Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

They're writing...

here's the hashtags

#deftones #thespot #sacramento #sacto #writing #fuji #fujifilm #fujifilm_xseries #fujifilmxseries #fujix100f #X100F #fujifilmx100f

Inkblades

How many strings is Stephen up to now?

Vesanic

Pinned the thread.

For recap, they started writing, Chino said he wants Stef's sound back to the forefront, and Stef has a fucking 9-string.

kitesvera

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 18, 2018, 03:58 AM
Pinned the thread.

For recap, they started writing, Chino said he wants Stef's sound back to the forefront, and Stef has a fucking 9-string.

and stef has a fucking 9 string! haha lost it reading that! On another note they need to hurry the fuck up!

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: kitesvera on Oct 24, 2018, 08:11 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 18, 2018, 03:58 AM
Pinned the thread.

and stef has a fucking 9 string! haha lost it reading that! On another note they need to hurry the fuck up!

I'm going to disagree. Slow the fuck down and do it right! Gore had some solid ass songs that were ruined with fucked up production. I'd rather them delay the album a full year to get it right than just say "fuck it, it's done" again.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

nicklav

Do we know for sure that he's playing a nine? He was just holding it in that photo...

Penicks

well it sounded like he was just holding one in the previous albums

Korea Rounding

It doesn't look like Stephen's riffing out any new ideas there in the picture,It actually looks like he's learning a new instrument.Like a fucking beginner.Goddamn 9-string.

He didn't even learn to master the 8-string properly, and now this? Low expectations from my part.

E-Money

Quote from: Korea Rounding on Nov 21, 2018, 04:18 PM
It doesn't look like Stephen's riffing out any new ideas there in the picture,It actually looks like he's learning a new instrument.Like a fucking beginner.Goddamn 9-string.

He didn't even learn to master the 8-string properly, and now this? Low expectations from my part.

Agreed. He wrote his best stuff on a 6 and with Terry. Would love to see him go back to the 6.. so much for that.

normsteez

Is that a nine string? I counted 8 strings......
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

Hidalgo

Quote from: E-Money on Nov 21, 2018, 05:53 PM
Quote from: Korea Rounding on Nov 21, 2018, 04:18 PM

Agreed. He wrote his best stuff on a 6 and with Terry. Would love to see him go back to the 6.. so much for that.
i'd like to see him go back to 6 string too. it was his best stuff

nicklav

Quote from: Penicks on Oct 29, 2018, 09:48 PM
well it sounded like he was just holding one in the previous albums

Hahaha

LG95

Two and a half years since Gore. Hope we get some news soon.
I could float here forever

Vesanic

Imo his best stuff may have been on a 7 string. There was that perfect balance between melody and heaviness. Hexagram main riff will probably be my favorite until they split, it's fucking beautiful.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 29, 2018, 04:08 AM
Imo his best stuff may have been on a 7 string. There was that perfect balance between melody and heaviness. Hexagram main riff will probably be my favorite, it's fucking beautiful.

I could have sworn I saw yesterday that someone who sounded an awful lot like Red Pill/The Prodigy responded to this with his usual dumb shit. Did that get deleted?

And to remain on topic, I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. The Hexagram riff is probably the best in all of Deftones' discography.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Vesanic

I knew it was him from his first posts in rap sections. I had decided to give him a pass hoping he understood his shit makes no sense in this forum. Should have known better. He's had several dozens of accounts so far.

Back on topic.

Vesanic

FYI this venue is the Golden 1 Center. You think they're going to check out the Trans Siberian Orchestra?

patrick

100% with you. Favorite song ever!!!  Monster riffs
Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 29, 2018, 04:08 AM
Imo his best stuff may have been on a 7 string. There was that perfect balance between melody and heaviness. Hexagram main riff will probably be my favorite until they split, it's fucking beautiful.

God