Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What songs would you like to see as openers?

Started by sooniletugo, Aug 13, 2016, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvthedrv

see kimdracula like could be a dream come true, one of my truly loved songs for ever.

B_S_79

Rats Rats Rats was a great opener, but I doubt that would ever be played again.

I've seen them open with Mascara which was actually awesome.

One show they opened with Dai The Flu, the barricade up front collapsed so they had to stop. Then Chino went rogue and asked what everyone wanted to hear - they ended up opening with 7 Words and went right into E9. That was pretty insane.

I'll take Geometric Headdress for my most wanted opener :-)

arsenalfc

We saw them open with Royal once in Antwerp, that was pretty cool!

deftones47

Doomed User, Swerve City, Engine No. 9, Hole in the Earth, or Hexagram.

E-Money

Would love to see Damone make its way back in the setlist.. Also some more Snw songs.. Cherry waves especially. Hope Rivière comes back as well.

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Eros TBA

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: ZND84 on Aug 16, 2016, 02:34 AM
bloody cape would be my choice, that shit could really set the tone for the whole show

Yes, this is what I want.

Although, I'd settle for Hexagram.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Hinojos

Bloody Cape and Korea would be some sick explosive openers. Rickets would be decent too.

Rapture isn't one of my favorites from them but I could see it being a great opener to quickly set the mood.

For something more unrealistic I'd say open it with Lovers, and close the show out with The Boys Republic.

RaptureWS

Quote from: endstand on Aug 15, 2016, 09:07 AM
Feiticeira

This. I am of the opinion that Feiticeira is not only the best album opener, but that it should be the standard live opener always and forever. That riff is just so Deftones.

EDIT- Inb4 "but Hexagram!". Hexagram is a close, close second for my favorite album opener.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

BewareTheWater

Hearts/Wires. They keep playing the intro , yet refuse to play the rest of the fucking song, for some reason.

Also , yeah , Pink Maggit and Feiticeira would be epic.

defTHE1s

Too bad they opened their set @ Knotfest Mexico with the same intro they used back in 2014 and then Rocket Skates.
The good surprise for me there was hearing Kimdracula live for the first time.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

snw9

Quote from: cvthedrv on Aug 16, 2016, 06:28 AM
see kimdracula like could be a dream come true, one of my truly loved songs for ever.

I saw it man live as the opener, it was powerful just like the album. Hope you get to experience it.
Code: [Select]

BewareTheWater

Yeah, seeing them open with Kimdracula was amazing for me as well.

BillyNo.9

Bloody Cape or Feiticeira. Nice and dissonant then BOOM, there goes yer head.

pinata89

ZND84

I forgot about Damone, that would be the shit as a opener

BewareTheWater

Now that I think about it, I feel like Pink Maggit works better as a closer.

defTHE1s

Fist would be a nice touch instead of the intros they use to play and then follow with Acid Hologram, maybe...