Previous topic - Next topic

ZND84

try not including demos of songs that made the Adrenaline album

My favorite is Venison, Chino, Abe whatever they all standout on this one

laurapalmer

Hidalgo

Vesanic

ZND84

honestly Venison, God's Hand, Plastic, Linus and the rest of the album are all amazing. I played it all the way through a couple of days ago while i was lifting and it just reminded how fucking sweet these songs are. I feel bad for the fans who haven't heard them.

@Vesanic  do you happen to have the song "dope"

snw9

Code: [Select]

dangerballs

Gift for sure. It's got such a fun sound with great melodies, and it's totally out of the ordinary for them.

LG95

Quote from: dangerballs on Oct 26, 2016, 06:47 PM
Gift for sure. It's got such a fun sound with great melodies, and it's totally out of the ordinary for them.
I could float here forever

BewareTheWater

I kinda like the little reggae rock thing goin' on in Answers.

defTHE1s

Not really picking a favorite one, but the songs I enjoy the most are Some People, Gift, Answers and God's Hands.
And the whole Like Linus demos remind me of that time I used to play them often while playing Resident Evil 2.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

sing blue silver

N0S3BLEED976

Most of Like Linus is pretty bad, but I like Venison and Teething

Inkblades

It's not bad, but it's very dated and some of the songs are derivative of other bands. They hadn't quite found their sound/style/identity/whateveryouwannacallit yet. Like Linus (the song) is the shit, though. Gift's pretty good, too.

sing blue silver

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Oct 27, 2016, 09:55 AM
Most of Like Linus is pretty bad, but I like Venison and Teething

Listening to a band try to find their own sound is kinda awkward and clunky. I can't listen to most of Linus really without getting embarrassed for them. There are flashes of potential all over it and the title track is still an old favourite of mine.

snw9

Deftones had 2 drummers in the past (without counting Dominic behind the drums). Any know which songs Abe played on?

Wasn't "The vegetable song" the first song deftones ever wrote? Because in this video Chino mentions its Plastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq4C5lg7Hd8
Code: [Select]

pinata89

I love this particular version of "Nosebleed."  Not only do I like the rawness of Chino's vocals, but I also love the little riff that starts the song...wish they would have kept that for the Adrenaline version.

Deftones-argentina

Venison is my favourite old school tune,
then god's hand,
then Linus.