from being played. Just take the old 'greatest hits' songs out for at least a little while so the new album, the album they're supposed to be touring to promote(???) can get the attention it should.

I love this band, but...they disappoint me so much when they do things like this.

B_S_79

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 11, 2016, 06:09 PM
Quote from: sooniletugo on May 10, 2016, 12:23 AM

It's ridiculous. There are easily five or six songs they could remove from the setlist for a year or two and it won't have taken anything away. Like yeah, maybe some fan will get to miss out on hearing Rocket Skates, their favourite song, but hey, they'll hear it next time, because they play it all the damn time. They played Rickets, they played MX, they played Prince which they haven't played in a while, so that's cool. They definitely need to do more of that, this is awesome. But not by stopping Gore songs from being played. Just take the old 'greatest hits' songs out for at least a little while so the new album, the album they're supposed to be touring to promote(???) can get the attention it should.

I love this band, but...they disappoint me so much when they do things like this.

It's even more ridiculous when they said that they hate playing new songs BEFORE the album is released because they want people to listen to the album first.

sooniletugo

I've been scarred, fuckin' repulsed by this

ANattyRat

Well, I asked someone on Instagram if they played WHTY, and apparently they did. Nice. I don't get it though, they're playing songs they don't often play (Rickets, MX, Prince hadn't been played for a good while), played a song they've never played before (WHTY), but they won't play songs from the album they're touring for. It's just weird as hell. Like they've finally listened to us who've been complaining about stale setlists for years and decided to take that on board, but screwing over their new album in the process. What the hell, Deftones?

Tokyodrifter, where are you??? Please let the band know this isn't quite what we meant!

wkcwkc

Last night's Setlist in Memphis...Some great stuff and some that hasn't been played in a while.  Pittura and Geometric would've been killer live.

Hearts/Wires (Intro)
Rocket Skates
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
MX   
Swerve City
Rosemary
Diamond Eyes
You've Seen the Butcher
Prince
Prayers/Triangles
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Change (In the House of Flies)
What Happened to You? (Live Debut)
Around the Fur
Rickets
Rubicon

Encore:
Root
Engine No. 9 (w/ Cypress Hill's 'How I Could Just Kill A Man)

LG95

Quote from: wkcwkc on May 11, 2016, 10:38 PM
Last night's Setlist in Memphis...Some great stuff and some that hasn't been played in a while.  Pittura and Geometric would've been killer live.

Hearts/Wires (Intro)
Rocket Skates
My Own Summer (Shove It)
Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)
MX   
Swerve City
Rosemary
Diamond Eyes
You've Seen the Butcher
Prince
Prayers/Triangles
Digital Bath
Knife Prty
Change (In the House of Flies)
What Happened to You? (Live Debut)
Around the Fur
Rickets
Rubicon

Encore:
Root
Engine No. 9 (w/ Cypress Hill's 'How I Could Just Kill A Man)
I could quite happily go without hearing the crossed out songs on this tour and instead hearing the new stuff and some of the old stuff they haven't played much before. I mean really, do people really give a massive toss about hearing YSTB live?
I could float here forever