Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Saturday Night Wrist Elimination (final)

Started by krook, May 24, 2016, 10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krook

Combat was eliminated in round 10.

Rivière gets my vote just because I once had trouble getting into this song.
I hate White Pony.

Cullision

I can't realistically vote against Rivière.

krook

I wanted to make a pun like this: "Rivière haunts the poll, it waits for a new vote..." but it seems I'll never be able to do so.
I hate White Pony.

mono

Fuck, this is hard. Bye byr kimdracula

nicklav

cvthedrv

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

illthrowROCKS@U

9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

ZND84

I like Riviere but I can think of five better songs off of SNW that are WAY better than that one. what a bunch of bandwagons.

E-Money

Riv is just as good as it gets. Had to vote Kimdracula.

The Cyndicate

Riviere is the best song.

But you shouldn't make a poll and try to influence it in your first post. It invalidates the poll.

snw9

So tough to vote here, had to eliminate Kim Dracula. Riviere has a unique style here.
Code: [Select]

ZapZaqZap

Riviere is only good if you're chilling/by yourself/calm setting.

Not good for blasting down the highway or anything like that. For that reason I'm voting Riviere, hope Kimdracula wins (Y)

sooniletugo

Tough one. Both awesome songs. Wish they'd play Kimdracula again!

sing blue silver

Riviere has a special place in my heart. Kimdracula was my favourite when the record came out but Riviere sticks with you.

The Cyndicate

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 25, 2016, 02:10 AM
Riviere has a special place in my heart. Kimdracula was my favourite when the record came out but Riviere sticks with you.

Riviere is very special.

Vesanic

These elimination threads went by before I could see them. Rivière is the unexpected gem that came out of the SNW mayhem. Very happy to see it win.

Freedomsoldier17

I feel like I have an interesting relationship with Riviere. It was one of the few songs I didn't dislike after listening to SNW for the first time(HITE and Beware were 10/10s on
first listen, while this was an 8/10). It's a really chill song which really captures the mellower part of Deftones. I also really like how it melts into "Drive" even if that song is a cover. About 3 years after listening to SNW and growing to like every song, even Pink Cellphone if I'm in a tolerable mood, it's not exactly my favorite anymore. The chorus doesn't sound quite as good to me. But it's weird...even if I don't love the song anymore I love listening to it every once in a blue moon for some reason. It's like finding a long-lost lover who isn't really the same anymore but you still kind of love for a reason you can't describe.

Took me a while to get into but Kimdracula is a great song. It's kinda raw but also has this wild rock atmosphere which makes you want to jump up and down and ride the guitar like a roller coaster. Chino's vocals are great here too, his range(even with the help of mixing) is impressive. Everyone is solid on all fronts.

rainnyx4

Riviere is a great idea of a song. It only falls flat during the bridge, like many Deftones songs.

Inkblades

Nah, that bridge is awesome. Although, I remember reading something when the album came out that Riviere was originally longer, but Lopez had Chino shorten it. Probably not the best idea for the song (feels like it ends abruptly), but it's still amazing and definitely the rightful winner of SNW elimination. It's absolutely haunting, and definitely takes a moose-sized shit on a bland dad rock song like What Happened to You?.