Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Around the Fur Elimination - Final Round

Started by Freedomsoldier17, Jun 28, 2016, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freedomsoldier17

Damone was eliminated in round 8. Also a question...what do people like so much about ATF(the song)? Am surprised to see it got so far.

LG95

Don't know why you're surprised to see ATF get this far... it's fucking brilliant.

I love everything about it really. Abe's great intro, Chino's really clever percussive breathing alongside it, the teasing vocal melody of the verse before it unleashes like fuck in the chorus, the wonderfully spacey bridge, the aggression of the outro. It has pretty much everything you'd want in a rock song really. Beyond me why you wouldn't love it.
I could float here forever

Martin

I prefer 'Damone' over 'Around The Fur' but ok.
As far as I'm concerned, 'Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away)' doesn't only win this round, but all of 'm...it's the quintessential Deftones track.

hockball26

Is there gonna be an elimination poll for all the album winners now?

illthrowROCKS@U

The title track is one of the best songs on the album. BQAD is a decent third, but ATF should win. It's got the best bridge on that album, is dark and heavy, and just a kickass riff.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Cullision

Easily BQAD, I also think ATF shouldn't have got this far.

Inkblades

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Jun 28, 2016, 05:51 PM
Damone was eliminated in round 8. Also a question...what do people like so much about ATF(the song)? Am surprised to see it got so far.

Super catchy yet moody verses, heavy as fuck choruses, awesome riffs, amazing drumming, probably the best/trippiest Deftones bridge of all time and a brutal ending. What's not to like?

BillyNo.9

Maybe if we loose BQAD, Frank will leak the video for Around the Fur...

laurapalmer

Around the Fur has no business beating BQAD. Do the right thing people

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Love the idea of having a best track of all winners poll!!! It's obvious anyways right!?!?😁 Though a few favs of mine never went anywhere, still fun to see the overall result bc a new generation is different to ten years ago along with many new tracks
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

hockball26

I would be curious to see if an album winners elimination poll would result in the same answer if the question was choose your overall favorite deftones song ever poll.

Freedomsoldier17

Martin

Quote from: Freedomsoldier17 on Jul 01, 2016, 06:25 PM
been 3 days. and bqad wins by one

Wow. Didn't think it'd be that close...

Freedomsoldier17