Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

What's the first metal song you remember hearing?

Started by Freedomsoldier17, Aug 15, 2016, 07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freedomsoldier17

! No longer available

It was on one of my old nascar video games. I dug the hell out of the intro and the chorus riff. Can't say it got me into metal really but it was definitely a rougher song for me, but in a good way. It got me super jumpy

digital bath

I think mine was Europe with final countdown, I really loved it as a kid when it was on the radio. Later on it was Scorpions with wind of change. Both do not really fit in the metal genre, but honestly I really don't know my first metal song...

theis

Sepultura - Roots

&

Metallica - The Memory Remains

defTHE1s

Mine was Sepultura - Ratamahatta, though what really impressed me was the video; at that time wasn't really into music.
Really the first metal song I heard I don't know what it was, one of the ones was that Sepultura's song and Rammstein - Du RIecht so Gut '98, or it could be something of Nirvana or Metallica... (not really metal but you get the point)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

deftones47

If memory serves me right, it was "Down With the Sickness" by Disturbed. I was only 11.

BillyNo.9

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Metallica's Trapped Under Ice on CD and on radio Pantera's Walk

Eros TBA

Seven

Maybe Limp Bizkit- My Generation

Crazylegs

Quote from: Eros TBA on Jan 19, 2017, 06:23 PM
Black Sabbath

The song? That's like the ultimate introduction.

I can't remember a specific one that is metal per definition. But if I'm allowed to stretch the definition a bit, i would say "one of these days" by pink floyd. My dad had it on a cassette tape i listened to all the time when i was a kid. It's pretty dark and heavy, no?

Hinojos

I'd possibly have a different answer if I sat here thinking for a bit, but the first I remember clearly is Duality - Slipknot.

I was probably 10-12 years old, back when MTV still played music videos.

At the time I haven't even heard or tried to listen to anything remotely heavy/metal-ish yet, but I actually dug that song.

Rally Sweat

Haha, I've got a Slipknot VHS somewhere. Rmember thinking how dangerous and exciting they seemed...First metal song was probably a Metallica or Fear Factory one though.

defTHE1s

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jan 19, 2017, 07:09 PM
Quote from: Eros TBA on Jan 19, 2017, 06:23 PM
Black Sabbath

The song? That's like the ultimate introduction.

I can't remember a specific one that is metal per definition. But if I'm allowed to stretch the definition a bit, i would say "one of these days" by pink floyd. My dad had it on a cassette tape i listened to all the time when i was a kid. It's pretty dark and heavy, no?
Yes, One of These Days  was dark and heavy back in time but it still is a very current song.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Red Pill

BewareTheWater

theis