https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyMns10fxls&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDOPjKgn4S0&feature=youtu.be

oh, and just for good measure, since no one took notice in the other forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST-J2TQbmNk

snw9

Code: [Select]

DeftonesNZ

illthrowROCKS@U

I have been thoroughly convinced for quite some time now that a Deftones album with Melanie, Smile, Dallas, and Finger of Death on it (given proper production) would be better than anything they've put out for over a decade now, regardless of the rest of the songs on there. Great music... Even if the other songs were all average (for Deftones), it would probably end up in my top 3 or 4 Deftones albums.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Seven

defTHE1s

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Dec 13, 2016, 09:58 PM
I have been thoroughly convinced for quite some time now that a Deftones album with Melanie, Smile, Dallas, and Finger of Death on it (given proper production) would be better than anything they've put out for over a decade now, regardless of the rest of the songs on there. Great music... Even if the other songs were all average (for Deftones), it would probably end up in my top 3 or 4 Deftones albums.
That would make sense since I've been thinking that nothing on Gore is as better as Smile is. FoD would work and sure it's also a highlight but i won't consider it since it's from the SNW sessions.
On the other hand, Melanie and "Dallas" deserve to have his own studio versions, wich I think they would kick ass to many from Gore or previous albums.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

snw9

Quote from: defTHE1s on Dec 15, 2016, 04:12 PM
That would make sense since I've been thinking that nothing on Gore is as better as Smile is. FoD would work and sure it's also a highlight but i won't consider it since it's from the SNW sessions.
On the other hand, Melanie and "Dallas" deserve to have his own studio versions, wich I think they would kick ass to many from Gore or previous albums.

They will very likely have their studio versions, just a matter of time

jbmp1390

Quote from: defTHE1s on Dec 15, 2016, 04:12 PM

the1s 100% correct as usual. Been dreaming of studio versions of those tracks for years.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

ZND84

you might be right, i like Smile more than any of the songs on their last three albums, minus Prince

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: ZND84 on Jan 27, 2017, 07:49 AM

you might be right, i like Smile more than any of the songs on their last three albums, minus Prince

Definitely man. Smile is a Deftones classic.

I recognize that FoD came out of the SNW sessions. That wasn't really the point though. The point I was making is that these recently unreleased songs together on an album would be better than anything they've officially released in a long time.

Makes me wonder about Crest...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

O

you might be right, i like Smile more than any of the songs on their last three albums
It's not that difficult, With this albums...

ZND84

Quote from: O on Jan 27, 2017, 11:37 PM

you might be right, i like Smile more than any of the songs on their last three albums
It's not that difficult, With this albums...
[/quote

you mean like their last three albums suck? i don't agree with that at all. i think Smile is just that good of song. with that said Gore is their only album i skip over songs. i really don't like Xenon, pittura infamante and phantom bride. to me those songs suck. the ending part steph does on phantom bride is good though. DE and KNY i still really like. honestly the benchmark they set with their previous albums is pretty fucking high. im sure the studio version of Melanie is amazing. too bad Russia won't hack warner brothers

mrpelon94

i doubt there was ever an eros album..and most of the material were remade or shelved forever....i just dont ever see an eros album ever being released...but thats just my opinion

gwenudo

Quote from: scarywindow on Dec 12, 2016, 10:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyMns10fxls&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDOPjKgn4S0&feature=youtu.be

oh, and just for good measure, since no one took notice in the other forum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST-J2TQbmNk

Damn, i went crazy thinking they were actual leaked studio versions of the songs, but nope.. same one's I've been listening to for years :( kinda gave me blue balls man..
Was it like it seemed?...

snw9

Quote from: mrpelon94 on Feb 23, 2017, 02:04 AM
i doubt there was ever an eros album..and most of the material were remade or shelved forever....i just dont ever see an eros album ever being released...but thats just my opinion

Perhaps at the twilight of their career to go out with a bang!