Author Topic: Album Nine  (Read 3190 times)

Offline visceralgod

• Be nice, I come in peace
Re: Album Nine
« Reply #40 on: Apr 08, 2018, 11:28 AM »
Honestly, I really wouldn't mind if Chino completely abandoned yelling/"screaming" on the new album. If anything, just to preserve whatever he has left of his voice. For the next album, imagine the darkest, most nostalgic sounding stuff they've made. Absolutely evil and vivid lyrics. Crushing AND emotional guitar with deceivingly sweet vocals about things most too strange for most bands. That's what I want.

Offline M36

• Get Bored
« Reply #41 on: Apr 08, 2018, 01:47 PM »
Honestly, I really wouldn't mind if Chino completely abandoned yelling/"screaming" on the new album. If anything, just to preserve whatever he has left of his voice. For the next album, imagine the darkest, most nostalgic sounding stuff they've made. Absolutely evil and vivid lyrics. Crushing AND emotional guitar with deceivingly sweet vocals about things most too strange for most bands. That's what I want.

Offline illthrowROCKS@U

• Elite
  • Deftones: My drug of choice
« Reply #42 on: Apr 09, 2018, 03:01 PM »

I can get with this. Maybe a couple well-placed screams here and there, but mostly cleans. Gore's screams were pretty lack luster... I'd rather him sing than scream like that. Of course, I'd rather rather screams a la Hexagram (or even Royal), but I feel that those days are behind us now.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor

Offline M36

• Get Bored