Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

after a month of gore....

Started by jciraheta, May 06, 2016, 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jciraheta

your opinion has improved of the album or not ?????,

mine ha imporved, i have to say for me it ha the the highest peaks o music i like in songs like acid hologram nd rubicon

just my opinion tho

Lucas_Moreno

Kind of.

I still stick with other albums to listen to, most of the time.

digital bath

I'm still not getting into Gore... there is no love for any song like in previous deftones albums. I'm listening to it from time to time, and everytime it's getting a little bit better, but still there is no awesomeness in Gore. I'm listening to it once in a few days, it's not a bad album, but nothing special, nothing I'd like to listen to it in repeat (like I do otherwise with fav. music).
Honestly, I'm also not listening to deftones like a few years ago, it's still one of my fav. bands, but my musical tastes changed more to postrock, ambient and more melodic sound than hard rock and alike
But soon it's summer, maybe this will change at least a bit my opinion on Gore... Idk but summer is always deftones time for me^^

btw still hopping to hear Eros someday ;)

snw9

The album has grown on me except for Geometric Headdress. Title track Gore is heavy but still somewhat weak
Code: [Select]

The Cyndicate

Quote from: jciraheta on May 06, 2016, 03:56 PM

mine ha imporved, i have to say for me it ha the the highest peaks o music i like in songs like acid hologram nd rubicon

just my opinion tho

It's still horrible.

I like 3 songs, but they don't move me.

Just a long wait until the next album.

chuckles

Love it... But still don't like ácido... :/
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

rainnyx4

Quote from: The Cyndicate on May 06, 2016, 08:31 PM

just my opinion tho

It's still horrible.

This. First three songs are good but nothing to go nuts over.

Choruses for Geometric Headdress, Xenon, and Rubicon are all pretty great but the rest of those songs are problematic for various reasons.

Hearts/Wires is a good song but gets tiresome in context of the rest of the album because of how middling the rest of the album is.

Intro and first verse of (L)MIRL is great but the song goes downhill after that.

Pittura Infamante, Gore, and Phantom Bride are all b-side material at best.

Severely disappointing album. Haven't felt like this since S/T.

Cullision

Quote from: The Cyndicate on May 06, 2016, 08:31 PM

just my opinion tho

It's still horrible.

I've had this album playing in my car since it came out, just trying to figure it out, and you're right that there just aren't any songs that move you. This is the first Deftones album I can honestly say I don't like and it's heartbreaking because for the longest time they were like these gods in my eyes that could do no wrong.

sooniletugo

Still love the LP. Every song is sick.

Freedomsoldier17

some what. I've really gotten into the bridge of Pittura. and the title track has grown on me as well. Still don't like Doomed User or Xenon though. Other tracks I all enjoy.

only pieces remain

i like it. i like it a lot

B_S_79

It's best listened to on a cloudy, miserable day.

Having said that, I've flip flopped on the songs quite a bit. I can listen to tracks 4-8 without skipping any tracks. Three weeks ago I was skipping around a lot.

Geometric Headdress is my favorite, hands down. I love the lyrics, the dynamics, the chorus. I know a lot of people hate it, but it's my favorite.

Didn't like Xenon or Pittura at first. Really enjoy them now.

Title track is a lazy riff. My least favorite hands down. Phantom Bride had potential, and I loved it at first, but after a month of listening it seems like they couldn't figure out a bridge so they asked someone to throw in a solo.

Doomed User is a "blast in your car when stuck in traffic" type of song for me.

AH is very cool. It's is very cut and paste with the ideas.

I feel like between the last two albums they've done a lot of cutting and pasting and not figuring out how to make a song flow. Just my opinion.

I would say "I need to hear them live before finalizing my opinion" but I know most of these songs will never be played live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77years

It's still fucking phenomenal

ZND84

After a month I still rank Gore as my least liked Deftones album. with that being said I love Geometric Headdress and Hearts/Wires. I love how frantic GH is. Rubicon and Gore I also really enjoy. Those four songs are the shit. Pittura Infamante and Xenon are the worst Deftones songs I've ever heard, there are no other Deftones songs that make me cringe. LMIRL is pretty shitty too. P/T, Acid Hologram, Doomed User and Phantom Bride are alight but they don't stand out to me.

LG95

It's really good, I just wish it had been better produced and certainly better mixed.

It really picks up from Pittura Infamante IMO. The first five songs are decent - Acid Hologram in particular is great - but Pittura Infamante is when it goes up a notch. Fuck anyone who doesn't like that song.
I could float here forever

Cullision

Quote from: ZND84 on May 08, 2016, 05:14 PM
Pittura Infamante and Xenon are the worst Deftones songs I've ever heard, there are no other Deftones songs that make me cringe.

Agreed, and they're back to back to add insult to injury.

77years

Pittura infamante and xenon are the most infuckingcredible Deftones songs ever released and they give me a raging erection sequenced back to back on the album

Dryalex12

Quote from: 77years on May 09, 2016, 01:49 AM
Pittura infamante and xenon are the most infuckingcredible Deftones songs ever released and they give me a raging erection sequenced back to back on the album
.-.

deftones47

I've listened to the whole album once, so I'll need to listen to it again.

At this point, the only song from Gore I really love is Doomed User.

Inkblades

I still like the album, but I have to admit that I haven't really been listening to it much lately. I did listen to Phantom Bride last night, a song that I was finding new things to dislike with each listen, and it sounded fucking great. Funny how that works.

Pittura and Xenon are pretty good songs, but they are sort of a bizarre tonal shift from the rest of the album. The rest of the album feels a little darker, but those songs seem so lighthearted and happy.