Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAD0Yzhgex1/

"A few options I brought along for the recording of our new album. Ending up using my signature snare for entire album with the exception of a bell brass for one track. FYI...orange sparkle is 'Digital Bath' snare. 😊" - Abe

sharinglungs

I'm excited that they're sharing this excitement about the new album, and actually using social media...

Vesanic

As a rule of thumb, please do not post on here what you guys heard in Sergio's personal livestreams or Chino's mixlr sessions regarding the new album. Keep it there or between yourselves. It's probably imminent at this point.

Penicks

why not? it's a public livestream after all

LG95

It's public in the same sense that having a conversation in the street is; it exists in a public space but the nature of it is broadly private. I think it's fine to respect that Sergio and Chino almost certainly don't want what they say on those streams to be printed in the music press or anything like that.
I could float here forever

Penicks

well i'm not gonna go on my twitter and announce that i'll be in the middle of the street at 8pm and anybody who's willing to talk can come and talk but okay

Inkblades

So, how 'bout them Yankees?

LG95

Quote from: Penicks on May 17, 2020, 12:09 AM
well i'm not gonna go on my twitter and announce that i'll be in the middle of the street at 8pm and anybody who's willing to talk can come and talk but okay
You should do, dude, you'll get way more late night clients.
I could float here forever

rainnyx4

lol, people here acting like what Deftones say online about a new album is like trading in national secrets. No one is scouring this website trying to be the next wikileaks.

Vesanic

Quote from: rainnyx4 on May 17, 2020, 02:01 AM
lol, people here acting like what Deftones say online about a new album is like trading in national secrets. No one is scouring this website trying to be the next wikileaks.

Sarcasm aside, you shouldn't be so sure about that.

kurtone

Quote from: rainnyx4 on May 17, 2020, 02:01 AM

But the post from Abe's personal Instagram stays. Go figure.

kurtone

Summer tour is officially postponed.

mono

Quote from: kurtone on May 19, 2020, 10:21 PM
Summer tour is officially postponed.

Right...at least they shared some information. Probably we will have the new dates near the end of may.

ponyx

I kinda wish I wouldn't read all this so I can live life and let the days fly by and be surprised by a new song or the album. But I cant stay away.

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: ponyx on May 21, 2020, 07:16 AM
I kinda wish I wouldn't read all this so I can live life and let the days fly by and be surprised by a new song or the album. But I cant stay away.
Yeah, us Deftones die hards really torture ourselves every new album cycle by constantly checking in here just to be met with no new updates lol. I remember shortly before Gore dropped, someone had some leaks from a vinyl rip and they were DM'ing them to people here. The leak wasn't even reported on hasitleaked yet, so we were first grabs for leaks as far as I could tell. So I just keep checking in hopes that I am here if something like that happens again. I'm just waiting for that day I come on and the page number on this thread has spiked haha

Vesanic

I repeat:

Do not post on here anything you may have heard from the members' personal stream pages. They're easy to find if you want to set notifications and check out their stuff when they're on. Just don't echo on here what they said on there.

sharinglungs

I wonder when we can start talking about the new album, in the new album thread?

Penicks

you don't get it man

the band is gonna get house arrest and no dessert after dinner and the fbi will execute us together will julian assange

sharinglungs

Quote from: Penicks on May 25, 2020, 05:27 PM
you don't get it man

the band is gonna get house arrest and no dessert after dinner and the fbi will execute us together will julian assange

Vesanic

Quote from: sharinglungs on May 25, 2020, 04:38 PM
I wonder when we can start talking about the new album, in the new album thread?

Chino asked on his mixlr to not spread what he said/shared on there. You may think what you want about it, that was his request anyway. Whatever other info that's leaked or been published is okay to discuss here.